Kydoimos

ArmA 3 : RESIST

That trailer is probably the best I've seen for an ArmA mission/campaign! Really nice. I'm looking forward to this!

Thanks eXpouk - that's really encouraging! I'd like to do something similar for the campaign outro. I'm nearing 3,000 hours of game time now - and it feels like every second of that has been in the editor, lol! A third of the way through the campaign and I feel it won't disappoint! Playtesting for the first episode ('Road's End') begins on 22nd April. If you (or anyone else for that matter) would like to try it out, just find me on Steam under Kydoimos. At present, I'm busy writing the script for episode 3 and finishing up episode 2. Desperate to talk about the final mission but - I've sworn myself to silence. I'll add some teaser screenshots soon...

Wow, this looks better than the original campaign. Keep up the good work Kydoimos !

I added you on Steam and I would love to test your campaign.

Nearing the completion of the second mission in the campaign - and in the process of writing the third. We had a fantastic translation of the first mission into Russian as well, by Demetrius Tokmashov from the Russian Arma Community. French, Spanish, and German translations will also be in the pipeline!

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

And to give you an idea of the attention to detail:

MilitaryBastards_zpsc7e970a3.jpg

All the missions should be littered with these nice little aesthetic finds...

My gosh! Looking forward to the end of april to play mission 1!!!

Invited several friends to like your page. Well done sir!

Thank you Variable - much appreciated! All the publicity helps!

Only two days until private playtesting on Road's End. Man, I hope you chaps enjoy it!

Just for you Pete - a screenshot from the third mission in the campaign "Approaching Thunder":

Loadscreen_zps237cab40.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

My Mrs. said the helicopter looked like it had a 'grumpy face'... made me chuckle anyhow.

I have to agree with your better half. It looks really grumpy. But it would be even weirder with a smile. :D

Road's End has just been published on Steam Workshop and is available for playtesting to friends. If you're interested, sent me an invite via Steam. Thanks!

Here's a question for all of you out there. Presently writing the script for 'Approaching Thunder' and I'm looking for a bit of inspiration. Need a catch phrase before an explosion. A yippee-ki-yay sort of thing, or military expression. In my head, I've got that awesome line from The Usual Suspects: 'Bada-bing Bada-bang boom'. Not quite sure what I'm after, but will know it when I see it... also, chuck us any military jargon you can think of (aside from the obvious 'solid copy, roger that' etc. Cheers!

How about a famous line from our favorite pilot, Murdock of the A-Team, "Hang on, everybody - I wanna try something I saw in a cartoon once!"

How about a classic: "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning... it smells like victory" ;)

Anxious for your campaign, kkep it coming!

cheers!

Here's a question for all of you out there. Presently writing the script for 'Approaching Thunder' and I'm looking for a bit of inspiration. Need a catch phrase before an explosion. A yippee-ki-yay sort of thing, or military expression. In my head, I've got that awesome line from The Usual Suspects: 'Bada-bing Bada-bang boom'. Not quite sure what I'm after, but will know it when I see it... also, chuck us any military jargon you can think of (aside from the obvious 'solid copy, roger that' etc. Cheers!

"I say god damn what a rush"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPzcE2OO8qU

Thanks guys - some nice lines there! Yeah, that Travolta one's a gem! Had to chuckle! I must say, writing scripts for ArmA 3 is a challenge in itself. Quite difficult to tread that line between gritty realism and, well, more aesthetic, computer game speak. Also considering a military slang name for CSAT. 'Redcats' perhaps? Anyway, it's definitely nice to be receiving ideas from the community.

Also considering a military slang name for CSAT. 'Redcats' perhaps? Anyway, it's definitely nice to be receiving ideas from the community.

Egg heads, brownies, and my favourite: space monkeys ;)

They're definitely looking alien. So it must be something from outer space!