Sign in to follow this  
theevancat

CSAT Modification Project

I'm not sure. But caseless is the future and the future is now.

I'll take a look and see if it's config-related. Apparently there needs to be a LOD for it as well, and if the rifle is caseless then BI might not have put a LOD for the ejection of different thingies (shells) which means that there'd be no way for the game to tell where the shells eject out of (if there even is an ejection port at all, which I don't believe so) and thus I'd get nothing or I'd screw up the weapon with the configging. And, like I said, BI models can't be edited.

No updates over the weekend or today. Haven't gotten any work done on account of homework and a track meet.

Interesting...

Will come more CSAT countries (for example china, Korea perhaps, The middle eastern)?

Interesting...

Will come more CSAT countries (for example china, Korea perhaps, The middle eastern)?

That's the plan, once Iran is all finished.

Speaking of which, the helmet textures are done: I'm working on getting them in game.

That's the plan, once Iran is all finished.

Speaking of which, the helmet textures are done: I'm working on getting them in game.

woo hoo!

Liking the look of that helmet, so body armour next? (Get rid of alien vents?)

woo hoo!

Liking the look of that helmet, so body armour next? (Get rid of alien vents?)

Current fatigues are the AAF ones and my body armor for the time being is the black plate carrier.

Glorious, glorious updates, everyone!

The FCH Penah is now working and in the game with textures done by shtebbie! There is some tweaking needed (move it slightly to the left, for example) and maybe some texture details. But for now it is complete. Behold:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249549647

Glorious, glorious updates, everyone!

The FCH Penah is now working and in the game with textures done by shtebbie! There is some tweaking needed (move it slightly to the left, for example) and maybe some texture details. But for now it is complete. Behold:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=249549647

You've done a really good job. I really like how the helmet and the new CSAT looks :)

Nice work theEvanCat and team :) I've been playing mods for so long that Im constantly surprised at how rediculous CSAT look when I see them while testing scripts etc, currently enjoying the PLA as an alternative, look forward to seeing this in action.

Very nice, its like a whole new Faction, no more bugmen

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

you should make a North Korea mod to be a legacy of the old North Korea SF mod from Alpha

My new issue is with the mod logo appearing very transparent in the expansions screen. Anyone know the cause and fix?

My new issue is with the mod logo appearing very transparent in the expansions screen. Anyone know the cause and fix?

Only thing I can think of is your logo is transparent to a degree on its own, I can send over a mod logo of mine for you to compare if you want?

It's got a transparent background but I ran it through Texview and Gimp and it's normal there. Is there just a problem with transparent backgrounds?

It's got a transparent background but I ran it through Texview and Gimp and it's normal there. Is there just a problem with transparent backgrounds?

As far as I've seen, I only have issues when its transparent. So I've stuck to a solid one and it works out fine.

Hey man, the mod is coming together nicely :) I was wondering, do you have a template that you use of the hex camo? I'm thinking of making a few different variations of it

Hey man, the mod is coming together nicely :) I was wondering, do you have a template that you use of the hex camo? I'm thinking of making a few different variations of it

Yep. It's actually from a thread around here that I found while Googling for samples. I believe it was AntoineFlemming's. I'm on my phone so I can't get it to you just this second.

Surpher made a really nice tilable .psd template of the CSAT hexcam, that you can recolour to any mix of colours that you like:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165767-CSAT-Hexcam-sample&p=2526909&viewfull=1#post2526909

Yeah, AntoineFlemming released a variant of that.

Meanwhile, I got rid of my logo's transparency and it shows up. Ish. I want to get rid of that ugly white square and while the camo scheme looks cool as hell, I have no idea what happened.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305138006716864/52FD8713441AF0E3B7894405260F40D0791CCB42/

Save it as a TGA with the white as a transparency then convert it to a PAA.

Save it as a TGA with the white as a transparency then convert it to a PAA.

Would I go back into Gimp and make the white transparent again or would I set white as transparent in a TexView option or something?

Yeah, AntoineFlemming released a variant of that.

Meanwhile, I got rid of my logo's transparency and it shows up. Ish. I want to get rid of that ugly white square and while the camo scheme looks cool as hell, I have no idea what happened.

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305138006716864/52FD8713441AF0E3B7894405260F40D0791CCB42/

Make sure you save it as either TGA, or PNG and then convert it to TGA. JPG doesn't support Alpha.

Make sure you save it as either TGA, or PNG and then convert it to TGA. JPG doesn't support Alpha.

They're PNGs before I turn them into PAAs.

So it'll go like this?

PNG > TGA > PAA

EDIT: Tried that, and got this.

Also, I'm working on vests. Still black, just with a flag.

EDIT: Pics!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305138009874876/397655A107A28606FCBA33ECD6176B5164511485/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305138009869055/F1AB50B7ABC0368AD92F6941DF540A611555E7C1/

Edited by TheEvanCat