Sign in to follow this  
theevancat

CSAT Modification Project

They're PNGs before I turn them into PAAs.

So it'll go like this?

PNG > TGA > PAA

EDIT: Tried that, and got this.

Also, I'm working on vests. Still black, just with a flag.

EDIT: Pics!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305138009874876/397655A107A28606FCBA33ECD6176B5164511485/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3282305138009869055/F1AB50B7ABC0368AD92F6941DF540A611555E7C1/

The way I do it is save it as a TGA the First time, then convert it to PAA. I don't touch PNG's for ArmA.

they look nice but the flags are way too bright.

I believe that these are dulled versions. I had the same issue before and I desaturated these. Not sure if it's just lighting or not.

What resolution is the logo? I had the same issue awhile back and it was due to the weird resolution not being a multiple of 4

What resolution is the logo? I had the same issue awhile back and it was due to the weird resolution not being a multiple of 4

300x300. That's 4 x 75...

300x300. That's 4 x 75...

Sorry I meant multiple of 8

Try something like 256x256 or 512x512

Sorry I meant multiple of 8

Try something like 256x256 or 512x512

Thanks, man. Works at 256x256.

Quick update for you guys: I'm leaving for a vacation for spring break '14 in about twenty minutes and so work will stop for ten days.

Quick update for you guys: I'm leaving for a vacation for spring break '14 in about twenty minutes and so work will stop for ten days.

Have a nice holidays!

I actually want to play CSAT now with that look!

The units look really good. But is there a way you can make their gear similar to what they already have? I like the back packs and gear but even though the black looks good, it's not practical in a regular environment. Especially since everything looks clean. If uniforms were dirty and the black was turned back to a earth color they would look like realistic regular army troops. Leaving the current units as spec op types like they look. Looks awesome though

The units look really good. But is there a way you can make their gear similar to what they already have? I like the back packs and gear but even though the black looks good, it's not practical in a regular environment. Especially since everything looks clean. If uniforms were dirty and the black was turned back to a earth color they would look like realistic regular army troops. Leaving the current units as spec op types like they look. Looks awesome though

All of this is still WIP and I had plans for dirt layers later. The cleanliness will be resolved when I can find time to redo the textures. I'm also going to desaturate the patches and make them grey as opposed to the brightness there is now.

However, your points about vest color has been noted - I have them black as a stylistic choice at the moment. Changing to tan would require me to do the boots, gloves, helmet rails, etc. as well. But if it seems like a thing to do I'll end up going through with it.

All of this is still WIP and I had plans for dirt layers later. The cleanliness will be resolved when I can find time to redo the textures. I'm also going to desaturate the patches and make them grey as opposed to the brightness there is now.

However, your points about vest color has been noted - I have them black as a stylistic choice at the moment. Changing to tan would require me to do the boots, gloves, helmet rails, etc. as well. But if it seems like a thing to do I'll end up going through with it.

i like the black idea better since the CSAT are as the campaign states "Better trained and newly equipped" so their gear wont be very worn

i like the black idea better since the CSAT are as the campaign states "Better trained and newly equipped" so their gear wont be very worn

Well, unless they've just stepped off the boat then they're going to be dirty. I mean, America has the most military spending in the world but our dudes still get dirty in a combat zone.

Well, unless they've just stepped off the boat then they're going to be dirty. I mean, America has the most military spending in the world but our dudes still get dirty in a combat zone.

well they kinda were in the campaign, they had been there for about 6 days

well they kinda were in the campaign, they had been there for about 6 days

In only one day of military exercise, I used to have all my clothes filled with sand, cuts, etc. ( even with an additional dark colour, my dry blood in it ).

Thanks for doing this! Looks very good judging from the pictures.

Thanks for doing this! Looks very good judging from the pictures.

Thanks, man. I'm back from vacation so you can expect some updates soon.

EDIT:

Here's a dulled flag variant (far soldier.) Tell me how you like it:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3278928434325447695/14AB8420523E4010FBF0770435460EDC6B26C93B/

And then assault bags. Just the caryalls left to do:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3278928434325739872/BEC8381C70CB003782DE13F3CDC4AB0D6C180195/

Edited by TheEvanCat

I like your uniforms - so I've got an idea floating in my head. If you're planning on making your uniforms a replacement pack (so every spawned OPFOR unit gets your uniforms instead of the regular ones, right?), you should consider creating a placeable module in the editor (or a variable for missionmakers) that offers the possibility to change the type of camo that's replacing the regular uniforms (so if I want desert camo instead of grassland as replacement, I put an "TEC_CMPModCamo = 2;" or something like that in my init.sqf, or select it in the corresponding module).

I like your uniforms - so I've got an idea floating in my head. If you're planning on making your uniforms a replacement pack (so every spawned OPFOR unit gets your uniforms instead of the regular ones, right?), you should consider creating a placeable module in the editor (or a variable for missionmakers) that offers the possibility to change the type of camo that's replacing the regular uniforms (so if I want desert camo instead of grassland as replacement, I put an "TEC_CMPModCamo = 2;" or something like that in my init.sqf, or select it in the corresponding module).

Sounds pretty good, mate. However, a replacement pack should be pretty far of and I need to figure out how to do that.

Sounds pretty good, mate. However, a replacement pack should be pretty far of and I need to figure out how to do that.

Write it down, keep it in mind. Maybe there'll be someone who knows how to do that, who's willing to help, once the time has come. :)

Write it down, keep it in mind. Maybe there'll be someone who knows how to do that, who's willing to help, once the time has come. :)

Well, OP has a roadmap. You can check it out for an idea of what may be going on.

Hey man, was making Snow units but decided to drop it. If you want here's the texture file I was going to use, using the Snow DPM colours I made for IAF

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/CSAT_snow_zps353cf669.png

Oh, thanks man. I'll take a look at them. I might do a bit of palette changing but other than that I may put it in.

Updates today with the completion of the carryall. Now I am basically onto configging units and an alpha may be released soon. Steam is doing maintenance so the screenshots aren't turning up, but so far we have the following units (each in three different flavors):

Ammo Bearer

Autorifleman

Combat Life Saver

Grenadier

Rifleman

Rifleman (AT)

Rifleman (Light)

Rifleman (Patrol)

The rest of the typical Men category is coming, with some extra units like the Rifleman (Patrol.) However, pilots and whatnot are going to be in a special Men (Aviation) category that'll come later along with what I want to be multicolored Skittles jerseys for ground crew. Crewmen for ground vehicles will go in Men. No ghillies for snipers, but I'll have two kinds of snipers - the sniper/spotter in ghillies and a sniper/spotter team with conventional BDUs. So basically the release may be soonish. The light at the end of the tunnel is approaching. Buckle up, kiddos.