Sign in to follow this  
theevancat

CSAT Modification Project

I think he means this mod: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24099

Personally if you make it standard-alone and not require lots of mods/addons that is a better approach.

Yeah. Anything I want to end up putting in is going to be in the one addon without other dependencies.

I've been thinking about asking for the new helmet from Sudden's Russians. I might go ahead and ask for permission to use it later today.

In content news, I'm mimicking urban (since I don't have a sample) by completely desaturating arid camo. I feel lazy doing it but it works

Did this a while ago, it maybe of some use to you. CSAT hexcam sample.

Did this a while ago, it maybe of some use to you. CSAT hexcam sample.

I've been using the one Antoine posted. Yours looks like the naval variant that's on the diving suits, so I could try and do some sort of Iranian Marine unit and crew boats with them.

So today's progress has been learning how to make factions and implementing them. So far, when selecting OPFOR you now will access my units through the "CSAT (Alternative)" faction instead of having them lumped into "CSAT" proper.

So today's progress has been learning how to make factions and implementing them. So far, when selecting OPFOR you now will access my units through the "CSAT (Alternative)" faction instead of having them lumped into "CSAT" proper.

That's cool!

Say, how do you guys like the idea of using the MATV (like in 2011) instead of the Ifrit? AFAIK the textures are still in the game.

http://roninsquad.com/wp-content/gallery/arma-3-07-06-11/43902.jpg

Better than the ifrit is IMO, maybe the Strider would give a bit more of variety, but if you don't want to retexture the strider, just go with the MTAV.

I can probably do some tests with both: I don't want CSAT to look too much like AAF. If I could, I'd try to find some sort of other vehicle (maybe a tricked-out Tigr), but once again I cannot model for the life of me. Even now I'm just asking permission for assets I want to use.

I think the M-ATV looks too American for a Middle Eastern coalition. The Ifrit fits quite fine with CSAT but I still reckon they need something more lighter or soft skin. Something like the UAZ, or that would probably be a bit too old. Along those lines anyway...

I can probably do some tests with both: I don't want CSAT to look too much like AAF. If I could, I'd try to find some sort of other vehicle (maybe a tricked-out Tigr), but once again I cannot model for the life of me. Even now I'm just asking permission for assets I want to use.

It looks way better than the Ifrit, or else maybe speak with the Swedish Mod to see if you are allowed to use some of their vehicles...

It looks way better than the Ifrit, or else maybe speak with the Swedish Mod to see if you are allowed to use some of their vehicles...

I'll see what I can do then. With any luck, I could have both a light vehicle and an MRAP (mirroring the KAMAZ and Tempest light and heavy trucks.)

Good luck will be looking forward to what you end up with...

Good news is that I managed to port the BAF helmet from A2 over with a minor change (put a battery pack on the back in case I want to power some bling-bling gizmos like GoPros) and it's working. Ish. Anyways, I named it the Penah Mk. I which means "shield" (or something close) in Farsi. I was going to name it Guardian but it sounded kind of weird when transliterated.

Pics of its not-working-ness:

DB39E9038075899C4627852CB9934225B524D79C

And the rationale for using the BAF helmet was that A: It looks cool and B: Artistic license. Please don't try to complain that it isn't realistic. I am not in that sort of mood.

And the rationale for using the BAF helmet was that A: It looks cool and B: Artistic license. Please don't try to complain that it isn't realistic. I am not in that sort of mood.

It's a good idea. You could even thinking of porting the Land Rovers as light vehicles for CSAT.

In fact the iranian army uses this jeep, so it's not even that far...

Good news is that I managed to port the BAF helmet from A2 over with a minor change (put a battery pack on the back in case I want to power some bling-bling gizmos like GoPros) and it's working. Ish. Anyways, I named it the Penah Mk. I which means "shield" (or something close) in Farsi. I was going to name it Guardian but it sounded kind of weird when transliterated.

Pics of its not-working-ness:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3280051887580375784/DB39E9038075899C4627852CB9934225B524D79C/

When It does start working could we discuss a version for my mod? :)

Edited by Nightmare515

Was it ported with any selections, e.g. "head"?

I was going to roll back and do a head and camo selection because in hindsight I realized that I hadn't done that.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

When It does start working could we discuss a version for my mod? :)

Oh, certainly. I'd be happy to.

Today's update! Enjoy.

- Penah is working with the head thanks to surpher (<3): all I need to do is unscrew the positioning and I'm all set for texturing.

- I made some hats instead of doing my English paper.

Boonies:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3280051887639292082/AA8214E851A4CF1C89A0E756ECE68E9706E09001/

Patrol caps:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3280051887639295946/45B471A1AD2EA9AB9D84866809FF4413F1D2705C/

- Still awaiting response about new MRAPs (thinking about granQ's RG32 from his Swedish pack.)

Today's update! Enjoy.

- Penah is working with the head thanks to surpher (<3): all I need to do is unscrew the positioning and I'm all set for texturing.

- I made some hats instead of doing my English paper.

- Still awaiting response about new MRAPs (thinking about granQ's RG32 from his Swedish pack.)

Is is only me or it really looks awesome the camo pattern with the new uniform cut? You're doing an awesome work.

BTW would be nice to have the svenska 4x4, but if its not possible maybe porting the UAZ from A2 would give also good results.