Sign in to follow this  
theevancat

CSAT Modification Project

YES!!!!!

So will this be available as a replacement pack or not yet?

YES!!!!!

So will this be available as a replacement pack or not yet?

Not at the start but once I get everything in (vehicles crewed by units and whatnot) I'll be able to make them.

Anyways, Carryall pictures:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3281180873656035503/F86EC6B3DF376B1163357A4DAD4443E6169C7408/

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3281180873656040907/4C886C1BB27F6F72B4C4B3B8D90335BFB97CCDD3/

I still reckon the Raven vests suit these troops better. A quick google search of 'Iran Troops' revealed soldiers marching down a main road wearing vests that looks very similar to the Raven vest. Plus the drop pouches are just unsuitable for such line infantry.

I still reckon the Raven vests suit these troops better. A quick google search of 'Iran Troops' revealed soldiers marching down a main road wearing vests that looks very similar to the Raven vest. Plus the drop pouches are just unsuitable for such line infantry.

Are drop pouches too bulky or something? I chose not to go with the Raven vest because I thought it looked too light for mainline troops: I might do the Recon units with them, however.

Are drop pouches too bulky or something? I chose not to go with the Raven vest because I thought it looked too light for mainline troops: I might do the Recon units with them, however.

Drop pouches are not a thing regular infantry use, instead special forces commonly use them. Quicker reload (take used mag out, drop into pouch) and sometimes handy to put other small things like water bottles, etc.

Do a quick google image search of 'Iran troops' and you'll see what Im talking about.

Drop pouches are not a thing regular infantry use, instead special forces commonly use them. Quicker reload (take used mag out, drop into pouch) and sometimes handy to put other small things like water bottles, etc.

Do a quick google image search of 'Iran troops' and you'll see what Im talking about.

Well drop pouches are standard issue can the marine corps, and it is in the future I could quite easily see them use some in the future as it is barely a special expensive bit of kit (bascally a bag with a bit of string on top would suffice)

Drop pouch or Dump pouch is standard issue for all FDF Conscripts aswel. If you meant its not common for iranian troops, I wouldn't know, but I know for most western countries, its pretty much a standard issue piece of equipment

However, this is also twenty years in the future and there is some artistic license taken. People can manufacture dump pouches in Iran, and even if they didn't they still have CSAT to give them stuff.

I really like the look of your work mate! These will be an excellent replacement for the alien CSAT troops.

Just one question - and this is a matter of preference really - but is there a chance you'll do the chest rigs/plate-carrier vests in at least one of the camo colours? To my mind it seems counterproductive having a nice camo pattern to blend the soldier into their surrounds, only to have him stand out again with a colour (in this case black) not even present in the camo pattern. I know real-world troops do this too, just a pet gripe of mine.

Cheers!

Chops

I really like the look of your work mate! These will be an excellent replacement for the alien CSAT troops.

Just one question - and this is a matter of preference really - but is there a chance you'll do the chest rigs/plate-carrier vests in at least one of the camo colours? To my mind it seems counterproductive having a nice camo pattern to blend the soldier into their surrounds, only to have him stand out again with a colour (in this case black) not even present in the camo pattern. I know real-world troops do this too, just a pet gripe of mine.

Cheers!

Chops

I personally like the single color vests instead of the camo vests, but I've been putting some thought into maybe putting in optional configs in the future with variants (i.e., different weapons and equipment and whatnot) and that could be it.

In related news, I think that I may be done with the alpha baseline. I'm doing one last test, so expect a release in like twenty minutes.

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Okay, guys, it's live. New thread is here and the mods are closing this one.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177257-The-CSAT-Modification-Project-%28Release%29&p=2682762#post2682762