sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

Compared to the screenshot above, it's definitely smaller ingame than in real life.

Where is soviet love conrades!? All I see is America!

You can't beat Russian flying tanks T-72 + T-80 FTW.

Some infantry requests for soviets, for VDV you can use TTSKO Airborne or normal TTSKO for camo and maybe have some wearing the airborne headgear (like russian tankers hats)

Also you should do some in just olive Afghanka!

It's too small. My version is bigger.

pp61_fov.jpg

What other mods do you have installed?

It's too small. My version is bigger.

http://acrofobia.ru/images/evw/pp61_fov.jpg

What other mods do you have installed?

Active mods: @CBA_A3, @JayArmA3Lib, @ACRE_3CB, @A3MP, @ALiVE, @CAF_AG, @XMedSys, @UK_SFTG_A3, @FA18_A3, @sthud_a3_alt, @Peral_A-10C, @RH_M4_A3, @GroupManager, @rds, @RDS_StaticW_CAG, @RAV_Lifter_A3, @evw, @rds_tank, @SAA, @TUP, @hafm_helis

SJ

Active mods: @CBA_A3, @JayArmA3Lib, @ACRE_3CB, @A3MP, @ALiVE, @CAF_AG, @XMedSys, @UK_SFTG_A3, @FA18_A3, @sthud_a3_alt, @Peral_A-10C, @RH_M4_A3, @GroupManager, @rds, @RDS_StaticW_CAG, @RAV_Lifter_A3, @evw, @rds_tank, @SAA, @TUP, @hafm_helis

SJ

^^

If I even were a commerical game developer, I couldn't find the time to check all of this mods for compatibility. Sorry.

The only thing I can say is that some mod that you load after mine seems to change FOV parameters in OpticView class of MainTurret class. Hope this helps. :-)

Sudden, as far as I can recall we didnt see the Bradley in Europe until around 90, which I left there in 90. It was new and starting to filter out to units, but we still had 113 in our units when I left in August of that year. I somehow managed to get the 11m tag on my DD214 which is the MOS for Bradley crew operator lol, I have never seen the inside of one until a year ago at an airshow.

Shotguns were quite rare in use for us, but we did have maybe 5 in our company arms room, all pump savages. The item I would love to see is the 90mm recoiless gun, the current AT weapon I have never used thats in the mod, the main AT we used was the 90mm, Dragon, AT-4 and M72 Law, naturally we had the TOW but it was allways vehicle mounted.

M2 was seldom used on the Hummv, 99% of the time the M60 was used. Now our M35a2 trucks about 1/8th of the had a ring mount over the passenger side and a M2 50 cal. Lots of fun to shoot, as it would rock the truck sideways a lil. The main ground use of the M2 was a low tripod, and a twin 50 setup with them spaced about 2 feet apart and an Anti aircraft circle reticle for aiming.

M9 we never saw one while i was in Europe, we used only the M1911a1 and as said before we used the M16a2 but our M16/M203 were M16a1 based which gave them full auto not 3 shot burst mode only. the A2 was safe, semi, 3 shot burst. A1 was safe, semi, full auto. Modern fire control packs can now shoot safe, semi, 3 shot burst, and full auto. Often refered to as a 4 position selector.

The Jeep (sitting in mine at work now) was abandon in 1986 in Europe (Berlin) and the Hummv replaced it. However if you are aiming for that time frame, almost all were unarmed, some were retro for the MP with the M60 also scouts used those. Have seen the 90mm recoiless and a 105mm recoiless mounted but those are rare,

Look into the 90mm recoiless, I will get some links up and post when I get time.

---------- Post added at 06:05 ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 ----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M67_recoilless_rifle

wiki page on the 90mm recoiless we always just called it the 90. Look close at the anti personel canister, commonly refered to as the flechette rounds. it fired a big ass handfull of finned nails which would clear the streets in no time. It was our most common used round for that weapon platform in Berlin, though we did use the regular HE rounds.

Great work, is nostalgic.

I will love to see a map like Grenada and recreate the Urgent Fury.

How do I use these units with ALiVE. I see you have created a configuration for them but what do I do with it? Do I need to depbo them and add the configuration to it? I am a bit stuck.

Cheers

SD

Sort of a small and overlooked item when it comes to uniforms on troops. On US troops in garrison, training, and combat, the outer shirt BDU shirt, the top button is never fastened, ever. In fact most often in combat environments the shirt sometimes gets removed due to overheating, with all the gear carried and its extra weight, and adrenaline pumping it doesnt take long to fatigue a soldier. In colder enviornments the uniforms tended to vary for us in the cold war days. We had available equipment such as field jacket, arctic parka, and gloves/arctic mittens. One item we wore often was a custom piece called a "Graf Jacket" which was a rain jacket which was OD Green, and we would get the tailor shop to sew in a poncho liner for insulation. It far exceded the use of even the Parka. So we used them when we had them.

Great facts that could be used as suggestions for the mod, Beefalo. Look forward to seeing this mod expanded!

Am I the only one who's reading BeefaloBart's posts like a book. :-))) It's very interesting!

May I suggest the TTsKO camo family for the Russian soldiers?

http://camopedia.org/images/6/66/Ussr13.jpg (118 kB)

More about soviet camos in Camopedia.

Why not? :-)

How do I use these units with ALiVE. I see you have created a configuration for them but what do I do with it? Do I need to depbo them and add the configuration to it? I am a bit stuck.

Cheers

SD

No, just create a new config and pack it to a separate pbo. This would be enough.

Beefalo Bart's comments are indeed very informative. I hope he has more to say.

Sudden, really keen to get the East V West rocking on Everon 2014 with ALiVE.

Any chance you will be integrating the configs to allow us to do that ?

Would be really cool to go Retro !

SJ

No, just create a new config and pack it to a separate pbo. This would be enough.

Thanks for the reply, but how do I create a new config file? do I just copy your script and rename it config.bin? or do I need to use the ARMA 3 tools to convert it? how do I then get it into a new PBO?

Sorry to be such a dullard but unless Im shown how to do it how will I know :)

Cheers

SD

Don't forget to do basic soldiers in M69 Khaki!

b]

That uniform is crucial for a 69-83 era Soviet Soldier, it was the main uniform used by most soviet troops until TTSKO/Afghanka

Edited by Kaxii

Even with a small package, with 4-5 units per side, and 2 vehicles, this is one of my favorite, yes, my favorite mods of all time, because i used to play OFP so much, this with the Everon 2014 map can do magic, nostalgia and fun combined is everything this mod is. I love to see more units like Spetsnaz, more weapons like AK47SU, Shilka, M1A1 etc etc. Good job so far! Excelent work!

Don't forget to do basic soldiers in M69 Khaki!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/19/Soldiers_of_the_Tamanskaya_Division.JPEG/423px-Soldiers_of_the_Tamanskaya_Division.JPEG

That uniform is crucial for a 69-83 era Soviet Soldier, it was the main uniform used by most soviet troops until TTSKO.

+1

Need those khaki uniforms to recreate battles in Afghanistan 80´s.

Sudden, really keen to get the East V West rocking on Everon 2014 with ALiVE.

Any chance you will be integrating the configs to allow us to do that ?

Would be really cool to go Retro !

SJ

+1 :pray:

You can add the t-55,t-72,zsu-23 silka and bmp-1&2 to the Soviet side?http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24959 There are plans for the creation of tanks crew?You can make East vs West mod compatible with the NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz weapon pack? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21912

Thanks!

Edited by LDU30

I would really like to use this mod, but somehow 'sud_gw_wpn.pbo' removes the scopes from my snipers, so they are pretty useless.

Is it something in the configs, or am I missing something?