sudden

East vs West (OFP inspired mod)

Sudden a one question http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9767 & http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11987 you can work on these models and adapt them to your fantastic mod?:j: And Soviet troops with khaki uniform (dessert) for inspired operations in afghanistan 80´s? would be epic.

tumblr_mxviniXdWc1rcoy9ro1_500.jpg

Edited by LDU30

Moi!

And if he asks permission to RHS:confused:?

Näkemiin!

Sudden a one question http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9767 & http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11987 you can work on these models and adapt them to your fantastic mod?:j: And Soviet troops with khaki uniform (dessert) for inspired operations in afghanistan 80´s? would be epic.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/c4f09866a42841dcad212d948a823b0c/tumblr_mxviniXdWc1rcoy9ro1_500.jpg

The desert part is planned, but after the wdl part is finished. :-)))

I do not own the game myself, but a friend of mine was a loader on an M1A1 and he bought the game, he told me it was probably the closest to reality outside of military only simulations that he knew of. It definitely is a hardcore game compared to A3.

As far as the T-72B goes, from what little info I have I would guess that on a well sloped surface (i.e. front hull on T-72B) Kontakt-5 probably will increase the armor thickness vs. KE by roughly 50%. Armor vs. HEAT thickness will likely double. This is a very very rough estimate though.

Apparently after the collapse of the U.S.S.R the yanks got their hands on some T-72B's with Kontakt-5 and found that the SABOT M829A1 Round wouldn't even penetrate the front. But i think the T-72B was called the T-72BV which was fitted with Kontakt-1 ERA, and the Kontakt-5 ERA wasn't introduced until 1989 and it was then called the T-72BM. (Just a note Kontakt-5 was introduced in 1985 on the T-80U only i'm pretty sure.)

---------- Post added at 08:40 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

The desert part is planned, but after the wdl part is finished. :-)))

Don't overload yourself with too much work mate lol.

I do not own the game myself, but a friend of mine was a loader on an M1A1 and he bought the game, he told me it was probably the closest to reality outside of military only simulations that he knew of. It definitely is a hardcore game compared to A3.

As far as the T-72B goes, from what little info I have I would guess that on a well sloped surface (i.e. front hull on T-72B) Kontakt-5 probably will increase the armor thickness vs. KE by roughly 50%. Armor vs. HEAT thickness will likely double. This is a very very rough estimate though.

Yes, Vanila Arma3 is not hardcore in any sense. :-)))

Kontakt-5 increases vs. KE armour up to 1.8 times. It was installed on T-72B since 1989 and was effective against new (at the moment) US М829A1 APFSDS rounds which made them to introduce M829A2.

But in mid 80-th there should be mostly Kontakt-1 which is effective only versus KA, but should hold the M829 APFSDS.

Not sure if this can be fully implemented in Arma3 though, basicly because the vehicle receives damage even when armour is not penetrated at all.

Edited by sudden

I want to download this addon/mod but whenever i download it I get an image similar to the one of C&C world builder. And also, i can't figure out how to open 7z and rar files. I'm a windows 8 user. If anyone can help me that would be great!

@afg use winrar-http://www.win-rar.com/download.html to open 7z and rar files,and use the armaholic link to download it.

sudden;had some great fun with that latest update,cant wait to see more ;) also ive read and tested it out with those tanks and against each other they pretty tough but puth them against any of the A3 tanks they lose every time. but great job so far and it will only get better i pressume. good job!

Yes, Vanila Arma3 is not hardcore in any sense. :-)))

Kontakt-5 increases vs. KE armour up to 1.8 times. It was installed on T-72B since 1989 and was effective against new (at the moment) US М829A1 APFSDS rounds which made them to introduce M829A2.

But in mid 80-th there should be mostly Kontakt-1 which is effective only versus KA, but should hold the M829 APFSDS.

Not sure if this can be fully implemented in Arma3 though, basicly because the vehicle receives damage even when armour is not penetrated at all.

I stand corrected. :P

It is true that the vehicle will take some damage on initial impact regardless of armor, but this effect can be reduced considerably by increasing the vehicles ArmorStructural value to at least 1000. As I said before, Olds who created the Real Armor Mod will have a lot more knowledge of A3 damage handling than I do. I do know that he will be updating his mod in the near future to contain pre-defined materials for modelers to use. I would imagine this would include composites and Special Armors, but I think there is still some time to go before ERA will be implemented.

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

I want to download this addon/mod but whenever i download it I get an image similar to the one of C&C world builder. And also, i can't figure out how to open 7z and rar files. I'm a windows 8 user. If anyone can help me that would be great!

Do you have 7Zip or WinPBO installed? I would also recommend you google or search in the forums for how to solve your problem, it's hardly new and there should be plenty of info for you to learn yourself.

But i think the T-72B was called the T-72BV which was fitted with Kontakt-1 ERA, and the Kontakt-5 ERA wasn't introduced until 1989 and it was then called the T-72BM.

Wrong. The suffix "V" was only added to tanks that were not esigned with ERA installation mind, so for example T-64B with Kontakt-1 becomes T-64BV, T-80B with Kontakt-1 becomes T-80BV. However T-72B from the very beggining was designed with ERA in mind, so when T-72B received Kontakt-1 or Kontakt-5 was still designated as T-72B.

T-72BM (or T-72B(M)) is a non existing designation, the T-72B with Kontakt-5 is just T-72B or T-72B Model 1989/Model 1990. And there are additional variants of the T-72B.

T-72B1 is a simplified cheaper model which does not have 9K120 guiding system for 9M119 ATGM fired from the gun barrel.

T-72B2 is the most advanced variant developed within the program codenamed "Rogatka", it was never fielded due to costs, it was during development also known as T-72BM but this designation code was abandoned in favor of T-72B2.

T-72B3 is currently a most modern variant in service of the Russian Federation Armed Forces. It does not have all the goodies T-72B2 had, but received newer thermal sight Sosna-U.

T-72BA is a designation code for a refurbished T-72B's.

I think this will be a great addition to the mod, just needs some touch-up engine sounds ...

UQA22vD.png[/img]

It would be possible to make EvW weapons compatible with JSRS 1.5 soundmod for Arma 2? (All in Arma Standalone).

greetings

Edited by LDU30

Thanks all for the feedback!

Use 7zip free archiver to open the mod's archive.

It is true that the vehicle will take some damage on initial impact regardless of armor, but this effect can be reduced considerably by increasing the vehicles ArmorStructural value to at least 1000. As I said before, Olds who created the Real Armor Mod will have a lot more knowledge of A3 damage handling than I do. I do know that he will be updating his mod in the near future to contain pre-defined materials for modelers to use. I would imagine this would include composites and Special Armors, but I think there is still some time to go before ERA will be implemented.

I have read Olds post with damage handling description and found some wrong statements there.

Much more information can be found in the VBS Wiki

Shortly there's one hitpoint that is named HitHull that can blow the vehicle when it's damage value comes to 1. Other hitpoints are HitEngine (disables the engine), HitTrackL, HitTrackR (diable tracks). If you hide the HitHull hitpoints under the armour, you seem to get the result, but... as I said earlier, vehicle gets damage even when the armour is not penetrated and when global vehicle's damage comes to 1 vehicle also blows. If you increase the armorStructural parameter which is a divider to global vehicle hitpoints, you just decrease the global damage that comes with each hit (you can increase vehicle's armor parameter and get the same result). Both of this will make the AI unable to destroy the vehicle, because they aim at one point in the center of a vehicle. How do you describe to AI that it should never fire to the front armour of an Abrams tank? :-))) Also there's still no way to kill an armoured vehicle's driver because driver's proxy doesn't show in FireGeometry LOD. Believe me, I've played with it a lot and there're lot's of problems that can't be solved without using scripts. But if you use scripts, you get another bunch of problems. Of course, we all want as close to real life simulation as possible, but I stick to the plan where the game is still fun to play. :-)))

I think this will be a great addition to the mod, just needs some touch-up engine sounds ...

You should post this in the RHS thread and ask them when will they release their mod! At the moment it looks very exciting. :-))))

You should post this in the RHS thread and ask them when will they release their mod! At the moment it looks very exciting. :-))))

It's gonna be released before the end of october, they will include the BTR60, BTR70 ( the one of the screen but improved ), and different BTR80; among dozens of other assets.

They are doing an outstanding job too. It's gonna be a really hard competition. I just hope BI jury will give a second and third prize in the Total Modification Mod section. IMO both RHS and your mod deserve recognition :)

LDU30 check this: RHS Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Edited by MistyRonin

I have read Olds post with damage handling description and found some wrong statements there.

Much more information can be found in the VBS Wiki

Shortly there's one hitpoint that is named HitHull that can blow the vehicle when it's damage value comes to 1. Other hitpoints are HitEngine (disables the engine), HitTrackL, HitTrackR (diable tracks). If you hide the HitHull hitpoints under the armour, you seem to get the result, but... as I said earlier, vehicle gets damage even when the armour is not penetrated and when global vehicle's damage comes to 1 vehicle also blows. If you increase the armorStructural parameter which is a divider to global vehicle hitpoints, you just decrease the global damage that comes with each hit (you can increase vehicle's armor parameter and get the same result). Both of this will make the AI unable to destroy the vehicle, because they aim at one point in the center of a vehicle. How do you describe to AI that it should never fire to the front armour of an Abrams tank? :-))) Also there's still no way to kill an armoured vehicle's driver because driver's proxy doesn't show in FireGeometry LOD. Believe me, I've played with it a lot and there're lot's of problems that can't be solved without using scripts. But if you use scripts, you get another bunch of problems. Of course, we all want as close to real life simulation as possible, but I stick to the plan where the game is still fun to play. :-)))

Thank you for the info, I have never seen that page before, a lot of things make more sense now for sure!

Sudden I've looked at the Western Soldier and it's the NATO Steel Helmet cover Green that is off...I've posted up a screen capture.

644948_md-BDU%27s.jpg

It's almost as if the pallette of colours is different between the Helmet Woodland BDU and the Woodland BDU's.

350px-BDUs-forest.jpg

It's just one of those niggly things that is annoying in 3rd person and looks weird when you play with fellow US/NATO Soldiers

Sudden I've looked at the Western Soldier and it's the NATO Steel Helmet cover Green that is off...I've posted up a screen capture.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/9/5/644948_md-BDU%27s.jpg

It's almost as if the pallette of colours is different between the Helmet Woodland BDU and the Woodland BDU's.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/BDUs-forest.jpg/350px-BDUs-forest.jpg

It's just one of those niggly things that is annoying in 3rd person and looks weird when you play with fellow US/NATO Soldiers

Can hardly tell the difference man, i'd say this wouldn't be a priority fix lol

It does make a difference, if you are going for accuracy and even having hand-cranked turret animations, getting the colours right in a set of uniform is much more immersive than say how the turret gunner cranks his turret, because 99% of the time you won't see that. Whereas you will see infantry alot.

Both the greens on the helmet are different shades to the Green on the Uniform. I would say this is a priority fix, because this is a fundamental game asset, integral to EvW ?

if you are going for accuracy and even having hand-cranked turret animations, getting the colours right in a set of uniform is much more immersive than say how the turret gunner cranks his turret, because 99% of the time you won't see that. Whereas you will see infantry alot.

Priority? Accuracy? You have no idea of what you are talking.

For one side the different gradations of woodland on an uniform are the most normal thing in an army. Or do you thing that all the soldiers receive the new uniforms at the same time, use them the same number of times, pass the same amount of hours under the sun, wash them with the same soap and the same number of times...?

When I was a professional soldier, the veterans used to wear worn uniforms just to show "their experience", some times were almost white.

We were taught to keep one of the uniforms they gave us without use for "representative" stuff, meaning parades, press or VIP visits. Probably those were the only instances when most of the uniforms had a similar gradation besides the academy.

The fact of having a different gradation for the helmet was also quite usual, as we only used the helmet maybe once a week or so, so obviously they kept a more vivid color than the uniforms that were used daily.

Concluding for a better accuracy Sudden should add more gradations not less! or do you thing that the Army is like in the movies, wears everyone wear new and colorful uniforms that never get worn...

In fact not even new uniforms have exactly the same gradation, as the pattern is randomized to a certain degree to improve the camouflage effect; so the colors in some brand new uniforms may seem slightly lighter than others.

Grenada-invasion.jpg

In this case are the helmets that are more worn than the uniforms, that probably are new due to PR.

us-army2.jpg

Same here:

http://vko.va.ngb.army.mil/virginiaguard/history/historyphotos/1992-2001%20Co%20C%203-116th%20Bosnia.jpg (1100 kB)

Check the general's uniform and compare it with the colonel:

101222_holbrooke_bosnia_ap_605.jpg

Finally in this last image, besides being a VIP event, you can see more than 5 or 6 gradations:

http://www.stripes.com/polopoly_fs/1.176223.1336024927!/image/726219517.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_804/726219517.jpg (246 kB)

Edited by MistyRonin
correcting the autocorrector...

Love this but also can't get these groups to work in Alive -

SUD_USSR and SUD_NATO

I noticed a small typo when dropping groups in the editor that rather than saying Infantry it is mispelled Ifantry, don't know if maybe thats the cause

Love this but also can't get these groups to work in Alive -

I noticed a small typo when dropping groups in the editor that rather than saying Infantry it is mispelled Ifantry, don't know if maybe thats the cause

!!! Thanks a lot! I would search for that forever. :-)))

Next release will be compatible with Alive and JRRS.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

About the NATO camo colours, I'll try to change that, but don't forget that the colour of trees, bushes and grass in Arma3 is also different from real life. Camo must hide the soldier, that's the first priority.

You can see the desired effect on the picture.

evshot10.jpg