Hey guys!

heres a little update on the Trex Model and Animation...enjoy

An update:

Just to maintain the pressure...

;)

Dino hunting season is coming ;D

Amazing work !! Keep it up !!!

@Wiki that's a very nice trailer you found...I didn't know they were working on a new movie on Jurassic Park !!

coool will you guys implement the male Raptor from JP 3?

euhm.... yes if you mean the raptors with the feathers on the heads.... they wern't acctually male raptors... they where a diffrent species related to the raptor if i remember correct they where called Omniraptors (memory is a bit vague there)

but yea after the part where they transformed to me male aswel (wich acctually happens in JP1) they will still look the same as the other one's only for the "bult" between the legs ;)

Is there any release date of an alpha version of the Trex ?

No release date, just as it's not permitted to ask for one as forum rule (you're new so I think there's no problems this time). When it will be ready, it will be ready.

euhm.... yes if you mean the raptors with the feathers on the heads.... they wern't acctually male raptors... they where a diffrent species related to the raptor if i remember correct they where called Omniraptors (memory is a bit vague there)

Utahraptor :cool:

Edited by Malcom86

T Rex can be act like Rator?

I meam like arma3 raptors like u guys already made.

They seek for victim and keep tracking if victim try to run.

And if they see something move and act real fast.

Trex will be have some kinda acting value like raptor?

For the ex, when we are not moving then Trex cant detect us and looking for somewhere else.

Is it too hard for arma3 AI?

T Rex can be act like Rator?

I meam like arma3 raptors like u guys already made.

They seek for victim and keep tracking if victim try to run.

And if they see something move and act real fast.

Trex will be have some kinda acting value like raptor?

For the ex, when we are not moving then Trex cant detect us and looking for somewhere else.

Is it too hard for arma3 AI?

It would be pretty outstanding !!! :D If possible, I quote for such a thing !!

And thanks for the update of Raptor pack ;)

I have had so much fun with this mod. Me and my friends have played some epic missions using these raptors!! What good work. We are all VERY excited and anxiously waiting for the addition of the T-Rex. I know you can't say anything specific, but would you please have some sort of estimate, or at least update towards a timeline for the T-Rex implementation so the community can know what to expect?

Also, just want to add that perhaps it is just me, but for those having issues with raptors not moving and standing still in the missions they make, Raptors placed from the 2D editor do not function well at least for me, only if spawned with ZUES or spawned via scripts or trigger after the mission has started does the AI behavior seem to engage. Again thanks again for such a great mod and hopefully we can hear about your team with some updates soon!!

Very nice mod, it reminds me a lot of the Jurrasic Park mod for OFP.

Are you planning on making footstep sounds for the T-rex? I'd imagine (like in the movies) they would make noise when walking, the earth shaking a bit when someone is close. Not to mention it would make things scarier from a distance.

Hmn, I think the footstep sounds are a bit overdone for film-scare effect.. I personally tend to believe that a full grown T. Rex was an ambush-predator, letting it's own younger offspring drive prey towards his/her ambush spot.

So... Basically put: When you'll even hear the footsteps, and a terryfing roar, it'll be too late! :D But then there's this Rex-sound. Straight forward attack, would be nice to see that duplicated into A3 usage:

The memories of this scene.. Dang! As a kid in the loud-boxes sounding cinema, this specific scene made me ran straight to the watercloset, hiding there for atleast half an hour.... :D:D

Hmn' date=' I think the footstep sounds are a bit overdone for film-scare effect.. I personally tend to believe that a full grown T. Rex was an ambush-predator, letting it's own younger offspring drive prey towards his/her ambush spot.

So... Basically put: When you'll even hear the footsteps, and a terryfing roar, it'll be too late! :D But then there's this Rex-sound. Straight forward attack, would be nice to see that duplicated into A3 usage: [url']

[/url]

The memories of this scene.. Dang! As a kid in the loud-boxes sounding cinema, this specific scene made me ran straight to the watercloset, hiding there for atleast half an hour.... :D:D

You're right, it is probably for the biggest part a scare-effect. And maybe they didn't make any noise at all when they were around. I just thought the taller/bigger the creature, the more sound it would probably make. Still, somekind of scare effect would be nice.

What would intrigue me far more than just the T-Rex vs human situation in ArmA 3, are the T. Rex vs Raptor situations. I have no clue about ancient history in that regard, if they even met at all. I'd imagine healthy raptors being far too fast for a T-Rex to be able to catch in normal situations, and I doubt a T. Rex would hunt them or vice versa? In the movie they did fight, by coincidence, but I guess such a thing was not very realistic. After all, they are both predators, and why would two different predators fight each other, unless they are after the same prey. Which leads me to another question, will we see herbivores too eventually?

Maybe someone knows a bit more about this?

Edited by Georilla

You're right, it is probably for the biggest part a scare-effect. And maybe they didn't make any noise at all when they were around. I just thought the taller/bigger the creature, the more sound it would probably make. Still, somekind of scare effect would be nice.

What would intrigue me far more than just the T-Rex vs human situation in ArmA 3, are the T. Rex vs Raptor situations. I have no clue about ancient history in that regard, if they even met at all. I'd imagine healthy raptors being far too fast for a T-Rex to be able to catch in normal situations, and I doubt a T. Rex would hunt them or vice versa? In the movie they did fight, by coincidence, but I guess such a thing was not very realistic. After all, they are both predators, and why would two different predators fight each other, unless they are after the same prey. Which leads me to another question, will we see herbivores too eventually?

Maybe someone knows a bit more about this?

Speaking of the sound of T-Rex walking, recently I was messing around with artillery and when I heard it firing in the distance it made me think of the sound of the T-Rex stomping in Jurassic Park. It sounded so good (with DragonFyre installed) and so much like a T-Rex approaching, I wanted to find a puddle of water to see if there were ripples each time I heard it.

The thumping sound should definitely be implemented for a T-Rex walking. Perhaps if the Rex is hunting it could be more silent as suggested above but when it is just prowling around unaware of the presence of players or charging prey I would love to be able to hear a loud thump for each step.

I would suggest against limiting aspects and leaving out some awesome stuff to be 'realistic'. Lets be honest, no one knows for certain how dinosaurs behaved anyway.

I can't wait for the T-REX! With it and raptors I could already make some dino crisis stuff.

Can we expect a T-rex anytime soon or if there is one out can I get a link?

I too would be curious to know more about this mod, as having a T-Rex would be awesome !! Old missions with only raptors are getting boring...

Any news ? :)

this mod is discontinued. i was going to make a patch of the current stuff but got frustrated with all the engine and config problems.

i'm working on some generic hostile AI routines though and it's likely that i will make an expansion patch that will not touch this addon but instead require it to use some assets from it to make super light weight raptors. so they will be agents instead of units and also configged differently. so old missions will most likely not benefit. sorry but that is the only way i can see myself working on this at all.

hopefully i can improve performacne that way and also solve some problems that are caused by how we initially set up the config. we went with using as much as we could from human units to have features like free look and stuff for the player raptors (those will be untouched). so we used the entire human animation config which is total overkill for simple monsters and caused a lot of problems we tried to combat with script hacks.

hopefully i can bypass all that bullshit and make some very simple well performing (relatively) raptors. we'll see.

don't expect a t-rex though. no idea about ruppert but i won't even try to make that happen. i made a new t-rex model back when we were working on it. if someone is interested i can share the model. it's only a mesh though. no rigging or anything done on it.

• Like 3