The text you quoted has the answer.

kk thx

Let me take the time to thank you for your work wist this mod

it makes a world of difference to the game, so thanks

For best experience, install the mod on server and all clients connecting to it, headless or not.

After some tests, i think this sentence could be completed with :

"ASR_AI has to be installed on server and clients if you want the settings panel to work."

If you don't want it client-side (in the case of a team that plays mostly against AI handled by the dedicated server itself and without headless), it could be possible to run ASR_AI client-side only when you want to tweak settings.

"ASR_AI has to be installed on server and clients if you want the settings panel to work."

If you don't want it client-side (in the case of a team that plays mostly against AI handled by the dedicated server itself and without headless), it could be possible to run ASR_AI client-side only when you want to tweak settings.

You're right, will update info to reflect current requirements. Thanks.

F.A.Q entries should now have enough info about that.

Glad someone figured it out lol. So as I understand it I need to run ASR on server and my machine, log in as admin in game and change/save server ASR settings via CBA panel then i can go back to not running ASR client side and the server settings will be as I set them forever.

Bit of a hacky way to do it, but if it works it works. Thats just how arma is sometimes i guess.

How do i get the control panel on dedi servers?

The text you quoted has the answer.

Problem

on the dedicated server asr is not working

we have done many tests and it's the same with and without the mod

we are using the default .cfg as recommended

if we set filepatching to on then asr works great using the default .cfg but as soon as we turn off filepatching it does not work

we have to have filepatching off because if we put it on then the server starts messing up, things like it will not load the next mission in apex and/or the in game voices go deep and slow down

is there a way using the default asr.cfg on a dedi server with filepatching set to off, to get this working ?

Problem

on the dedicated server asr is not working

we have done many tests and it's the same with and without the mod

we are using the default .cfg as recommended

if we set filepatching to on then asr works great using the default .cfg but as soon as we turn off filepatching it does not work

we have to have filepatching off because if we put it on then the server starts messing up, things like it will not load the next mission in apex and/or the in game voices go deep and slow down

is there a way using the default asr.cfg on a dedi server with filepatching set to off, to get this working ?

The mod works with either filepatching on or off. Only difference is with it off is that if you change the settings in userconfig they will be ignored, defaults being used instead.

You can test if mod is working by enabling debug in settings then checking the server RPT.

The mod works with either filepatching on or off. Only difference is with it off is that if you change the settings in userconfig they will be ignored, defaults being used instead.

You can test if mod is working by enabling debug in settings then checking the server RPT.

It doednt seem to work with fp off but i will try as you say thanks

one other problem ive traced to asr

on a dedi server running apex missions it will not move to the next mission, it ether stops and stays blank for a long time or just reloads the same misiion

this is with fp on or off

im 100% it's asr because all is okay when i remove the @asr from the servers command line

can i send you any info on this ? what info would you need

thanks for your info

RPT from server and client might help

RPT from server and client might help

will do thanks

it only seems to stop apex loading not other missions

this maybe because apex missions are part of the arma 3 server install while the missions that work with asr are custom from the servers mp folder

Robalo - am i right in assuming that asr_ai3_main_rearm = 0;  will disable the rearm feature?

Also if you could explain "asr_ai3_main_loudrange" in detail that would be appreciated.

Can confirm removing the     //    in the Arma 3\userconfig\asr_ai3\  asr_ai3_settings_ss file on the dedicated servers userconfig, is a simple & easy way to lock the settings on a dedicated server. AI behaving as they were in previous versions re taking cover etc. An easy way to check is; if the NV goggles being worn disappear during daylight after the mission starts.

asr_ai3_main_setskills         = 1;        // Override AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.; 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled)
asr_ai3_main_joinlast         = 0;        // Groups left with only this number of units will merge with nearest group of the same faction (set to 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_removegimps    = 300;        // Units unable to walk for this time will separate from their group to prevent slowing it down (time in seconds, set 0 to disable)
asr_ai3_main_rearm          = 40;        // Enable basic AI rearming (resupply radius in meters; set to 0 to disable feature)
asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 400;        // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)

We turned off, set to 0 the "Groups left with only this number of units will merge with nearest group of the same faction (set to 0 to disable)" as missions with single AI units, sentries for example, or AI's in pairs would run off to join the nearest Squad as soon as the mission started.

As stated if ASR is run client side & Server side with CBA you, (Admin) can turn that on or off for each mission, rather than the above. All a matter of choice.  :)

Also if you could explain "asr_ai3_main_loudrange" in detail that would be appreciated.

And "asr_ai3_main_radiorange" too? Is it measured in meters?

And "asr_ai3_main_radiorange" too? Is it measured in meters?

Yes, it is.

Will this mod work with the RHS without extra addons?

Will this mod work with the RHS without extra addons?

For the most part, yes. It will not generate any conflicts. You will be missing the tweaks to how the AI uses their weapons, basically.

I need a user manual  :unsure:

If I load this mod and copy the config file, will it take affect all do I need to adjust that cofig file?

In file I see asr_ai3_main_sets and asr_ai3_main_levels_units.

Do I need to put the config names of all of the AI units into asr_ai3_main_levels_units to specific array position so that it will use settings in asr_ai3_main_sets? What if I don't fill this array? What is the affect then?

What does asr_ai3_main_factions exactly doing? Just simple coefficient for minimum skill values?

So as an example if I have 

asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [
[], // 0:  super-AI (only used for testing)
["TestConfigNAME"], // 1:  sf 1
[], // 2:  sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
[], // 3:  regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
[], // 4:  regular 2 (regulars)
[], // 5:  militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
[], // 6:  civilians with some military training (insurgents)
[], // 7:  civilians without military training
[], // 8:  pilot 1 (regular)
[], // 9:  pilot 2 (insurgent)
[] // 10: sniper 
];

then all units which belongs to TestConfigNAME will become special force 1 with "general",[0.90,0.1], "aiming",[0.40,0.25], "spotting",[0.40,0.1]

And in case this TestConfigNAME belongs to faction XXX which has coefficient 0.5 (btw decimal seperator is . or , ?) then it will be   "general",[0.45,0.1], "aiming",[0.20,0.25], "spotting",[0.20,0.1]?
Coefficient alters the random value as welll? :rolleyes:

1. If you ask me, you don't need to edit any settings.

2. Read the comments in the userconfig file.

3. Units are classified in configs into 11 skill levels using the asr_ai_level property in cfgVehicles. This can be extended into as many levels as needed.

4. asr_ai3_main_levels_units allows one to override the skill level classification done via config (asr_ai_level).

5. When calculating skill value for a unit, the mod selects values from asr_ai3_main_sets corresponding to the unit's skill level and calculates each skill using formula: (minValue + random (variance)) * factionCoef

Hi Robalo. I was wondering if maybe I could get some advice.

Ok so ASR AI3 is one of my absolute favorite mods. I really can't play without it. One of the best features to me is how the AI (in my case, the enemy AI) will call in for reinforcements when they have radios in their inventory. This is amazing because it makes battles very unpredictable and you need to be super aware at all times. I love it.

Though lately, I'm feeling like when I make contact, most of the time it becomes an enemy onslaught of wave after wave and I feel like every enemy on the map is being called to the position of the battle. Which in itself is becoming predictable but also really really hard for me (I'm not a particularly good player).

Is there anything I can do that DOESN'T require me to make user config changes to better handle this on my end? Right now it's turning a vanilla fight that would last all of 5-10 minutes into a straight up, no exaggeration, hour long battles. This is one of the things that can happen that I appreciate most about the mod, but lately it feels like it's happening every single time and I'm curious if there's anything I can do on my end to strategically keep the enemy from always getting reinforced (most of my missions rely on clearing, securing and advancing).

Could you talk a bit about how the system works? Do they call every single teammate on the map with a radio or only those within a certain radius? Do you have any advice for how a player can make quick work of a squad without them always getting reinforced (is there a timer before they call for help, or do I always need to stealth with silencers, etc)?

Any advice would be helpful and thanks for the great mod.

Ok so ASR AI3 is one of my absolute favorite mods. I really can't play without it. One of the best features to me is how the AI (in my case, the enemy AI) will call in for reinforcements when they have radios in their inventory. This is amazing because it makes battles very unpredictable and you need to be super aware at all times. I love it.

Though lately, I'm feeling like when I make contact, most of the time it becomes an enemy onslaught of wave after wave and I feel like every enemy on the map is being called to the position of the battle. Which in itself is becoming predictable but also really really hard for me (I'm not a particularly good player).

Is there anything I can do that DOESN'T require me to make user config changes to better handle this on my end? Right now it's turning a vanilla fight that would last all of 5-10 minutes into a straight up, no exaggeration, hour long battles. This is one of the things that can happen that I appreciate most about the mod, but lately it feels like it's happening every single time and I'm curious if there's anything I can do on my end to strategically keep the enemy from always getting reinforced (most of my missions rely on clearing, securing and advancing).

Could you talk a bit about how the system works? Do they call every single teammate on the map with a radio or only those within a certain radius? Do you have any advice for how a player can make quick work of a squad without them always getting reinforced (is there a timer before they call for help, or do I always need to stealth with silencers, etc)?

There is a radius. Go to settings/game/configure addons/asr ai and you can edit that radius.

• Like 1

There is a radius. Go to settings/game/configure addons/asr ai and you can edit that radius.

What if I'm playing online/MP? I'm trying to avoid using anything other than the default settings.

Is there a way to enable brains for helicopter pilots and gunners? More often then not, they just hover with their back turned to the enemy and just get shot at. Helos with fixed weapons, like AH-9, also have a lot troubles setting up attack runs, often just slowly hovering in front of the enemy getting shot at.

Would it be possible to fix this? If not in ASR AI then maybe someone knows any other mods with would do so?

There is no reinforcements call in this mod. There's the inter-groups info sharing feature but it does not work like what you're describing there.

Here's a pic with the relevant settings:

dPEftdy.png

How does this work:

When a group detects an enemy and has sufficient info about it, it's leader starts sending knowledge about that enemy to all other friendly groups in range (configurable, default is 600 meters). This only happens if group has a radio.

The transmission does not happen instantly but with a delay, configurable as highlighted in the settings picture above. So by default it takes 5 to 15 seconds for the leader, who acts for this purpose as a radioman, to notify near groups about the perceived threat. If during this time the leader dies, the transmission will not go through. It may still happen after this interval, under the same rules. New group leader will retry the transmission.

When you initiate contact, have everyone hold fire, assign targets, then give the order to open fire simultaneously on all enemies in sight. This is valid for both SP and Coop. If that's not possible, try to figure out which one is the leader and take him out first.

• Like 1

Is there a way to enable brains for helicopter pilots and gunners? More often then not, they just hover with their back turned to the enemy and just get shot at. Helos with fixed weapons, like AH-9, also have a lot troubles setting up attack runs, often just slowly hovering in front of the enemy getting shot at.

Would it be possible to fix this? If not in ASR AI then maybe someone knows any other mods with would do so?

I also wish AI pilots of the planes and helicopters were working properly....

• Like 1