1. Check if your server allows it (have the bikey instaled on server ?)

2. Check if you installed it correctly (have CBA activated and the userconfig files in place)

3. Check RPT for errors, client and server, post them so I can have a look if you still did not fix it at this point

1. Check if your server allows it (have the bikey instaled on server ?)

2. Check if you installed it correctly (have CBA activated and the userconfig files in place)

3. Check RPT for errors, client and server, post them so I can have a look if you still did not fix it at this point

1. Yepp. Its in the mod line and the "asrai3.bikey" is in the "keys" Folder on the server.

2. ASR 3 is in the right folder, also CBA is (latest version), unserconfig is in the userconfig folder. QUESTION: Does it need to be like this ".../userconfig/asr_ai3_settings.hpp" or like this ".../userconfig/asr_ai3/asr_ai3_settings.hpp"? (Right now I have it in both folders!) Found it out by myself ^^ But why has the folder to be named "asr_ai3@asr_ai3" o.O

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.hpp not found.

WTF?

3. I have a bunch of errors but those are mostly mission related. I'll give you the error log. (JUst need to make them quick!)

Server-RPT

Client-RPT

Edited by Moon_chilD

anyone else got problems with asr_ai3 and servers?

Like server Running ASR_AI3 wont start without error msg?

Edit: we Found our issue ....

@CAF_AG_1.5 (with sound hotfix) some how will not work with ASR_AI3 on server

I did, ended up loading ASR_AI3 right after CBA_A3 and before CAF_AG_1.5 in the command line, works for me now

Edited by MjolnirAnSionnach

[/s]

WTF?

You need to have a Userconfig folder in your ARMA 3 root folder, that has a the asr_ai3 folder, with the asr_ai3 config hpp.....

@Moon_chilD

The userconfig directory is correctly packed inside the archive, follow install instructions and you keep that structure.

Your client RPT contains a ton of errors, I'm surprised anything is working with all that. Provided you have the mods correctly installed, I suggest you reduce the number of mods and try again. Repeat until you figure out the conflict.

Okay, I'm going to test it with our 7 (+ ASR AI3) standard mods later. Yesterdays testing went the same. The Server just don't start up.

EDIT: It seems that a new installation of Play withSix helped it. I'm using the same repository as before, but now everything is working fine!

(If something happens I let you know)

EDIT 2: Does everybody need that mod or is it enough that it is running on the server?

OT: Funnily enough my game works fine xD

Edited by Moon_chilD

If your mission has all the AI spawned by the server (true for most missions) then yes you only need @ASR_AI loaded on the server. For other missions that (for example) use ALiVE mod or Zeus then you will want all players to also be running @ASR_AI as in both situations AI can be spawned by the player's machine instead of the server.

For other missions that (for example) use ALiVE mod or Zeus then you will want all players to also be running @ASR_AI as in both situations AI can be spawned by the player's machine instead of the server.

Just to make this a bit clearer - ALiVE AI will only spawn on clients of this has been set in the modules (e.g. the CQB module defaults AI to JIP clients). For ASR_AI to work with ALiVE you have to make sure you set AI to spawn on the server and not on clients (otherwise all clients will need to run ASR_AI aswell).

It is a domination mission that spawns redom AI in Cities! So its spawned via script and not via mods. ^^ But the AI is spawned during the mission...they are not placed in the editor!

Yes.... but are they spawned on the server... or on Clients ?

What does the script say ?

If it's server then you only need it on the server. If it's Client based then yes, you will need all players to run it...

SJ

Actually I don't know. How can I tell?

The problem is, that there is a ton of scripts ^^

It's easy, if you're not sure, just run the mod everywhere (server and clients). It's best when the client configs match server configs anyway.

Yeah we tested it a hour ago. Worked pretty flawless and I have to say:

Awesome mod. That really pimps up my mission!

In regards to my earlier comments about asr not working to adjust skills when the Zeus spawned ai on dedicated, the problem was fixed by making sure none of the Zeus modules placed in editor allow Zeus to adjust skills on AI. Seems that irregardless what what the debug puts on the RPT, Zeus overwrites it again afterwards whether you adjust it or not. Works 100% now, thanks!

if the AI are spawned on clients and all clients have to run the mod, which asr_settings.hpp is used? everyones or just the server? what if they don't match?

Any advice on running a headless client with ASR AI?

Thanks

Its said somewhere (I think even in the .hpp itself) The server one is used!

I just want to thank you for this awesome piece of work Robalo. I never want to play without it anymore =)

if the AI are spawned on clients and all clients have to run the mod, which asr_settings.hpp is used? everyones or just the server? what if they don't match?

Any advice on running a headless client with ASR AI?

Thanks

Most scripted features are running server-side only and apply to client AI too. Only the server hpp matters in this case.

But there are also a few features which run where AI is local (the ones triggered from the danger.fsm):

- sharing target info with nearby groups

- reacting to danger

So all settings under class sysdanger are taken from the local userconfig hpp.

Settings under sysaiskill are server-side.

Note that besides scripted features, the mod also contains custom configs for AI weapon dispersion, rate of fire, engagement ranges, sensitivity etc.

For a complete experience, whenever AI is used on a client computer, the mod should also be installed there, to make use of those configs.

There's nothing special to be done for HC, install/activate the mod as you'd do on any client.

Edited by Robalo

Howdy, having a bit of an issue. Whenever I run the mod, it works fine singleplayer, but as soon as I try to launch an "internet" host session, as soon as I click "okay" to launch it, the game crashes with no error messages. Without the mod, it works fine, so something is going wrong with the mod and I'm at wits end trying to figure out what the issue is. Any ideas or ways i can help you figure out what it might be?

Howdy, having a bit of an issue. Whenever I run the mod, it works fine singleplayer, but as soon as I try to launch an "internet" host session, as soon as I click "okay" to launch it, the game crashes with no error messages. Without the mod, it works fine, so something is going wrong with the mod and I'm at wits end trying to figure out what the issue is. Any ideas or ways i can help you figure out what it might be?

Have a look at your RPT file after it crashes, there might be some info in there. Have you tried hosting a different mission ?

Have a look at your RPT file after it crashes, there might be some info in there. Have you tried hosting a different mission ?

Apologies, I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to indepth stuff. RPT file? Also, I can't host a mission. As soon as I boot the server it crashes. I don't have the chance to pick a map/mission.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Been trying fixes all night. The mod folder, userconfig and keys folder are all placed correctly, and the server boots up on LAN. But it just won't let me run internet servers.

Apologies, I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to indepth stuff. RPT file? Also, I can't host a mission. As soon as I boot the server it crashes. I don't have the chance to pick a map/mission.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

Been trying fixes all night. The mod folder, userconfig and keys folder are all placed correctly, and the server boots up on LAN. But it just won't let me run internet servers.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files

Run the mission, let the game crash, then upload the file so people can take a look and tell you what's wrong.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Crash_Files

Run the mission, let the game crash, then upload the file so people can take a look and tell you what's wrong.

That's the issue. I can't. The crash happens as soon as I set up a server name and password, then click okay. If I set it up on LAN, or singleplayer, no crash occurs. If I wanted to go multiplayer to test the crash, then it would crash before I even saw the map/mission selection screen.

That's the issue. I can't. The crash happens as soon as I set up a server name and password, then click okay. If I set it up on LAN, or singleplayer, no crash occurs. If I wanted to go multiplayer to test the crash, then it would crash before I even saw the map/mission selection screen.

I can't reproduce it. Regardless of when the crash occurs, did you check the RPT ?

I can't reproduce it. Regardless of when the crash occurs, did you check the RPT ?

I don't know how to.