batto

Ukraine General

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1356,title,Rosja-wyslala-do-wladz-Litwy-note-dyplomatyczna-ws-broni-dla-Ukrainy,wid,17297755,wiadomosc.html?ticaid=1146b7

Russia sends protest note to Lithuania because Lithuania cooperated with Ukraine in military issues

Come on, who can buy that kind of "fascism" arguments ? That's plain ridiculous IMHO. Some people have no clue of what fascism was, or is. Who are the extreme rightists European movements fighting for or defending ? The pro Russian side. Period.

exactly - fascism is cult of leader connected with nationalism, what does it remind ?

Minsk agreement, one point says:

• Restore full control over the state border by Ukrainian government in the whole conflict zone, which has to start on the first day after the local election and end after the full political regulation (local elections in particular districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts based on the law of Ukraine and Constitutional reform) by the end of 2015, on the condition of fulfilment of Point 11 – in consultations and in agreement with representatives of particular districts of Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts within the framework of the Trilateral Contact Group. source for Minsk Agreement

Arseniy Yatsenyuk today:

Yatsenyuk: No Donbas elections before Ukraine regains control over region

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/yatsenyuk-no-donbas-elections-before-ukraine-regains-control-over-region-382119.html

Ukraine receives already lethal weapons

The National Security Council acknowledge the receipt of Ukraine lethal weapons from foreign countries, said Deputy Secretary of the National Security and Defense Oleg Gladkovsky, according to " Ukrainian News ".

112.ua

Edited by oxmox

Report from Debaltseve

Civilians are happy that it is over for now. Rebels openly admit that they are receiving stuff from Russia.

Come on, who can buy that kind of "fascism" arguments ? That's plain ridiculous IMHO. Some people have no clue of what fascism was, or is. Who are the extreme rightists European movements fighting for or defending ? The pro Russian side. Period.

What makes you think that some of the volunteer battalions don't have fascist or neo-nazi ideals? I'm not saying that they do (and I'm certainly not saying the separatists don't) but what makes you so sure?

What makes you think that some of the volunteer battalions don't have fascist or neo-nazi ideals? I'm not saying that they do (and I'm certainly not saying the separatists don't) but what makes you so sure?

Nothing, we know that there are some Ukrainian neo nazis among them, but saying that those batallions are fascist movements that shouldn't receive weapons is extremely caricatural, considering that most of far right "tourists" from Russia or Europe are on the other side. About historical fascism, when you look at Russia today, you may feel that it looks like Italy in the 30's.

The problem is that Russia's propaganda pretends that all the Ukrainian government is fascist backed by fascists western countries, and use it to warm up the russian public opinion, using obvious lies. The overthrown of Ianukovitch was legit, the current government is legit, and the "Fascist volunteer" are certainly a reality but not the extent of what the russian propaganda would like you to believe. As we say in French: "to kill your dog, pretend is infected with rabbies."

Considering that the East Ukrainian unrest was stimulated by Russian Nationalists and Orthodox church, this is were Fascist mindset is well anchored in Russian speaking population (as in south ossetia and abkhazia, transnistria). And the great Kadyrov in Chechnia, who hates ISIS only because they were the first to have the idea to crucify children? Should I also add that Putin is financially Backing Ultra-right scumbags in EU? French FN, Belgian NVA, Orban in Hungaria etc... with the intent to de-unite europe?

Truth is that in 12 months Ukraine demonstrated more democracy than Russia in centuries. Russia was the last country in Europe to get rid of Soviet dictatorship, and russian people did barely nothing to free themselves, when virtually all european countries under Russian influence overthrown somehow their soviet backed governments (Poland, Tchecoslovakia, East Germany, Roumania...).

China backs Russia

Chinese diplomat tells West to consider Russia's security concerns over Ukraine

Western powers should take into consideration Russia's legitimate security concerns over Ukraine, a top Chinese diplomat has said in an unusually frank and open display of support for Moscow's position in the crisis.

He said the "nature and root cause" of the crisis was the "game" between Russia and Western powers, including the United States and the European Union.

External intervention by different powers accelerated the crisis and warned that Moscow would feel it was being treated unfairly if the West did not change its approach.

Qu said Washington's involvement in Ukraine could "become a distraction in its foreign policy".

"The United States is unwilling to see its presence in any part of the world being weakened, but the fact is its resources are limited, and it will be to some extent hard work to sustain its influence in external affairs, " Qu was quoted as saying.

His comments were an unusually public show of understanding from China for the Russian position. China and Russia see eye-to-eye on many international diplomatic issues but Beijing has generally not been so willing to back Russia over Ukraine.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/27/us-china-ukraine-idUSKBN0LV0H120150227

Edited by oxmox

Ukraine unofficially has 272 percent inflation

Ukraine's currency has fallen 70 percent since the start of 2014, and that's pushed it into hyperinflation.

Ukraine-Currency1.jpg

Inflation is officially 28.5 percent, but, according to Johns Hopkins professor Steve Hanke, it's really more like 272 percent. And that's only going to get worse as long as Ukraine's currency does.

In any case, this tells us that Ukraine's annual inflation is already 272 percent, and, even worse, is picking up speed. Indeed, its monthly inflation rate is 64.5 percent—which translates to 39,000 percent inflation over a year—more than enough to qualify it for "hyperinflation" status.

It's hard to overstate how challenged Ukraine is. Its economy has actually shrunk since communism ended in 1991. Or since 1992. Or even 1993. That's because communism never really did end. Ukraine just traded party bosses for oligarchs.

The IMF estimates that Ukraine's underground—and non-tax-paying—economy is as much as 50 percent of GDP.

It's not just that Ukraine has lost the factories in the rebel-held east that make up a quarter of its industrial capacity. It's that it can't afford to fight a war against what is still its biggest trading partner—Russia.

The only way for Ukraine to pay its bills is to dip into its reserves. But those have dwindled down to $6.42 billion, only enough for a little more than a month of imports.

In short, Ukraine doesn't have any foreign currency and doesn't have the ability to earn any more. And that means there's nothing left to support the value of its currency, the hryvnia—so it doesn't have much anymore.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/03/01/ukraine-unofficially-has-272-percent-inflation/

http://www.newsweek.pl/g/i.aspx/720/0/newsweek/635606527508997014.jpg (110 kB)

Tour of duty. That Asian looking dude from Crimea, now in Debaltseve

Reminds me the story of Kyoungjon Yang, this Korean soldier who fought across Eurasian continent from Mandchuria to Normandy, during the Whole WWII.

This one seems a very proud patriot born and raised in Western Russia Eastern Ukraine.

This one seems a very proud patriot born and raised in Western Russia Eastern Ukraine.

* Cross out if not applicable ;)

Racially insensitive? What are you talking about? I can't pinpoint the origin of this man by looking at the face Uygur, Turkmen, Kyrgyz or Buryat. Russia is huge country with many Asian ethnicities.

I saw the video I good quality and I'm sure this is the same man, although I can't find it again because it was described and titled in Russian + it drowned among reddit's discussions about Ukraine. Nevertheless this not a huge surprise, because many of Crimean "enthusiasts" moved for more work to Donbas.

Racially insensitive? What are you talking about? I can't pinpoint the origin of this man by looking at the face Uygur, Turkmen, Kyrgyz or Buryat. Russia is huge country with many Asian ethnicities.

I saw the video I good quality and I'm sure this is the same man, although I can't find it again because it was described and titled in Russian + it drowned among reddit's discussions about Ukraine. Nevertheless this not a huge surprise, because many of Crimean "enthusiasts" moved for more work to Donbas.

My post looks more serious than it actually is. The racial insensitive part was a play on the "all you Asians look the same to me" line. The second image is blurry, that's why I was asking.

My post looks more serious than it actually is. The racial insensitive part was a play on the "all you Asians look the same to me" line. The second image is blurry, that's why I was asking.

It's the same guy, if anything the racial comments are coming from you. You don't need a PHD in Cultural Studies to tell if someone's identical or not.

It's the same guy, if anything the racial comments are coming from you. You don't need a PHD in Cultural Studies to tell if someone's identical or not.

Calm down. Maio is known for his irony. I pretty sure he wasn't calling him racist.

DPR Kalmius batallion folks inspect abandoned UA positions near Debaltsevo. Some arty pieces and stocks of ammo are shown.

( The Guardian ) Boris Nemtsov murder: Ukrainian girlfriend flies to Kiev from Russia

The Ukrainian girlfriend of murdered opposition leader Boris Nemtsov, who is the only known witness to his killing on Friday night, has reportedly flown to Kiev after being held for questioning by authorities in Moscow.

Ukrainian foreign ministry spokesman Yevgeny Perebiinis said Anna Duritskaya had flown to Kiev after the Ukrainian embassy in Russia “provided all the necessary assistance for her return to her home country,†Interfax news agency reported.

Duritskaya, a 23-year-old model who said she had known Nemtsov for about three years, told the independent channel TV Rain on Monday that she was being held under police guard in a friend’s apartment in Moscow and not being allowed to move around freely.

She said she had been questioned by the investigative committee for three days and had not been told why she was being held or for how long.

“I’ve told them everything possible, and I don’t know why I am still on Russian territory, as I want to go back to my mum, who is ill and … in a very difficult psychological state,†Duritskaya said.

Although numerous surveillance cameras have been photographed in the area of the shooting, only inconclusive footage from a local television channel’s distant camera has been published. In that video, a snow-removal truck passes in front of what appears to be the couple at the exact time of the murder.

The federal protection service, which is in charge of guarding the Kremlin, said on Monday that its cameras had not captured the killing. But blogger Mitya Aleshkovsky published a photograph he took of a Kremlin security camera shortly after the tragedy occurred, which he said showed the camera was “pointed directly at the place of the murderâ€.

Interview with Russian tank soldier burned in Ukraine (graphic, Russian)

- Were you going for training?

— We were told, we were going for training. But we knew the real destination. I was ready, morally and psychologically, that I was going to Ukraine.

We colored our tanks in Ulan-Ude. Right on top of the train. Colored the numbers, the division emblem. Uniform insignia was taken off too, as soon as we arrived. Everything was taken off to hide the true identity. Passport was left back at the barracks, military ticket left in the training facilities.

We had all sorts of experienced guys. Some with over a year in military contract, others already 20 years. They told us: don't listen to the command, we're going to kill Ukrainians (hohols). Even if we go through training, they'll send us to Ukraine anyway.

The worst part - this soldier, with no face, no arms, says he doesn't 'mind' Putin. Once again, Russian society shows itself as completely apathetic to what goes on within the country.

Edited by Sub-Human