Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

Funny thing, I've just discovered something. I was on a 12 km trip back to the boat with the body, when I came across another boat, a vehicle which location i had purchased earlier. I thought WTH, let's spend a couple of minutes and give it a try. Lo and behold, it worked. Any boat will do, not just the one I came on :). I was like 100% sure I had to go back to the old boat. Good job, you gave us an extra option to play the mission.

Nice! It also makes perfect sense from the more realistic point of view, as any boat can get you back home. =)

Funny thing, I've just discovered something. I was on a 12 km trip back to the boat with the body, when I came across another boat, a vehicle which location i had purchased earlier. I thought WTH, let's spend a couple of minutes and give it a try. Lo and behold, it worked. Any boat will do, not just the one I came on :). I was like 100% sure I had to go back to the old boat. Good job, you gave us an extra option to play the mission.

Nice! It also makes perfect sense from the more realistic point of view, as any boat can get you back home. =)

Something else you may not know about boats and the body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwLlHqcuqCQ

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwLlHqcuqCQ

I've also discovered something, well, not so much discovered as "had a facepalm moment", and after hundreds of hours in the scenario to my deepest shame... I usually start without a map for this disorientation moment... Well, one day, looking at the boat, I thought "why do I have to trek to the nearest village and hope for road signs to find where I am, maybe I can use this very boat to get to the closest coastal village" :). This boat in my head was like a shrine, my LZ and my extraction point that should never ever be used for anything else :).

One more thing for my "to do" I see - direct body loading should take Alex to the closest boat, not the original one. 

• Like 1

One more thing for my "to do" I see

Also the tracking seems to go wrong on occasions. I frequently get messages such as was passing by Dorida tavelling at 235 degrees at 3000km/h and will probably be 66000 km away by now. Can everyone go to Athanos (or some other extreme of the map). The next message can then be deadly accurate to my position. (Although it will take them time to get back to Dorida from Athanos).

:D Hm, all right, thanks for reporting. It will be investigated. 

One thing I've been noticing since the last couple of BI updates and don't recall it happening before is:

Buy abandoned vehicle which turns out to be the boat you spawn at.

Well, makes sense. For whoever sold data about this boat on ADM, it's just yet another empty vehicle, but it's not intended, if it happens, will be corrected, I think. 

Well, makes sense. For whoever sold data about this boat on ADM, it's just yet another empty vehicle, but it's not intended, if it happens, will be corrected, I think. 

Or the player just got robbed by someone on the internet. Quick call Payal to cancel the transaction :).

And some idea/request.

I'm looking for some stylish picture as a title ornament for the first post. I could google something or try to GIMP some screenshot, but... Is there any Pilgrimage fan with some decent cartoonist/illustrator/artist skill that would like to help me with this and create something? Nothing biggie, something easy/quick to made. For example something like pencil/charcoal scetch or whatever you like. Something, that would grasp a spirit of Pilgrimage. If so, please, PM me. If there will be any propositions, I'll like (pure arbitrary judgement by my taste), I'll choose the best and I could add participating authors of these fine pictures to Pilgrimage credits (which will be expanded anyway).

Hey Ryd

Here is some art I found that might be quite suitable. I especially like

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/god-bless-our-troops-dan-nance.html

and this one

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/tip-of-the-spear-dan-nance.html

With Gimp you might be able to tweak it to suit what you have in mind.

Hey Ryd

Here is some art I found that might be quite suitable. I especially like

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/god-bless-our-troops-dan-nance.html

and this one

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/tip-of-the-spear-dan-nance.html

With Gimp you might be able to tweak it to suit what you have in mind.

GIs paratrooping into yet another sovereign country is the farthest away from the "spirit of Pilgrimage" as could ever be.

• Like 1

GIs paratrooping into yet another sovereign country is the farthest away from the "spirit of Pilgrimage" as could ever be.

Actually, this feature was implemented in one of the earlier versions.

Well, thanks, but I'm looking for something created particularly for Pilgrimage. It's not about US paratroopers, it's about a man looking for his borther's body on the island, that... etc. Mostly I'm after an illustration of what's most moving and what's the point here, what's most important, making Pilgrimage, what it is - for picture creator of course, not necessarily about the facts, it may be about catching the mood of lonely, desperate search in the vast warzone against overwhelming odds. That sort of thing. 

Had my shortest Pilgrimage mission ever on Tanoa last night. I was actually dead before the mission had finished loading. Some pesky CSAT on the beach.

Here is a screencapture taken from the previous mission. Having arrived at the boat, I was prevented from getting into it by a Marid and squad of infantry just down the coast.

1FE75272B6EB851B233BDF6684759008492F628F

Also the tracking seems to go wrong on occasions. I frequently get messages such as was passing by Dorida tavelling at 235 degrees at 3000km/h and will probably be 66000 km away by now. Can everyone go to Athanos (or some other extreme of the map). The next message can then be deadly accurate to my position. (Although it will take them time to get back to Dorida from Athanos).

Here is an example. Sometimes the speed is shown as 0, so it may whatever function provides the speed that is playing  up. Sometimes it works perfectly. 

F898465E8D0D78EF7D2A2A5580F26727FE232D66

If nothing will appear, sooner or later I'll indeed GIMP some sceenshot making it stylish and stuff (like I did with currently used painting-like "chapel on the hill" picture, which isn't bad, it tells some stuff between the lines), but someone's well done handwork is preffered. The above shows several important elements of the mission together (rare catch!) but isn't self-explanatory enough, it's not telling much about Pilgrimage spirit to those, who don't know it already. What I'm after is basically catchy "visit card" of the mission - cohesive, well composed, stylish, elegant, informative as for mission feel/type of gameplay/mood. Something more illustrative, than a logo, but in this direction. Those earlier pics of paratroopers was cohesive in this way, sadly offtopic besides that.

And yes, I'm picky here. :) 

Rydygier (anyone)

We were playing Apex Protocol as COOP (multiplayer) last weekend and when one of the two of us died, we were allowed after 30 seconds to spawn at various locations including the other players position (with originally spawned gear). Point being, couldn't this type of spawn be set up possibly for Pilgrimage but only spawn on the other player?

I know this might be a pain in your ass but it looks to me like it would be possible. If I had a clue how to do it I would.

Well, respawn used in Pigrimage coop is basically same makeshift, I used in coop 1.86wip. And, as I read, it doesn't work as expected sometimes. There's obvious need of something better thought. Maybe also using established hideouts as potential respawn points instead of respawning at the very gun of you previous killer, but this time you're naked and armless... :) What you propose is most likely doable in Pilgrimage and maybe even not so complex to do. As for mP scripting specificty I'm still pretty much a newbie though, so it will take some time to famiiarize. When I get time to start with it seriously anyway.  

• Like 1

This mission looks great. I'm curious how the usage of faction/weapon mods works. If say I have a couple faction mods in, will it only spawn units for OPFOR and IND from the mods or a mix of all factions available to the side? Are all faction and weapon mods compatible?

Im not a big fan of the futuristic/experimental style of vanilla Arma 3 and would prefer a more current styled setting.

Used algorithm takes at random everything, it finds in the config, that passes the filters. So playing with new factions mod you'll get a mix of vanilla and modded groups of AI. Similar for weapons/items mod and loot boxes. Or vehicles mod and empty vehicles across the map. Only some groups are predetermined to be specific vanilla gropus/units (hidden camps, checkpoints, strongholds...). 

To have, say, only modded factions in game, you need a mod being not an addon, adding new stuff on the top of vanilla, but a mod, that replaces models and gear of vanilla unit classes with custom stuff. 

Okay, not too big of a deal. With All the Weapons mod, it really helps get rid of some of the futuristic stuff by swapping out any vanilla weapon with an appropriate weapon from mods (OPFOR uses weapons from your OPFOR factions, etc.) So basically with Pilgimage, the more unit/vehicle/weapon mods you have installed the more variety you will come across in the game?

So basically with Pilgimage, the more unit/vehicle/weapon mods you have installed the more variety you will come across in the game?

Yep.

• Like 1

This mission looks great. I'm curious how the usage of faction/weapon mods works. If say I have a couple faction mods in, will it only spawn units for OPFOR and IND from the mods or a mix of all factions available to the side? Are all faction and weapon mods compatible?

Im not a big fan of the futuristic/experimental style of vanilla Arma 3 and would prefer a more current styled setting.

Actually, I'm working on a version with RHS mod in Pilgrimage Chernarus; for now, it is in test phase. RHS  is very diversified in units and vehicles, even more than vanilla ArmA3. 

My thought is to use only the RHS units and vehicles, but I think I need help to do this (something like to disable vanilla  units), we will see...

• Like 1