Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

I've found the previous Chernarus version very difficult to play on Very Hard, until you find a GPS

Well, I think this is the purpose of "very hard"  setting, to be very hard... ;)

Pilgrimage-Lingor with CAF Aggressors, thinking I'd see some rebels in the jungle, but like 99% of patrols and Low Ambient Warfare enemies were bugmen and AAF.

This was also my motivation to make a version with RHS, and now their presence is 99.99%, yesterday I saw one officer CSAT (maybe was visiting) at an airport in Altis full of Russian units (I was amazed by his inhospitable presence) ...

I tried once, "CAF Aggressors" and I have not even seen any unit, it's probably something with class names; It is not hard to add new units, but in order not to change the atmosphere of the original "Pilgrimage", those units need to be more diverse in terms of equipment, weapons, vehicles, groups and so to be able to equip garrisons, checkpoints, and so on ..

I tried once, "CAF Aggressors" and I have not even seen any unit, it's probably something with class names;

Well, Pilgrimage uses mostly configured goups. Maybe CAF doesn't configure own groups or does it in a way, that makes Pilgrimage sift them off/ommit? 

yesterday I saw one officer CSAT (maybe was visiting) at an airport in Altis

:) Perhaps check code creating strongholds and airfield, officer's (warlord) class is set separatelly IIRC, so it may need manual change there. Look for such two lines:

_unit = _gp createUnit ["O_officer_F", _posS, [], 0, "NONE"];

in the JR_fnc.sqf

Yes, thank you, I already found, but if he is the warlord fits somehow.. :)  I'll replace it if I find something equivalent. 

What level or what do I need to activate more story of Pilgrimage?

I never get to meet the other family members (uncle? father?)

Nor do I get to a level to have other companions besides my mate at the start of mission.

Cheers

Father is RIP. As for the rest - there's body of your brother and there are two his companions held captive, one per each of two strongholds, you may hire for 10000 as additional team mates. That's all, unless you count deadly THING, that killed your brother at his attempt of neutralizing it. Rest of the characters are purely virtual, present only in the phone conversations. Also - there's no levels, unless you count reputation/fame, which affect mostly, how civilians (chance, the'll help you... or help hostiles) and hostiles (chance, they'll actively hunt you down) treat you. Main storyline is simplistic really: find the body, bring it to the boat. 

Father is RIP. As for the rest - there's body of your brother and there are two his companions held captive, one per each of two strongholds, you may hire for 10000 as additional team mates. That's all, unless you count deadly THING, that killed your brother at his attempt of neutralizing it. Rest of the characters are purely virtual, present only in the phone conversations. Also - there's no levels, unless you count reputation/fame, which affect mostly, how civilians (chance, the'll help you... or help hostiles) and hostiles (chance, they'll actively hunt you down) treat you. Main storyline is simplistic really: find the body, bring it to the boat. 

OK. I see.

What are the strongholds? 

Are they bases or camps?

I cannot find them.

Strongholds are usually located on high elevation areas in Altis (but no always). Typically you will see the high green tower guard buildings (but no always). It will be protected by mounted HMG's and GMG's and one or two armored vehicles. This is also where you will find the hostage that you can hire for 10000ff if he isn't killed while taking the stronghold.

• Like 1

Yes, if you encounter lots of everything out of a big city, near some significant compound, it's likely either a stronghold or active airfield (beware mine fields around it). One of the phone calls includes rough list of all possible coordinates, where strongholds and airfields may be located, but only four of them, randomly chosen each play, are used - 2 strongolds and two airfields. 

This was also my motivation to make a version with RHS, and now their presence is 99.99%, yesterday I saw one officer CSAT (maybe was visiting) at an airport in Altis full of Russian units (I was amazed by his inhospitable presence) ...

Good job on this, I've "liberated" half the map and have only seen RHS units so far. I am getting a vanilla weapon here and there in building loot but that doesn't matter, that's just foreign contraband. I too have had a Saddam surrender to me at the NW airport, or some radio messages go "<russian name> - <persian name> is not answering", but that doesn't break the atmosphere.

BTW, I don't know how hard that would be but... In every playthrough I always start alone for the difficult few minutes at the beginning, then go around airfields and large bases looking for strongholds for the more difficult fights and to get teammates. But I usually find one or none before I find the body. I wonder if it's possible without spending hours and days to make it so that all of the strongholds are enabled at the same time on one map?

OK. I see.

What are the strongholds? 

Are they bases or camps?

I cannot find them.

This mission is a "new, unpredictable, and learning experience every time you play.

This mission is a "new, unpredictable, and learning experience every time you play.

I've played it so many times that I can predict with 100% certainty that I will find 0-1 stronghold per playthrough unless I go through every coordinate. I can also predict that only 1 Saddam in 3 will have a teammate nearby, or that the airfield in Lingor will never have one. I would like the option to have more determinism some time.

CRWGSc.jpg

SP and MP Pilgrimage "Tanoa Edition" 

Updated 24/09/2016  FIX for V1.22  current version is now V1.22a

Changelog:

V1.22a release 24/09/2016 (fix) 

-Fix Update for V1.22 to V1.22a

-scripting error fix for "addaction" menu in MP version

-"Attach Chemlight" functionality  added

player can now attach a chemlight to his shoulder (if at least one chemlight in inventory )

chemlight can be removed (then spent and lost as fired )

lifespan approx 900 seconds

chemlight automatically fixed to Vehicle when player gets in

chemlight automatically fixed to shoulder when player gets out

V1.22 release 23/09/2016

- New Options on Starting menu (SP and MP)

-Blackout option is now a specific choice in the menu (no more dependency with difficulty level)

default is ON, can be set to OFF

-Incognito Mod by Rydygier is now INCLUED into Pilgrimage as an option

(so @RYD_INCOGNITO is no longer needed if you want to play with Incognito functions)

also specific choice in the Start menu , default is ON, can be set to OFF

-MP version is now WIP5 standard with new BIS_Respawn menu

-still on test

(BIS debug for some errors in next 1.64 update)

- Tanoa Camps upgraded for a better gameplay

-Modmap now shows added military bases and camps on the default map.

main structures are visible on map,

some are not ( like tents, sand bag bunkers ect...)

-Reworked script for AI garrison spawn

random occupation of a percentage of those added camps by AIs (OPFOR and/or Bandits)

this adds AI units in the jungle randomly around and in camps locations

those occuped camps may appear now as "intel about enemy presence"

or specificaly as "there is a camp in this aera" with specific marker

when interrogating/asking/searching for intel with civilians/prisonners/intel holders

-Updated Pilgrimage Guide menu in Diary about all new specification in Tanoa Edition

- some corrections in scripts

V1.2 :  release 9/9/2016

- Improved and checked list of "holyplaces"; 

some were missing, now 40 places to search.

- Difficulty levels " Hard", "Very Hard", "Insane" will now put Tanoa Archipelado in full black-out at night.

all lights on the island (99%) are switched off.

Date setted for full moon night. for SP and MP versions

-"Holster weapon"  

now for SP and MP versions in default Pilgrimage menu.

- Intels upgraded

to point you to military camps

when interrogating civilians, prisonners, checking dead team leader or as reward after a succesfull kill mission. (with % of chance)

intels containers type modified to avoid invisible containers sunk in floor of buildings

- Upgraded Military camps

map modification, still WIP .

- AIbuddy is now always native from Tanoa,

with random Tanoan face and Name and Surname

(mostly Fijian typical names, some French or Dutch  too),

same as speaker into "French English" with 2/3 of chance

V1.1 :  release 26/8/2016

- Modded map after Tanoa has been invaded by Chinese CSAT troops:

this will add a few military bases, watch towers, jungle camps, military facilities... may help to play in Reaslistic

bases are not visible on the map, you'll need to explore the whole map to find all the places

- Original content adapted to Tanoa Apex assets:

all the new assets of Apex are scripted to be spawned in priority before previous Arma 3 assets.
some Apex uniforms and weapons added to "initial spawn list items".

- More than 35 random initial spawn points on the whole map

- player (in SP only) can holster his weapon:

can help in you use  INCOGNITO mod by Rydygier 

- Holyplaces to search in :

Churches in towns

Natives temples in villages

Mausoleums in cemeteries

- RHIB boat as default boat.

can be pushed if shored on the beach

- CSAT Chinese troops mainly, some CSAT Altis remaining...for OPFOR

- Bandits troops mainly, AAF remaining also for Independent

- Tanoan Armed Forces, FIA remaining too for BluFor

and more .......

Download:

Google Drive  ltKc4O.png

SP and MP missions in .pbo files

Missions will require Tanoan Armed Forces  mod.

better to play on Arma 3 as vanillia as possible, adding more mods will drastically slow the computer due to map modding with military bases and eventually crash the mission.

recommanded mods:

(missions tested with thoses following mods on two different PC, one I5-4690K with 16GO and GTX-960 and SSD , one with Intel Core 2 Duo with 8GO and  a GTX660 and HDD.)

Enhanced movement

Incognito  inclued directly in Pilgrimage Tanoa Edition since V 1.22, so no more required as a " @mod "

DES Elevator

and I use to play with PG services, EricJ weapons and all the Robert Hammer RH mods for weapons and TRYK for uniforms and vests...

known issues:

SP/MP:

-for some reasons in a few of Tanoa buildings, you cannot "read" the intel from a device

-Loot crates spawning on roof oF Patrol Military House of added military bases on the sea side.

MP:

-respawn after autosave teleports player to initial spawn point with his boat. (save before leaving with both players in the same vehicle, best choice is to save in the boat)
-content cannot be sold after checking intel on dead bodies sometimes.
-AIBuddy player don't have access to the action menu on initial spawning (need respawn to activate the actions menu)

-AIBuddy can't sale a loot crate when main player have checked it before  (sometimes )

WORK in Progress.

enjoy!!

special Thanks to:

RYDYGIER for this wonderfull mission and permission to mod and port it : all credits to him

VAFANA who is the first to port the mission to Tanoa here and to clear the path ..... ;)

• Like 3

-for some reasons in a few of Tanoa buildings, you cannot "read" the intel from a device

If it's the same issue that I am thinking about, I found a workaround by accident. Raise your weapon to look at the intel item through the scope (or aiming reticule or red dot) and it will become usable.

Can't wait to try this mission.

unfortunately no it will not work this time..

I tried all possible angles, with or without aiming with the rifle  or not... it appears to be an issue from Apex 
for this reason I replaced the smart phones by tablets in the missions, to be "bigger" to spot... always the same issue.....
as sometimes you enter a building and find nothing even the exclamation dot is here and the building checked message appears.....

COOP screenshot of today.....somewhere along the East Coast of the main island.....

AIbuddy (my son Alex ) is driving the boat while I'm in the front....

all listed recommanded mods and Tryk of course (with the separate update for the vests )

Kcbps0.jpg

as sometimes you enter a building and find nothing even the exclamation dot is here and the building checked message appears.....

This is a different issue. I did not play Arma for about 9 months, came back around Tanoa, I noticed these two issues that seem to be separate:

1. Sometimes you see the intel item, a small camera or a phone, target it from various angles but cannot get the option to read the intel on it. In these cases, targeting the item through a raised gun will give you that option.

2. Sometimes a building with a loot marker on it will not show a loot crate or intel item. If it's not somewhere around it or on a balcony, I assume it is either on the roof or below ground and move on. I am seeing these seemingly empty loot buildings on every map I've played Pilgrimage this summer, Altis, Tanoa, Lingor and Bornholm.

And I never had any of these issues back when Pilgrimage 1.92-1.93 were the current ones. I don't remember what Arma3 version was the current one a year ago. I tend to believe that it's BIS' fault (isn't everything in the world?), as I don't see why Ryd would mess with his loot spawning code that was working perfectly for a couple years now. It's a bit frustrating when it happens in the first houses you stumble upon when you are naked on the hardest difficulty levels, but it's not game breaking either. I find all the non-enterable industrial buildings a lot more irritating, by this feat of extreme laziness BIS made all Tanoa factories and port complexes useless in all loot-based scenarios like Pilgrimage, all the Ravages, the formerly DayZ based A3 versions of Origins, Epoch, etc.

- Holyplaces to search in :

Churches in towns

Natives temples in villages

Mausoleums in cemeteries

The last two are not shown on the map, are they? My first "enhanced interrogation" placed a red cross on a couple churches and on one unmarked building. I agree that the new military bases may not be on the map, and stumbling upon this optional content is fun (even though I may want to run a playthrough where I clear them all up for fun), but imho having to potentially check every grey square on the map whether it's a normal building or a temple or a mausoleum is more on the side of tedium than difficult and/or fun. It started well but I give up.

Thanks @rsoftokz for this release, definitely I'll try it :).

@neofit:

The last two are not shown on the map, are they? My first "enhanced interrogation" placed a red cross on a couple churches and on one unmarked building.

It is possible that @rsoftokz has not activated markers for "very high" settings.

in JRInit.sqf:

if (RYD_JR_Difficulty < 5) then
			{
			_alpha = 1;
			_color = "ColorBlack";
			_size = [0.85,0.85];
			_type = "loc_Chapel";			
			};

Thanks @rsoftokz for this release, definitely I'll try it :).

@neofit:

It is possible that @rsoftokz has not activated markers for "very high" settings.

in JRInit.sqf:

if (RYD_JR_Difficulty < 5) then
			{
			_alpha = 1;
			_color = "ColorBlack";
			_size = [0.85,0.85];
			_type = "loc_Chapel";			
			};

Oh, I did that myself. I am now an expert at modding changing this in every Pilgrimage version I start. Without it I don't even see church markers on the map. With it I see churches, but the other two don't get markers apparently:

aaa.jpg

In areas without intel, checking "manually, on foot" every unmarked grey building is not something I am looking forward to.

Edit: Also, I've tried comparing the contents of RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces to maybe remove all the extra locations that have been added to the "official" Tanoa Pilgrimage, but there are some locations in Ryd's init that are not in rsoftokz', some new ones are commented but others aren't, besides I am not sure if one of the new locations is not linked to some script elsewhere and I'd rather not break everything.

@neofit:

Well, those "locations" are represented by coordinates, something like:

[5848.35,9810.03,0]

meaning their position on the map in terms of longitude and latitude, and for this reason, it is hard to find the exact position of these coordinates manually, also I think @rsoftokz used a script to find the coordinates for locations, I have placed them manually, so ... unlikely to be the same coordinates. Maybe there is a script for this, or any method in the editor. These locations are not connected to another script, if you remove a coordinated, it just will not be valid on the map.

@neofit:

Well, those "locations" are represented by coordinates, something like:

[5848.35,9810.03,0]

meaning their position on the map in terms of longitude and latitude, and for this reason, it is hard to find the exact position of these coordinates manually, also I think @rsoftokz used a script to find the coordinates for locations, I have placed them manually, so ... unlikely to be the same coordinates. Maybe there is a script for this, or any method in the editor. These locations are not connected to another script, if you remove a coordinated, it just will not be valid on the map.

I understand these are coordinates on the map. I'm just not sure how arrays are referenced in this scripting language, maybe directly, with an index, maybe through a macro or alias or pointer. I mean, with the example of the Yanukka holy place in the screenshot which is element 3 in the array, maybe there is some trigger somewhere else that reacts on RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces[3] to spawn something nearby, or (I checked all occurrences of RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces) maybe through a pointer to RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces with another name, or to RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces[35] which does not exist anymore since I replaced its initialization with the 32 locations from Ryd's "official" .pbo.

I guess I'll try and see if it crashes, it'd be a shame if I missed some action because the array is different.

@neofit:

Yanukka holy place in the screenshot which is element 3 in the array, maybe there is some trigger somewhere else that reacts on RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces[3] to spawn something nearby, or (I checked all occurrences of RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces) maybe through a pointer to RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces with another name, or to RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces[35] 

as I said above, if you remove one or more of these coordinates, those positions will no longer exist on the map as "HolyPlaces", that's it; they have no connection with any script to trigger an event, the only downside is that the with less "HolyPlaces" gameplay time could be shorter because you can find the "body" more quickly.

I've replaced the new holy places with the array from Ryd's mission. I've just had a rather uneventful playthrough:

aaa.jpg

Just following the intel from interrogations and civilians, I saw half a dozen patrols and one roadblock, and not a single one of the new reinforced Chinese bases. Maybe there should be some intel pointing to these locations, some readily available, not as rare as the one about strongholds, so that we don't miss the important things in this new version? Like 1 civilians in 2 says something like "there is this new base over here, destroy it and I'll give you intel", like their kill missions but not as rare? With hopefully some potential teammates to liberate there?

Hello

to reply to all of your interrogations:

- none of the Mausoleum nor Native temple have "marker" on the map like church (I mean default vanillia arma 3 map)

you should have "Piligrimage scripted markers" in low levels of difficulty (the dot with a cross on the top) but I have to say I didn't verify this as I always play Pilgrimage in "very hard" or "insane" level

-this is a Mausoleum, located in cemetery (not all of the cemeteries but a few in Tanoa....cemeteries are easy to locate on a map close to towns)

UwWq4W.jpg

- this is a Native Temple, in almost all of the biggest native villages on the islands.

yEdlmG.jpg

all you have to do is going on your way ( what ever the way you choose to play, following intels or going random ) ) and open your eyes and pay attention, and visit one of those buidings aera when you find one.
if intels told you you can eliminate some places, be sure if there are mausoleum or Native temples, they will be "red cross in circle" marked.

-ALL of the Biggest Military bases are potentialy strongholds, so ALL the coordinates of those big bases are in the conversation you'll have a moment or an another with  Tyrone.

once Tyrone called you and send you the attachement files, you are able to read them in the Diary.
and the whole map has been spraid by smaller camps here and there (patrol towers, patrol houses, sometimes biggest towers) near strategic points (observation points per example) that will not be  "strongholds" and are just here for the "fun" and "atmosphere" (and potentialy to give you some valuable loot as all of those buildings have been added in the "better loot list" buildings)

those bases are located mainly on strategical places in a "military point of view" : one Tanoan island is already dedicated to the military ....maybe the Chinese use facilities there as FOV....

airfields?

communication centers?

fuel depots ???

military firing range??......

and close to very staregic places like bridges.... or facing the main town of the main island....

most of the military bases have big towers easy to locate from far if you take binoculars and find a high altitude observation point....

I managed this port to add some military places as they are rarest on Tanoa than on Altis and are really missing for a mission like Pilgrimage, if you want to play with "realistic" loot option.

the purpose is to look around you when you are travelling through the game...  just you will do in the real life in such conditions.

- :unsure: what do you mean by  " I've replaced the new holy places with the array from Ryd's mission.  "    ?
as told, each Holyplace is defined with its x and y coordinates on the map....
that means each map has its own coordinates for the holyplaces (churches and chapels on altis and Stratis, Antennas/GSM for Bornholm...)
in the Vafana's PilgrimageTanoa Port, there where the churches and , if I'm right, some kind of blue painted sheds...
on my version, I choosed all "religious" buildings available, the ones listed  a few posts before

I don't know what you call holyplaces from Ryd's but if there are any of the coordinates from Stratis, Altis, Chernarus or whatever official Ryd's mission port..... you'll never point any of the churches of Tanoa and even end to have th body of the brother somewhere in the deep sea......

hope this helps

and you'll enjoy the port on Tanoa

@rsoftokz

The starting time "dawn" is at 4 am, which in Tanoa is as midnight darkness.

So far I love it, I see new bases at airports, nice. :) Tanoa also has several new military buildings, with new class names, I do not see them in " BetterLootBuildings", but it's your choice.

• Like 1

Yes I forgot the camoflaged military buildings.... I will had them on the next update... (so far all military patrol building in "green" have been added)

There are certainly many things to increase, to update, to improve  yet....

this port was made in a hurry (almost... ;) I took time to test the mission in SP/MP as far as I can )

the biggest work was on the "addon" of military bases and camps with the idea to stay realistic and close to BI work on Apex, something compatible with the Stratis/Altis environnement and Tanoa "militarized".

thanks for the feedback and don't hesitate to comment, to give ideas etc.....

oh.. I forgot.. I change the mission starting date to february, so it should be "spring/summer" time in the south hemisphere.... so yes it starts near 4 AM more or less and  daylight should be not so far (1 or 2 hours max to wait....) and sun at noon will be higher on the sky (north )......

too bad the improved Night sky mod was never reeleased so far....I'm a bit dissapointed with the night sky in Arma 3 (stars too visible at naked eye and almost vanished with NVG, the opposite of the real life...)

• Like 1