Rydygier

[SP] Pilgrimage

I would prefer all Pilgromage mods and their spin offs to go into the first post. Much easier to find and keep track of as long as modder clearly shows revision number.

• Like 1

I made the following changes
You are a doctor friend of yours engineer.
The island has only infantry and civilian vehicles.
The cost of repairs,
and purchase information above.
The corpse has a UAV terminal.
Perhaps buy loot from civilians.
Civilians are more aggressive, not kill them.
Tanks and other military vehicles blocked the use of the player.
Added setting the duration of the game is SMALL, AVERAGE, MUCH, OVERMUCH, ALL.

• Like 1

OK, now it works, thanks a lot @Rydygier :)

and the RPT file, look like this:

15:32:17 "type: Land_PillboxBunker_01_hex_F isM: true"
15:32:28 "--2"
15:32:28 "type: Land_PillboxBunker_01_hex_F isM: true"
15:32:39 "--2"
15:32:49 "--2"
15:32:49 "type: Land_PillboxBunker_01_hex_F isM: true"
15:32:57 "--2"

arma3_2016_07_19_15_35_41_53.jpg   arma3_2016_07_19_15_35_53_93.jpg

• Like 1

As for the coop... rsoftokz did some work earlier for 1.94 version based on 1.86coop wip and sent me PM with the code for revision, I added as much corrections, I was able in scarce free time and sent code back for required MP testing (most likely it shares all the flaws of 1.86coop wip). Since there is much his work involved, although based on my work, I decided to wait till feedback/green light from him just in case. But it's long time since he was online last time and thus whole thing stuck. Now, when I remembered about that, I think, maybe after all I should make it public, so others could test this wip despite and due to no word from rsoftokz like two months now. It was meant to be public anyway. So, treat is as untested technical wip:

PilgrimageCoop wip1 (Altis)

(I'll put this link also in the OP)

and if you want to test, please, give me a feedback, especially what happens client-side after resuming the saved session. 

File JRInit.sqf

Line 48:

_mapSize = 15360;//getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWorlds" >> worldName >> "mapSize");

• Like 1

Ah, thanks a lot. Some overlooked left over after Cherno port, I guess. Link will be updated with corrected version ASAP. 

• Like 1

COOP

everything from maps Pilgrimage_Chernarus

name

music

amount boats, cars,

and so forth.

Ah, more Cherno leftovers. Thanks for reporting. 1.94 coop updated to wip3. Corrected, what you listed, also adjusted sunset hour, and added that makeshift code preventing main loop issues, Alky Lee reported some time ago. No time for real testing, so I just hope, I didn't broke anything BTW. If still something is not right - please, let me know. 

• Like 2

Snip***

My biggest issue is micro stuttering. Especially when in large towns. Turning player causes frame rate dip which makes the player snap rather than a smooth turn. It might be one of the mods I run though. Even with view and object distance turned way down it doesn't help. If I don't get it sorted out I don't think I'll be playing on Tanoa much.

I tested Tanoa in the editor at Georgetown. Put down an Ifrit and drove fast through town and else where. Did it with all my mods active. I had no stuttering at all. Framerate was 40-50's FPS.

So unfortunately for me it leaves the Pilgrimage mod itself.

I don't play with AC, SAD, my CP's are set to 25%, garrison at 100%, ADM only. Loot normal at 25% IIRC.

If anyone has any tips I would like to hear them.

Thanks

Tried Pilgrimage without any mods? Teoretically mod may cause no stuttering on the empty map, but on populated, with AIs, objects etc. - yes. Although as for me it's hard to explain, what kind of mod could cause such issue. If not that, maybe try to minimize civilian presence, who knows. Could be typical for too weak hardware, but if not happens out of the mission, and hardware is OK, as I see, then I don't know. 

OK, I officially don't like Tanoa. Not only because we don't have a campaign like East Wind to introduce us to the locations, the history, the factions, the wtf I am doing there, but the map making is just lazy. I haven't seen as many closed doors since Cherno. With Altis and Stratis I thought it was a thing of the past. I don't know how you guys play, but unlike in other games with huge health bars, where you turn around to face the enemy when you hear a shot, in Arma since OFP my first reflex is to rush into cover. Same as soon as I hear a chopper in the vicinity. In Tanoa it's more like "dammit, locked door, dammit another one, aw, come on, reload..." :). Like I won't kick in a door or jump through a window when my life is in danger. And loot-based scenarios like Pilgrimage and the ones with zombies are becoming less fun.

I just hope that scenario designers don't focus solely on Tanoa but port all their new features and fixes onto other maps.

Ok Ryd

I'm about due to start a new mission and will try it without mods. Civ's are set at 10/600, will lower them.  Thanks

@neofit

The EM mod (Enhanced Movement) comes in handy for climbing/jumping and works going through (most) windows.

I tested Tanoa in the editor at Georgetown. Put down an Ifrit and drove fast through town and else where. Did it with all my mods active. I had no stuttering at all. Framerate was 40-50's FPS.

So unfortunately for me it leaves the Pilgrimage mod itself.

I don't play with AC, SAD, my CP's are set to 25%, garrison at 100%, ADM only. Loot normal at 25% IIRC.

If anyone has any tips I would like to hear them.

Thanks

I found Georgetown to be totally weird when I went there in mission. I thought the mission had broken again as there were no civs, vehicles or anything. I got no save at the church, searched the surrounding area and couldn't find the body, so I moved on. In the next town the mission was still working, so I went back to Georgetown and found the body two streets away about 150m from the church. I think the lack of life was probably caused by the low percentage of enterable buildings there.

Testing on an empty map is no test at all. Once it's populated with AI and the FPS overhead that accompanies them, things can change dramatically especially when running mods at the same time. I have been suffering from the stuttering and jerky turning as well, but with just the vanilla mission this doesn't happen, although I have had very noticeable slowdown in FPS when entering a new area as AI spawn in. It used to be about 5 FPS, but now its more like 15. I think it's because of the major engine changes that accompanied APEX, and I hope it will improve with the next few game updates.

The EM mod (Enhanced Movement) comes in handy for climbing/jumping and works going through (most) windows.

I think he was complaining about the lack of enterable buildings. The EM mod won't help with them.

Official reason for so many not enterable houses on Tanoa was, IIRC, the fact, devs prefer this way than showing unnatural, empty interiors without any furniture and something about performance balance. But we already had enterable houses with items inside eg in Takistan, so I don't know, what to think here. Personally I prefer like x100 enterable empty houses (I don't mind that emptiness, especially, items like furniture are obstacles, especially for AI, even now very clumsy inside buildings) than boxes with fake doors. Hiding inside was major part of my gameplay tactics in Pilgrimage. Not mentioning, how important interiors are for procedural populating/placing loot. Still I adore Tanoa. It is way too fantastic as for jungle atmosphere etc. to make possible not liking it. 

"Some" buildings IIRC are not enterable via doors but can be climbed on or through windows using EM. :)

Like has been stated many times I'll have to go through the process of eliminating mods to see which one(s) causes issues or which will still give me the best gameplay experience along with tinkering with view/object distances.

Reason for me testing with No AI or other spawns was to make sure the map itself didn't cause lag. This concern was reasonable IMO because why else would BI add Geometric_Occluders  https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Geometric_Occluders. I'm just glad it's not the map.

Pvt. Partz and me are going to test the latest WIP3 COOP this weekend and will provide feedback. Thanks for releasing it.

Pilgrimage_COOP_1_94wip3.Altis

These lines are questionable.

IntelCheck.sqf
RYD_JR_Caller globalChat _txt; правильно?
//RYD_JR_Caller globalChat _greet;

decoy.sqf
RYD_JR_FuelFundSpent = RYD_JR_FuelFundSpent + RYD_JR_DecoyCost; нет
publicVariable "RYD_JR_FuelFund";

JR_fnc.sqf
_pos1ATL = ASLtoATL _pos1;
_pos2ATL = ASLtoATL _pos2;

RYD_JR_LastChat = time; нет?

RYD_JR_FuelFundGain = RYD_JR_FuelFundGain + _sum; нет?

JRInit.sqf
RYD_JR_Speakers = RYD_JR_Speakers - [_speaker];

publicVariable "RYD_JR_MyPeople";
RYD_JR_allHolyPlaces set [_hix,"Del"]; del--0

Description.ext
title = "Landing area";
texts[] = {"UNKNOWN","NORTH","SOUTH"}; где

580 - 

[[_txt],"RYD_JR_MP_GlobalChat",true,false,true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

30 - Indeed.

2830 - both ways works. Not sure, which better, probably no real difference. 

4081 - not in this case. It's only for random chatter/phone calls. 

4122 - Yes.

376 - publicVariable seems redundant, although harmless. Still, I see, setSpeaker is local, so at some point I need to rework some code there. 

1966 - usually used 0 in such cases, with "Del" this works too, but...

340 - yet another leftover after Cherno port. Also according change in the init.sqf required...

Thanks a lot. :) wip4 should be available soon. 

• Like 1

Still I adore Tanoa. It is way too fantastic as for jungle atmosphere etc. to make possible not liking it. 

And having to relocate islands in the dark without NVGs and find a safe place to land without beaching the boat in case you need it again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1HbjSO6e9M

If you do find an enterable building, they can be a bit leaky when bullets penetrate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMbf9m5MYeE

"Some" buildings IIRC are not enterable via doors but can be climbed on or through windows using EM. :)

I take that back, I'm mistaken.

I like tanoa version simply cos I started playing and have played for half an hour and there are no tanks or AAs shooting at me from 2 kilometres yet, now I think I can play pilgrimage long term, tho have some performance issues.

Thanks a lot. :) wip4 should be available soon. 

Rydygier

This stretches from Pilgrimage_1.94.Chernarus

The mission Pilgrimage_1.94.altis of these blunders is not

It may take as a basis for COOP Pilgrimage_1.94.altis

Not sure, if I understood you, but... This coop version is made by rsoftokz (only because of his work on this it's done, I've no time for such thing), for some reasons he made it based on Chernarus port, which adds some extra work to reverse porting and put it back on Altis. That's why all these leftovers - my corrections was made in haste due to lack of time, thus several things was overlooked. I would base coop on Altis, but it wasn't my work and thus wasn't my decision. Apparently rsoftokz wanted Cherno coop so he made it, only shared the result to help me. 

Rydygier
You are not tired of my questions?
I want a little change the level of difficulty.
RYD_JR_Difficulty
initial equipment
Cycle N = 40-RYD_JR_Difficulty * 8
1. Select items from the arsenal. We write the data into an array _SelectWeapon
                     number depends on the difficulty level

​If N=0
2. Dimming (there was a storm)
Start of pilgrimage.
3. Naked player.
4. We reserve the random number of items in the boat, box.
                      It depends on the difficulty level.
5. Add, remove important items.
                      It depends on the difficulty level.
6. If (RYD_JR_Naked) = empty + broken boat.

You are not tired of my questions?

When I am, I go rest a bit, so no problem. :)

It's all possible, but too extensive scripting for a snippet, I could produce quickly, sorry. 

Pilgrimage collects all the stuff from the config for loot (RYD_JR_AllWeapons, RYD_JR_AllAmmo, RYD_JR_AllItems arrays), but it isn't in any particular order, it's a mess. So you may try to filter from all gathered guns/items those proper for the start and put them into the pool for random selection. There's BIS' function that basing on config classifies the stuff by categories, may be useful: 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_itemType

Which is used simply: _cat = [_item] call BIS_fnc_itemType; and returns a string - category.

Then there's a way to fit magazines to the chosen gun like this:

_stuff = RYD_JR_AllWeapons select (floor (random (count RYD_JR_AllWeapons)));
				_veh addWeaponCargo [_stuff,_cnt];

_stuffArr = configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _stuff >> "magazines";

if (isArray _stuffArr) then
					{
					_stuffArr = getArray _stuffArr;

if ((count _stuffArr) > 0) then
						{
						_stuff = _stuffArr select (floor (random (count _stuffArr)));

_veh addMagazineCargo [_stuff,ceil (random 6)]
						}
					} 

(_veh may be a boat - RYD_JR_Boat) I hope, it's helpful anyhow. 

All do in the JRInit.sqf. Damaging boat is easy via setDamage:

if (RYD_JR_Difficulty == 4) then
	{
	RYD_JR_boat setDamage 1
	};

But be sure, Alex isn't in the explosion blast radius or make him immune to damage for a while... :)

When I am, I go rest a bit, so no problem. :)

It looks like I'm writing a little crooked.

Where you can insert a function in the mission files

allowing the player to choose the equipment.

All that he desires.

10-20-30-40 units number depends on the difficulty level.

Before landing on the island.

Remove part of the inventory, after landing on the island.

Ah, IIRC destroyng the boat may mean end of the mission, not sure. 

Where you can insert a function in the mission files

Allowing to choose: not so easy. You would need to design separate GUI for this or apply some existing solution (Arsenal?). I would define this during initial settings window or just after this window is closed, means just after this line:

[] call RYD_JR_Dialog;

in the Init.sqf. 

Removing: JRInit.sqf. Exactly - not sure, the exact place may be nearly any. Boat is present on the map from the very beginning. I would suggest to put such function, where personal equipment is set, eg just before this line:

_weapArr = [["hgun_PDW2000_F",["30Rnd_9x21_Mag"]],["SMG_01_F",["30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01"]],["SMG_02_F",["30Rnd_9x21_Mag"]]];