Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CS - ArmA 3 Combat System

Team of soldiers will have to take 1 rope, after landing on ground, pilot will have to cut the rope.

LoL ofc :D

Hmmm, pretty sure I've seen exactly that... All the units repel down on their own ropes ? Takes too long otherwise and is a danger to all in the aircraft ?

SJ

Looks sweet! Can't wait!

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS CAN MAKE FIRING FROM VEHICLES/CHOPPERS you would make the entire community happy =)

1 rope repelling

4 ropes repelling

It varies.

Looks sweet! Can't wait!

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS CAN MAKE FIRING FROM VEHICLES/CHOPPERS you would make the entire community happy =)

Well you can use STLB(non ACE version) mod form A2, just small edits and it mostly work, you can shoot, throw granades etc. sitting animation is fucked.

Oh my, this looks cool. I'll be looking forward to this.

Well you can use STLB(non ACE version) mod form A2, just small edits and it mostly work, you can shoot, throw granades etc. sitting animation is fucked.

can you send me a link? All I could find was the version that requires ACE2. In fact I'm sure a lot of people would be happy if you put up a tutorial with link either on here or via youtube. Thanks for the heads up either way! Still would be nice to see a new version though!

We prefer to work our way, XMed is great work but we want to make it by ourselves :) Anyway, its large project, but its already have 7 months of work for us now, we didnt say anything before because it is a big project and we were not sure if we can. Now we are sure, so its time to share some info with community. If you check a3cs website, its says " version 3.0 " v3.0 will be 1st public release with much new content, older version is already in use in my community so no worry dude :) We got this.

Can you give us an idea of what features, other than Blood Pressure have been written into your medical system? Who is advising you on medical content? How much training will we need to do to figure out how to save someone?

Heh, for the arty carrying system, was that inspired by Iron Front? I know that game actually has such a feature, but I have no idea if it existed in ArmA II prior to Iron Front's release.

Really loving the stuff I'm seeing. Like I said before, getting something more ACE-like for ArmA III would be lovely. I prefer the more realistic touches such a mod offered, and it seems like that's key to some features in A3CS, like the wounds, healing items and injury states, as well as dust and backblasts.

I guess I wouldn't say it's inspired by Iron Front. Both Iron Front and this mod are inspired by how it's done in real life.

When it comes to mortars, I think it would be better if you did away with the floating shell thing and added proper loading and firing animations. They had the same thing in ACE, basically tried overcomplicating stuff to give the user a bit more to do, when in reality picking up a shell and dropping it in a tube is nowhere near as fiddly. In real life a well prepped mortar team can be getting out 10 rounds a minute, can't see that happening with those floating shells. Nothing bored me more than effectively just crouching/standing/crawling by a mortar and watching shells magically fly out the tube without moving my hands ;) Also having to look at the shell in exactly the right spot to get the option to pick it up wasn't ideal. When Ace decided I must manually select each shell, drag it over to the mortar and drop it in the tube...that drove me insane!

I'd suggest having the option to load any shell within a 2-3 metre radius of the mortar. Obviously picking up shells and placing them in the tube's always going to be really clunky because it's videogame, in reality you can move your hands, bodies, heads in so an unlimited number of ways so that's how I'd get around it.

What I mean by animations is the loader actually you know..loading the tube and people putting hands over ears etc. Always craved that kind of detail.

Good work so far btw, really looking forward to this!

Edited by Bravo93

Idk I got pretty good at the arty in ace I would prep all the rounds then stack them next to gun so I could quickly turn grab shell, load and fire.

Nice work Alduric so far!

On the weapon jamming though, I don't know which army they teach that as a drill but it sure looks like a good way to blow your own face off! Strange drill.

Nice work Alduric so far!

On the weapon jamming though, I don't know which army they teach that as a drill but it sure looks like a good way to blow your own face off! Strange drill.

Dat ArmA 3 animations :D

Isn't that one of the animations that was supposed to be for mounting attachments?

Looking very nice!