toadie2k

Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3

Just to be a clueless noob, but are the accupoint TR20, Zeiss Diavari supposed to have fixed 300 metre zeroes on them?

I have the ACE compatibility files installed for the G3 pack, yet the range card in ace only lists it for a 100 metre zero for the PSG1A1/G3 weapons and the vanilla PSG1 scope itself does not work with ACE's MOA adjustment sniper system.

It may be a layer 8 error, but i can't for the love of god find the "to-do" list i spotted once. Anyone got a link for a blind fool? :D
And is it true you are going to start working on a Wiesel Mk1 or 2 as used by the german armed forces,or was it just a late april-fools trick by my clanmates?

Greeting,
Tillee

Toadie2k... you are the best.. love your work :)

I only use your weapons when i make missions, they are so nicely done :)

I once saw a topic where you wrote that you are working on MG3 :) is that shut down or are you still planning to make it ?? if so are you making it with a rail on top to mount scopes ?? i really hope so. but first of all i really hope this MG3 wil be a reality.

When i was in the army, i was trained in that weapon.. its a awesome MG :)

Do you take requests for other weapons ??

1. C8IUR - http://coltcanada.com/le-patrol-c8iur.html

2. Now you are making old bolt rifles, what about Lee Enfield MK4 ?? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee%E2%80%93Enfield

3. Sako TRG 42 with folding stock - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sako_TRG#/media/File:Sako_TRG_folding_stock_%2B_Zeiss_3-12x56_SSG_P.JPG

4. Madsen MG - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madsen_machine_gun

5. Carl Gustav M 45 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Gustav_m/45

I specially hope to see the C8IUR and SAKO TRG 42

you the best

Dennis

It may be a layer 8 error, but i can't for the love of god find the "to-do" list i spotted once. Anyone got a link for a blind fool? :D

And is it true you are going to start working on a Wiesel Mk1 or 2 as used by the german armed forces,or was it just a late april-fools trick by my clanmates?

Greeting,

Tillee

Master list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ntyv14BqYyhabzDfBgnmEfnKlIk3exvM8WDOlU5Qv_g/edit#gid=0

Current vote: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I6QQisIkVHq2VxbC2MgoowdC8VbIsCh4hNZsmkK61Ps/pubchart?oid=434174366&format=interactive

So the current schedule of list releases is MG3, then SIG 550. He's going to do a Wiesel eventually, but he's starting off simple with a Honda Today-G. Keep in mind that Vehicles are a quarterly thing because they're much more work.     

• Like 1

Are the new updates available on PWS yet?

EDIT: Nvm...just tested that there are AK and AR-15 packs only for now.

Are the new updates available on PWS yet?

The AK's are updated. Nothing else yet. 

• Like 1

Any ETA on the rest?

...woah now, don't forget the G3s, AUGs, AR15s and FALs!

They all got patched too.

Changelog (G3s):

- Conformed mod icons,mod.cpp to rebranding

- Soundshaders implemented, minor discretionary sound tweaks

- Arsenal Icons implemented

- Grenade sight accuracy improved(all). Should hit more or less Bang on for respective zeroings.

- Removed redundant inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.

- Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively

- General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.

- PSG1 and HK53/HK51 character animations redone. One to exist, one to not be terrible anymore.

- Added:

hlc_rifle_hk33a2

hlc_rifle_hk33a2RIS

hlc_rifle_psg1A1

hlc_rifle_PSG1A1_RIS

hlc_rifle_g3a3v

hlc_rifle_hk53RAS

Changelog (FALs):

- Grenade sight accuracy improved(all). Should hit more or less Bang on for respective zeroings.

- Removed redundant inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.

- Optional RHS and CUP compatibility patches updated to reflect most current versions respectively

- General Material changes. RVMAT Fresnels altered for better effect, less dependency on generic maps.

- hlc_rifle_osw_GL no longer accepts bipod

-Added:

*IMPORTANT*

SOME INHERITANCIES HAVE BEEN ALTERED. IF YOU HAVE REFERRED TO CLASSES IN THIS PACK, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK class CHILD : PARENT RELATIONSHIPS

Changelog (AUGs):

- Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.

Changelog (AR15s):

- Removed duplicate inventory slots. Adheres the CBA/ASDG standard almost entirely.

...woah now, don't forget the G3s, AUGs, AR15s and FALs!

They all got patched too.

Changelog (G3s):

- PSG1 and HK53/HK51 character animations redone. One to exist, one to not be terrible anymore.

- Added:

hlc_rifle_hk33a2

hlc_rifle_hk33a2RIS

hlc_rifle_psg1A1

hlc_rifle_PSG1A1_RIS

hlc_rifle_g3a3v

hlc_rifle_hk53RAS

Changelog (FALs):

- hlc_rifle_osw_GL no longer accepts bipod

-Added:

*IMPORTANT*

SOME INHERITANCIES HAVE BEEN ALTERED. IF YOU HAVE REFERRED TO CLASSES IN THIS PACK, PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK class CHILD : PARENT RELATIONSHIPS

Changelog (AUGs):

Changelog (AR15s):

Fanatic asked about PlaywithSix, I gave him the update on that. A little reading comprehension before you go "correcting" people goes a long way. He didn't ask me about Armaholic.

Fanatic, PlaywithSix currently has the AK, AR-15, FAL and AUG packs updated. ETA on the rest will be whenever they get around to it, they're usually quite quick on the draw, maybe even by the time you read this. 

Fanatic asked about PlaywithSix, I gave him the update on that. A little reading comprehension before you go "correcting" people goes a long way. He didn't ask me about Armaholic.

Fanatic, PlaywithSix currently has the AK, AR-15, FAL and AUG packs updated.

So, in summary, I was right and you were wrong, seeing as the PWS patches for AR15s, FALs, G3s and the AUGs were announced two pages ago?

Might need to brush up on that comprehension yourself, mate.

• Like 2

So, in summary, I was right and you were wrong, seeing as the PWS patches for AR15s, FALs, G3s and the AUGs were announced two pages ago?

He asked about PWS, you linked to Armaholic. I don't have a photographic memory of every PlaywithSix update and answered the question as best I could, you linked to the wrong site. I was a little bit more helpful.  

• Like 2

Guys. I know you both got the best intentions which is spreading the word of the HLC mods, but discussions like that are simply redundant. 

• Like 3

Excellent release toadie! I'm particularly happy with the new sound effects as they really do transform the Arma experience. Another personal favorite of mine is the surefire weaponlight for the MP5. Finally I can have my 90s era SWAT and SEAL teams. However, the MP5N currently does not have the ability to mount that particular surefire light. Was this an oversight or a deliberate decision? Another small request would be the ability to mount bipods on the AWM with the integral suppressor (as well as open all AWM weapon platforms up to mounting IR lasers or flashlights).

How come you've put in the older MK. 48 Mod 0 instead of the newer Mod 1? The gun is also held way higher then it should be.  

I'm not sure the animations can be changed. Arma lacks a 'resting' animation for LMGs. I'd love to see those weapons carried at the hip as well, but perhaps that's something only BIS can do? That said, a mod 1 would be amazing but we'll just have to wait patiently for one.

• Like 2

He asked about PWS, you linked to Armaholic. I don't have a photographic memory of every PlaywithSix update and answered the question as best I could, you linked to the wrong site. I was a little bit more helpful.  

Try to stay on topic now, i don't want to hand out infractions ;)

However, the MP5N currently does not have the ability to mount that particular surefire light. Was this an oversight or a deliberate decision?

Deliberate. I gave the modern Pictogram triggergroup MP5s the Tri-rails as a trade-off.

How come you've put in the older MK. 48 Mod 0 instead of the newer Mod 1? The gun is also held way higher then it should be.

Honestly, I never thought about the Mod1.. and yeah, it is high in the shoulder. So are the SAWs technically, but it at this point, lowering them would mean some level of substantial character reanimation correct without issue.

The actual sight picture for the A1 is not correct. Out of all of Toadies superb efforts this is about the only thing that I feel needs changing. That wide black border around the sight picture does not exist, at all, sorry to say  - just fact. The sight is so much more usable than it is now, bit of a shame really.

Don't take it the wrong way I very much rock with HLC. It really is on top, along with SMA, of the weapon addon mods. Nothing beats it and I back that opinion up with $! 

Toadie, when you've got some time, in say, the next five years ;)  - you reckon you could have a look at it? Your schedule being what it is ... ;)

PM me if you need some pics of the sight picture. Should clear things up somewhat.

Yeah I know, again it's one of the tradeoffs with the way ARma does things - the difference between internal and external scope diameter doesn't really allow much wiggle room to give the proper illusion of magnification on the scope

(For context, the current 3D scopes across the board are basically just a cylinder that's had the far end expanded to mitigate the effect of perspect... plus some fancy parallax shaders for rings). I mean, I've already shortened it inside to mitigate it too, but if I took away the black rings, you ould see the Scope support struts through your cross hairs if I tried to make it any clearer.

That said, if I can find a way to do it that DOESN'T look ass, Trust me, it'll happen.

Just to be a clueless noob, but are the accupoint TR20, Zeiss Diavari supposed to have fixed 300 metre zeroes on them?

I have the ACE compatibility files installed for the G3 pack, yet the range card in ace only lists it for a 100 metre zero for the PSG1A1/G3 weapons and the vanilla PSG1 scope itself does not work with ACE's MOA adjustment sniper system.

IRL they're zeroed at 100m, like most of the scopes are in ACE by default. The error here comes from not having a dedicated ACE PBO that overwrites the setting, which is something I will have to weigh up. Meantime, alt+pgdown will allow you to escape ACE Ranging and fix the zero to it's lowest (200m), and just add an offset for 100m is to your scope dope.

Hey Toadie can you answer my questions on this post please: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/163106-toadies-smallarms-and-animations-for-arma3/page-112#entry3006386

Its very important for me because i always use your weapon and i cant use them with that bug.. just let me know what you think about it thanks :)

Best til last. Hohkay. So.

First off,I appreciate the effort you've gone to compiling this, I do.

To address this I think I need to break down what you're trying to get across here-

So, to the first bit about the animated sights being worse- I'm kind of 50/50 on it. Granted a lot of that comes down to the system not being foolproof to use or even implement, and the rest of it comes from the system not being fully done on BI's end, but to answer it-

No. No I won't be making non-animated Sights versions of weapons with animated sights, even as an optional download, and here's why-

Over the last three weeks I've been basically pouring the equivalent to 3 work weeks in my spare time going through the updating a content base the size of while really only gets trumped by dedicated teams by MYSELF looking not only for longstanding weird inheritance quirks (of which there were numerous), but SPECIFCALLY visual issues that could be remedied in short work(oh and reanimating the HK53, because I always hated that animation). It's why there was a lot of RVMAT changes and corrections to the ironsight FOVs in the first place (oh and rollout soundshaders, which are a magnitude more new code of themselves, but I digress). Each weapon, in theory, got about 2 hours of it's own dedicated development time to do all this. The reality of it is less pleasant, as things like fine-tuning GL sights and the afortmentioned animated zeroes at about a day per weapon alone.

My point is this, at the end of the day I valued having the point of aim sight on the front post of whatever gun I had than having the rear sights "authentically" align. More often than not, that was going to break the sights or the ballistics.

Now you could say I made the wrong choice, that I should have tested more, but quite frankly I'd need a dedicated testing team and I don't have to time to organise that most days.

Now, to address the faceted sights and whatnot- the ones where it's bad, there's only so much I can do without them needing to be remodelled. And I stand for the record saying that about the Honeybadger and AK12 ones specifically. BUt, both of those PROBABLY will only happen when I actually get around to remodelling the entire weapons. Which in those cases specifically, might be a while.

I'm sorry if this comes off a bit bitter and overly too wordy, but I couldn't find a better way of putting it that didn't come off as insincere, and it's been pretty gruelling slogs to get some of this stuff done.

Also, don't take this for me having a go at you or anything, because honestly I appreciate the sentiment, but yeah it's just extra work I don't need to add to the list of New things I've got to do. Probably you'll see some of this remedied over the next 6 months in increments, but there is no way in hell am I going to be fixing all of them in the next few. I am not going back through March 2016 again.

NOW, in less tired-Toadie-needs-a-vacation news:

All the packs are now updated, most mirrors are updated (except Steam Workshop, because the A3Tools Publisher is throwing me error 2s for no reason again), and all that fun jazz. There'll be a rewrite of the Opening post of the thread in the next 24 hours, but in the meantime, I'm soft-launching the official ex-HLCmods now NIArms site, where you can find all the links. the rest of the site might not be all there, but at least all the IMPORTANT stuff is, so have at that.

http://credmo.updatedtuesdays.com/tier1/products/

• Like 6

Sorry if I came across as a bit churlish with the MK 48 comment. It's just that, as you know from our PM exchanges, I'm mad to see as much SOCOM stuff as possible in game, I may have came across rude in the process. Sorry about that. 

Thanks again, the magnitude of work that's been done here is unmatched and it has really taken this game to a different place from where it was when it started out. I was going to say "So when we gettin' our MG3s, brah?" but I think at this point we should all be able to let that question answer itself.

Seriously man go do something else for awhile, you've more than earned it. As awesome as what you just did was, I don't think I'm the only one who would say that workload isn't sustainable and I'd rather not see the passion get beaten out of you. 

• Like 2

Hey Toadie, I've seen that you have lots of weapons on your request list, since you have more than 100, one more will not hurt to add on the list "Zastava M70 AB2".
More info on it: http://www.zastava-arms.rs/en/militaryproduct/assault-rifle-m70-ab2

It's a very good rifle, I was issued with one when I served. But my version was older one and it didn't had option to mount optics, nowdays there is AB2N for Warsaw pact style optics or with Picatinny rails, but I haven't seen how does original factory made look with Picatinny rails. Using one simple muzzle attachment you could even fire grenades capable of penetrating side armor of tanks or front of APCs (primary back in 80s, armor these days are stronger plus ERA). Anyways please put it on the list, maybe in a year or two you could make it :D Thanks.

This is how it looks with grenade muzzle attachment + grenades.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/nothernug/02grenadelauncherM60M59-66andM70.jpg

Are the packs being renamed to NIArms or are they still HLC because if they are I've been waiting on the old PW6 versions.

*Edit* woops didn't read the very top post. I am standing by for updates with much excitement in that case! And as @irving said, you've more than earned time to relax!

Are the packs being renamed to NIArms or are they still HLC because if they are I've been waiting on the old PW6 versions.

*Edit* woops didn't read the very top post. I am standing by for updates with much excitement in that case! And as @irving said, you've more than earned time to relax!

Oh lawdy, ain't noone got time to relax, got Mg3s and P226s to finish. Seriously though, taking a few days off, then it's back to business as usual.

Thanks again, the magnitude of work that's been done here is unmatched and it has really taken this game to a different place from where it was when it started out. I was going to say "So when we gettin' our MG3s, brah?" but I think at this point we should all be able to let that question answer itself.

Seriously man go do something else for awhile, you've more than earned it. As awesome as what you just did was, I don't think I'm the only one who would say that workload isn't sustainable and I'd rather not see the passion get beaten out of you.

Once I have a few days breather, back on them. Lafette Tripod static weapons and all.

Did you rename your mods on the workshop?

Yes, also not on workshop too.

Sorry if I came across as a bit churlish with the MK 48 comment. It's just that, as you know from our PM exchanges, I'm mad to see as much SOCOM stuff as possible in game, I may have came across rude in the process. Sorry about that.

It's cool man, it was a legitimate question, if anything I should probably apologize for being a bit churlish in response. That's my own deal I gotta sort out.
  • Like 5

I... don't even know what I've found. Such are the ways of Toadie.

D04321FE12A252A546E6D5DEF0757AFB3A330E42

• Like 4

Deliberate. I gave the modern Pictogram triggergroup MP5s the Tri-rails as a trade-off.

Alright, no biggie. Are they mutally exclusive due to arma's coding?

Hi Toadie, a question: is intended that the M1903 optic doesn't work, with ACE, in the ACE-way? because it's useless have all that advanced ballistics data without the chance to use precise optics, but only a one that works like in the vanilla. Maybe it's more realistic, frankly i don't know, i'm asking.

Small report. Error occurring when firing a Saiga-12.

Depends on the surface you're hitting.

Nvm, was fixed in the NI update pack.