Sign in to follow this  
marcai

Pet Peeves of A3

Driving a vehicle very slowly into a rock or tree nearly destroys it and I am in need of medical attenation.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

This was carried over from older games in the series, but how useless is the save system? Why can't I quit WITHOUT saving? Why have the save button disabled if all you have to do to force a save is "Save & quit" ?

on that one. the vehicle health point system is a joke considering some people praise arma for its realism. if we have to have vehicles explode after hitting a small stone wall then at least do it like GTA and make the care burn first so there's time to get away.

in general the explosion should be removed though in my opinion. it's just silly. instead jsut leave how the impact damage is transfered to the crew. that makes sense. and have vehicles explode from explosive ammo. but simple impacts don't make cars explode. even burning is kinda rare.

The action activation areas are still really tiny. I once lost my gear because I dropped it in an elevated container outpost and couldn't pick it back up for some reason. That and the fact you still have to slam your face into a ladder at 45° downwards to get the Climb action.

Driving an M2 Slammer MBT into a corrugated tin shack or fence post and damaging the tank so as to make it inoperable.

on that one. the vehicle health point system is a joke considering some people praise arma for its realism. if we have to have vehicles explode after hitting a small stone wall then at least do it like GTA and make the care burn first so there's time to get away.

in general the explosion should be removed though in my opinion. it's just silly. instead jsut leave how the impact damage is transfered to the crew. that makes sense. and have vehicles explode from explosive ammo. but simple impacts don't make cars explode. even burning is kinda rare.

This. BIS watched way too many Hollywood movies during the development of ARMA.

flashlights / lights not colliding with objects (dynamic shadows it's the correct name?)

After several months still unable to trow a damn grenade behind a wall.

Edited by Babylonjoke

1. 'Open door'. Should be a button to press when within 5m of a door.

And not this move back and forth and hope that option appears in scroll menu (before you get shot).

Just plain stupid.

2. A button to open parachute. Self-explanatory.

3. Machineguns that are in single-shot mode by default. Does not fit the role at all.

4. Having to zoom in constantly. Especially with the xRCO-type and smaller magnifying scopes since they don't zoom in enough. SMG-scope just plain sucks because of this. It's only viable for me when enemy is 50m or less away from me. Which is never.

4. Having to zoom in constantly. Especially with the xRCO-type and smaller magnifying scopes since they don't zoom in enough. SMG-scope just plain sucks because of this. It's only viable for me when enemy is 50m or less away from me. Which is never.

Erm, that's the point of them buddy.

when right clicking the mouse once the weapon is held at arms length and must hold mouse down to somehow zoom in. right clicking is a decision to scope in, and sacrifice some peripheral vision doing so, but there's this delay every time.

no bipods or weapon resting.

very basic recoil animations (the animations of soldier and weapon, no horizontal recoil, etc ). this is a mainly infantry focused game for many but this part hasnt evolved much at all. i'd hoped Smookie wouldve taken this to a next level like his animation pack hinted at.

Edited by twisted

Not be able to use trackir and freefloatzone at the same time. It actually stops me from playing the game. Sure, but for me it's very important as I'm used to 100% zone since 2001. And to play without trackir hurts my neck.

And I hate that I can't re-assign the stance adjust key. Doesn't fit with my key setup (used to it since 2001..).

So right now I can't enjoy playing A3. I can do with bugs and problems, but when my intuitive movement is crippled I can't feel like I'm in the game.

Hatchback 3D model being very low poly.

Aggressive and distracting LOD switching.

Not being able to put my textures to ultra even if there's no performance loss.

The fact that this game exists in this sorry of a state and is considered "full release"

The low stone walls in the game have vertical sides but the collision model is a wide-based pyramid so units can run across them without interruption.

This means you can't press against them while prone without tilting up in the air and possibly exposing yourself. It also makes them impossible to rest weapons against in TMR mod.

The fact that this game exists in this sorry of a state and is considered "full release"

Boohoo. This has nothing to do with pet peeves.

I guess it was inevitable for this thread to turn into another whine thread.

Boohoo. This has nothing to do with pet peeves.

I guess it was inevitable for this thread to turn into another whine thread.

That is my pet peeve. Everyones got opinions bub, get used to hearin em.

That is my pet peeve. Everyones got opinions bub, get used to hearin em.

3edgy5me

First post, 'bub' politely requested missing features and optimisation complaints to be kept to other threads. The thread was intended for the community to discuss small-scale features and improvements that could be implimented to improve the quality of the game a small step at a time, please don't derail what has so far been a civil thread with what I'd consider useful input.

The low stone walls in the game have vertical sides but the collision model is a wide-based pyramid so units can run across them without interruption.

This means you can't press against them while prone without tilting up in the air and possibly exposing yourself. It also makes them impossible to rest weapons against in TMR mod.

good one!

i got another one: since one patch a long long time ago when inside arma 3 steam likes to open when pressing shift and not shift+tab. so everytime you use shift to write something steam overlay will open. it's beyond annoying when writing code while being ingame. it's really time to fix that again. thx!

good one!

i got another one: since one patch a long long time ago when inside arma 3 steam likes to open when pressing shift and not shift+tab. so everytime you use shift to write something steam overlay will open. it's beyond annoying when writing code while being ingame. it's really time to fix that again. thx!

Never had this problem.

good one!

This happens when you alt tab for some reason the 'tab' gets stuck so when you come back in and hit shift yeah steam overlay. Also makes the autofill on chat go crazy

This happens when you alt tab for some reason the 'tab' gets stuck so when you come back in and hit shift yeah steam overlay. Also makes the autofill on chat go crazy

does that mean it can't be fixed? because i'm sure i didn't have that problem for a while. is there maybe a temporary fix i can apply? some kind of method to deactivate that behavior?

EDIT: i see it now. it happens once right after you alt tab back into the game. knowing that really helps already. thx! still a pain when developing with the game open.

does that mean it can't be fixed? because i'm sure i didn't have that problem for a while. is there maybe a temporary fix i can apply? some kind of method to deactivate that behavior?

I've had it happen since flashpoint

EDIT: i see it now. it happens once right after you alt tab back into the game. knowing that really helps already. thx! still a pain when developing with the game open.

When this happens just press tab again, its what i do to fix this.

I would like to add, vehicle guns can shoot from angles that would hit itself, but the bullets just go through. Like the FIA Offroad, where you could shoot even through the driver. And the independent Tank where the commander gun. I'm not playing a lot of ArmA3 so i don't remember the vehicles names, but i could post some images.

Edited by Lucasmnunesk

If im group leader in vehicle and get out the driver always feels obligated to try and run me over, would be nice if driver did not try to regroup as default (minor i know)

And the injured and hand inventory icons are annoying stuck on the middle of the screen when in middle of fire fight, especially when scroll wheel right click to remove them and they keep reappearing.

I think thats about it for me :D

not being able to use the bipod that was modeled into the game.

Trying to use any attack helicopter as the gunner when you have a pilot, since the aiming screen flips out and twitches all over the freakin place.

The AI still doesn't disengage when you tell them.