Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

C130 finally released

Any chance that the c130 could carry tanks or atleast 2 hummers? I know that its not real and it takes Galaxies to do it, but now atleast we have C130 could we make that be a air transporter?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gunship [OFP-ZONE] @ Sep. 10 2002,22:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">New C-130 Update!

You can download Adammos latest version of the C-10 on http://www.ofp-zone.de

Remember version on ofp.info or so on are old version this is the new on its only 15 minutes old ;o)

800 kb image<span id='postcolor'>

Isn't that the same version 1a that has the sound bug? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote (Gunship [OFP-ZONE] @ Sep. 10 2002,22:16)

New C-130 Update!

You can download Adammos latest version of the C-10 on http://www.ofp-zone.de

Remember version on ofp.info or so on are old version this is the new on its only 15 minutes old ;o)

800 kb image

Isn't that the same version 1a that has the sound bug?  

<span id='postcolor'>

yes the same model name but the one located on their site has been updated.  I didnt want to create a new model just to fix the sound bug.  check the README file.. at the top it will have new info if the model has the sound bug fixed.

it will say the following:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

9/10/02 MAJOR LOD improvements... I think you will be much happer with this one..all LODS are now textured and looks good even up to 5000 view

<span id='postcolor'>

Also the LODS are fixed so that it looks MUCH better from a distance!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chill @ Sep. 11 2002,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any chance that the c130 could carry tanks or atleast 2 hummers? I know that its not real and it takes Galaxies to do it, but now atleast we have C130 could we make that be a air transporter?<span id='postcolor'>

The C-130 can carry M-113's, Hummers and jeeps.

There is a drawing at http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/c-130.htm showing the C-130 carrying 3 Hummer-sized vehicles. I also know that the C-130 carries and airdrops the M-113. I am pretty sure i've also seen a picture of a C-130 loading both a M-113 and a jeep-sized vehicle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 09 2002,22:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Sep. 09 2002,21:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my photoshop won't open it. what program do i need to get it to open?<span id='postcolor'>

You need to convert the .pac and .paa to tga format. You do it with the TexView program available from the downloads section of this site.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Isn't PhotoShop 7.0 expensive?  I wish I had the money to buy me a copy.  Maybe I can get PhotoShop Elements 2.0 for now.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, it is bloody expensive. Luckily I got a license for free from my university. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

denior, Iam having trouble with textview, when I goto "save as" and pick the option "all files" and type .tga after the filename it saves it undersomething weird like cammo.tga.paa;ppa

or something weird like that. how can I save it as a tga and open it in photoshop? (campus license aswell)

Adammo,

Is the sounds really from a C130? It doesnt sound like one to me. Sounds more like an older WW2 bomber. I can probably get you a genuine soundclip if you want.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Sep. 12 2002,08:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try removing .paa;ppa from the filename leaving only .tga, not sure if this helps.<span id='postcolor'>

Ive tried that, and it wont work, it wont even re-open in textview saying its corrupt :/

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Sep. 13 2002,10:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Adammo,

Is the sounds really from a C130? It doesnt sound like one to me. Sounds more like an older WW2 bomber. I can probably get you a genuine soundclip if you want.<span id='postcolor'>

well she is a prop plane.

Can someone post an alternative mirror for the fixed 1a version, ofp-zone.de seems to be down sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 13 2002,16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can someone post an alternative mirror for the fixed 1a version, ofp-zone.de seems to be down sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Herc at OFP CZ

Regarding sounds...

the Herk is powered by turboprops. which sound very similar to jet engines (in fact it is a jet turbine with just a Propellor)

and max speed is 620 Km/h not 450...

Falcon 4.0 has a good sound for that...in wave format.

...just swap files

Adammo, what are the positions for the cockpit crew. I keep trying to put AI in those slots so I can start out in the back, but I keep ending up in the from in co-pilot set. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beagle @ Sep. 13 2002,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Regarding sounds...

the Herk is powered by turboprops. which sound very similar to jet engines (in fact it is a jet turbine with just a Propellor)

...just swap files<span id='postcolor'>

C130s sometimes buzz my home and they don't sound at all like a jet. C130s have a very unique sound. it sounds more like a very low and very loud "Buzzing" sound. only way i can give a comparable example is if anybody is a UT player and has the hovercraft domination level.

I am currently about halfway done a USAF C-130.  It is the standard gray scheme (I realize it sounds boring, but it actually looks good smile.gif ).  I will probably do the green camo version next.  

Adammo, do I have permission to release this on completion?  Do I just need to credit you in the readme?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Sep. 15 2002,12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beagle @ Sep. 13 2002,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Regarding sounds...

C130s sometimes buzz my home and they don't sound at all like a jet. C130s have a very unique sound. it sounds more like a very low and very loud "Buzzing" sound. only way i can give a comparable example is if anybody is a UT player and has the hovercraft domination level.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree... but you can hear the "jet" whine of the engines if you're close to them. To me they sound more like old WWII bombers when they fly overhead. In otherwords they got a lovely droning sound to them. Very cool sounding.

The closest sound I've heard is the one used in Marcel's WWII C-47 cargo plane addon. I inserted that one into Adammo's C130.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Sep. 16 2002,16:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Sep. 15 2002,12wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Beagle @ Sep. 13 2002,21:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Regarding sounds...

C130s sometimes buzz my home and they don't sound at all like a jet. C130s have a very unique sound. it sounds more like a very low and very loud "Buzzing" sound. only way i can give a comparable example is if anybody is a UT player and has the hovercraft domination level.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree...  but you can hear the "jet" whine of the engines if you're close to them.   To me they sound more like old WWII bombers when  they fly overhead.   In otherwords they got a lovely droning sound to them.   Very cool sounding.  

The closest sound I've heard is the one used in Marcel's WWII C-47 cargo plane addon.  I inserted that one into Adammo's C130.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

actually its just the opposite for me, i can only hear the faint noise of a jet when its at a distance.

I think the sound I found is pretty close, from what I remember. Any comments on that wav Miles, Red Oct, Beagle?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am currently about halfway done a USAF C-130. It is the standard gray scheme (I realize it sounds boring, but it actually looks good ). I will probably do the green camo version next.

Adammo, do I have permission to release this on completion? Do I just need to credit you in the readme? <span id='postcolor'>

You have my permission i fyou change the name of the file from c130v1a.pbo to what ever ou want to call it.. I would prefer that you addon didnt overwrite mine on people's machines.. diff addons named the same thing can cause all kinda of havoc.

Please rename the "file name" and also the "title" of the c130 so that they can co-exist without conflict.

Thanks,

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Sep. 16 2002,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the sound I found is pretty close, from what I remember.  Any comments on that wav Miles, Red Oct, Beagle?<span id='postcolor'>

I think it sounded fairly decent. However the tough part is looping it properly in the cpp file. That's a major pain in the ass to get the right pitch and to get it to loop well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Sep. 17 2002,18:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have my permission i fyou change the name of the file from c130v1a.pbo to what ever ou want to call it.. I would prefer that you addon didnt overwrite mine on people's machines.. diff addons named the same thing can cause all kinda of havoc.

Please rename the "file name" and also the "title" of the c130 so that they can co-exist without conflict.

Thanks,

Capt Moore<span id='postcolor'>

I'm assuming that by file name you mean the .pbo name, but which name is the "title" name? Is that a name in the cpp file?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>