Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

C130 finally released

This might happen if:

1. I was paid, or paid for quality

2. I was an artist

3. I wanted to spend another few months on it getting everyting perfect.

4. I didn't care if you guys waited another few months to play it.

but since non of these are true :)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Sep. 05 2002,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This might happen if:

1. I was paid, or paid for quality

2. I was an artist

3. I wanted to spend another few months on it getting everyting perfect.

4. I didn't care if you guys waited another few months to play it.

but since non of these are true smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

This will happen...

1. I would pay you for quality

2. I would force you to be educated as an artist

3. I would get you fired from your job, so you can spend time on it.

4. YES YOU DO CARE!

biggrin.gif

Some might already know.. but if you use the XML page that uses a LOGO the LOGO is displayed on the side of the cockpit just behind the windows on both sides.

The location is based on a real c130 logo location.

Mine has a sweet looking Special Forces symbol.

It is a little small though. Wouldnt it be fairly easy to scale it up? biggrin.gif

As for textures, all you really need to do is reduce the size of your 'panel lines' and it would look better.

But hey, I am not a modeller, so I have no idea how easy this stuff is or isnt. But it is cool smile.gif

Oxygen doesnt have a scale to measure the actual feet of a model like 3dsmax does.

So its a best effort guess.

Based on the hundreds of C130 pics that I have, the scale looked good to me.

Also I used 6 beta testers and this was never an issue.  Another issue is the bigger I make it the less likely you will never be able to turn it.  the turing radius is already BAD.  but the AI can manage to turn it and get it on the taxi ways after a landing.  I even have to do a little cheating on the model just so that it won't get snagged on trees that are WAY to close to the taxi lanes..  in a real airport I think that the trees next to the taxi ways would have been clrd. especially for the bigger planes.

Anyway.. if the plane was any bigger then it is now you wouldn't be able to taxi it at all and it would never make it down some of the taxi ways.

Capt Moore

in OFP, airstips are minimized. in RL, it would be way longer than what we have. so i think Adammo had to adjust a bit.

great job Adammo. smile.gif

I wonder if they are going to make and AC-130?

Man, now I can happily scream out "C-130 rollin' down the strip / 64 SEALS on a one-way trip / Mission Top Secret, destination unknown / We don't know if we're ever coming home / When my plane gets up so high / Airborne troopers gonna dance in the sky" at my monitor and not feel as weird.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Sep. 06 2002,00:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man, now I can happily scream out "C-130 rollin' down the strip / 64 SEALS on a one-way trip / Mission Top Secret, destination unknown / We don't know if we're ever coming home / When my plane gets up so high / Airborne troopers gonna dance in the sky" at my monitor and not feel as weird.<span id='postcolor'>

SEALs? LOL! We sang the same cadence in the Army, but not about SEALs. smile.gif

"...and if my chute don't open wide. I gotta reserve by my side. And if that chute should fail me too, look out below I'm a coming through! Shoot...shoot...shoot to kill drive on!

AIRBORNE!!!"

Huaaah!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

if an AC130 was ever make it would only have 1 gun on it.

because of the limitations of the current engine.. so whats the point?

also I was unable to get the "gunner position" to work.. so there is a possibility that there is no GUNNER for fixed wing aircraft...

Because of these factors I think it would make an AC130 very hard to fly and shoot and hit anything. (all with one gun hanging out the side)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 06 2002,00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in OFP, airstips are minimized. in RL, it would be way longer than what we have. so i think Adammo had to adjust a bit.

great job Adammo.  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I can see that smile.gif

I am not really complaining..it just seems really small compared to the real thing. I've walked around a few in my time...

I cant wait to see one in a user mission where the whole team jumps from one smile.gif

I did some little retexturing for myself. Nothign special and done in a hurry:

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

c4.jpg

ack! upload that reskinned version! its quite nice, and even more baffling seeing how you did it in such a short time period!

if Adammo doesnt object, Id love to download it! please? *sniff* ill just be that much more depressed if I cant use that version!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oxygen doesnt have a scale to measure the actual feet of a model like 3dsmax does.

So its a best effort guess.

<span id='postcolor'>

the gridlines in o2 are spaced at one meter adammo.

good work on the c130 man, i know how hard it can be..:)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adviss @ Sep. 06 2002,04:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ack! upload that reskinned version! its quite nice, and even more baffling seeing how you did it in such a short time period!

if Adammo doesnt object, Id love to download it! please? *sniff* ill just be that much more depressed if I cant use that version!<span id='postcolor'>

It is not mine to give out. If Addamo wants the skin or wants me to post the skinned version, he can PM me about it. smile.gif

c5.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Espectro Posted on Sep. 06 2002,09wow.gif4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry m8 about giving people the URL

/me ashamed <span id='postcolor'>

I share the blame, Espectro. Shouldn't have started this.

Sorry Adammo. And compliments for the Herc, I love it!

wow i really like the reskin too..

if you want. send me the reskin.. I can take it and make a c130v1a.pbo file.. so that either or both can be used in the same mission.

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Sep. 06 2002,11:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow i really like the reskin too..<span id='postcolor'>

Me, too! smile.gif

OFP CZ commented on your original ones: "Textures are weird". Definitely needs improvement.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Sep. 06 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow i really like the reskin too..

if you want. send me the reskin.. I can take it and make a c130v1a.pbo file.. so that either or both can be used in the same mission.

Capt Moore<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, be cool to have both versions in one pbo. smile.gif

For a quick job that is awesome Denoir !

You got a 10 man reskinningteam there ? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Sep. 06 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow i really like the reskin too..

However does the reskinned version have to have those national symbols (aren't those the Swedish Airforce symbols?). I prefer it actually with no flags or symbols on it that way anyone can use it with any Western Army. Those skins with the flags should be reserved for mods for those countries in my opinion.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Sep. 06 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adammo @ Sep. 06 2002,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow i really like the reskin too..

However does the reskinned version have to have those national symbols (aren't those the Swedish Airforce symbols?).  I prefer it actually with no flags or symbols on it that way anyone can use it with any Western Army.  Those skins with the flags should be reserved for mods for those countries in my opinion.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

You can always make the mission with the stole swedish herc