Sign in to follow this  
Adammo

C130 finally released

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know that, but you don't need to use the cfgmodels routine because your c-130 has no weapons and hence no muzzle flashes that could give problems. Making a 1.46 version took me less than a minute (just change the version number and delete the cfgmodels part) and it works perfectly, so why don't you release it for 1.46? There are lot's of people without resistance who would like to use your plane. <span id='postcolor'>

Apparently you dont under stand what the cfgmodels subroutine does.  It allows textures to change, example muzzle flash is just a texture change.  Also the props on an aircraft when spinning up and changing to BLUR is also a texture change.. the cfgmodels is needed for this texture change to work properly.  People just refer to the issue as a muzzle flash.. but it really has nothing to do with muzzle flash that just how it was identified first .. and yes the c130 has texture change from spinning props to blur props.. so it would effect it and it does need it.  btw if you make the change to 1.46 I won't support it and fix it.. so you guys are on your own. its worth the money to buy resistance. I know some people didnt upgrade because they had pirate copies .. that that is their problem. But for you legit users I suggest upgrading.. the netcode is WAY worth it..

Capt Moore

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Question: does anyone know what kind of hardware the gunship versions (AC-130A, AC-130E, AC-130H, & AC-130U) pack? <span id='postcolor'>

All your answers are here at FAS.org

-=Die Alive=-

Hey thanks for the explanation! The guy who told me about the cfgmodels routine said that it fixed only the muzzle flash, not all texture changes.

I know resistance is worth the money, but i spent all my money on a Geforce 4 and i won't get resistance until October. Surely lots of guys can't get resistance for various reasons but they would love to use your c-130, so if you give permission i can post the modified cpp. I remember that when you released your little birds some guy posted a modified cpp for them too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 06 2002,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([76]Chavez @ Sep. 06 2002,18:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These are very very good skins, hope they gonna be released  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The first one will be released. It is up to Addamo when.

The second one is incomplete and needs more work. The colors on the wings don't match the fuselage and I also have to remove the projection of the engines and shadows from the fuselage:

c15.jpg

c16.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Thats a nice screenshot smile.gif you a professional photographer?

Hi i love your texture work Denoir. I have a small request, can you make USAF C-130 textures Iv'e posted a link to a pic. BEWARE ITS 110K! Basicly just texture it grey with the USAF markings on it. Try to make it the same shade of grey as in the picture. USAF C-130 PICTURE BEWARE OVER 110K!

Still no download link for that great textured C130 wow.gif

sad.gif

What s going on !!!!!

Well, now i have this f*cking Resistance biggrin.gif. I'm ready for download all add-ons compatible with 1.75 biggrin.gif. But... Sure, where is this nice textures for C130 ? Maybe we must wait beacuse this plane is should be remaked ? I think about configuration upgrade.

Can someone post pics of it at night (i'm at work here and going to happy hour afterwards smile.gif ) I would like to see it at night, if those blinking red and green lights look cool.

Does anyone know for a fact how fast a plane load of paratroopers can exit that plane? I mean, it holds 40ish number of guys, but not all of them can run out at once (do they run out of the back door or side door?), so if 40ish guys would exit, it would take time to do so. Any help here?

-=Die Alive=-

The new c130 is completed with enhanded cockpit.. 3rd pilot seat and 4th nav station in the cockpit area. more round landing gear.

Also the new textures and I enlarged the c130 is mil spec size.

one waring!!! don't try taxiing it .. because you probably can't because of its size..

it works on the larger airports with no trees and buildings but you will see..

Capt Moore

*drool* i dont need to taxi anyho. release asap, and my life will be complete! ...for the next hour or so anyway smile.gif

that basically fixes any qualms I had with the original release, as well, so Ive got nothing more to say unless anyone finds out a way to put 105mm guns on that baby.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Sep. 06 2002,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whoa...<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice<span id='postcolor'>

Couldnt have said it better myself tounge.gif

it is my c130.. he was generous to host the download for me.

so for clarification.. the blue looking c130   c130v1a.pbo is mine and is official for me

Capt Moore

new credits have been added in the read me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shernt250 @ Sep. 06 2002,20:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi i love your texture work Denoir. I have a small request, can you make USAF C-130 textures Iv'e posted a link to a pic. BEWARE ITS 110K! Basicly just texture it grey with the USAF markings on it. Try to make it the same shade of grey as in the picture. USAF C-130 PICTURE BEWARE OVER 110K!<span id='postcolor'>

No, I'd rather not. It is boring. I only did those two skins for fun smile.gif

Love the new Hercules. I can't seem to board the rear of the plane though (to sit in the back). Also, when the AI lands the plane at the Nogova airbase it retracts the landing gear AFTER landing, so the fuselage scrapes along the runway! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shernt250 @ Sep. 07 2002,01:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">please after all isn't the airforce the "taxi" for the army?<span id='postcolor'>

I wouldn't know. I have never been in the airforce or the army, especially not the US one. smile.gif

Now, if you would ask me to do a Swedish Amphibious Corps C-130 skin, I might consider it smile.gif

I would realy like a USAF skin for this C-130 ASAP. However after seeing your texture skills I would realy like you to do this not just for me but for the whole OFP Community. Go and read this post over again, there have been several request for USAF skins and more will follow knowing the OFP community. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (shernt250 @ Sep. 07 2002,01:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would realy like a USAF skin for this C-130 ASAP. However after seeing your texture skills I would realy like you to do this not just for me but for the whole OFP Community. Go and read this post over again, there have been several request for USAF skins and more will follow knowing the OFP community. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Moderating these forums and my work on the Chain of Command mod takes already more time then I am actually willing to invest in OFP. There are plenty of talented skinners in the community that can do a USAF skin. I never intended to release the skins I made now anyway - I made them as recreation for myself smile.gif

As I said, it was fun to do. Making an all grey plane is not very fun and having a USAF skinned plane means nothing to me smile.gif

I understand, but it would mean alot to my missions im making. Dealing with the differnt services in the US armed forces, all thats left now us the USAF and the US navy and it would mean alot to me and the comminity to have 1 now and not 3 weeks later. But if any good texture maker want to do 1 then fine! But all im saying is to have a good quality 1. And besides this would be a peace of cake for a texurer such as your self, and mind you this is just a small request, not a big hassle to do if your experienced. I would do this my self but i cant do jack in texturing iv'e tried it and failed badly! Im better a making missions than addons. But I still like the addons that people make and I still use them. wink.gif

Adammo, would you consider releasing an armed version in the future? (AC-130H spectre)

ac130a.jpg

ac-130h-DF-ST-88-02997.jpg

Also, would Denoir (or someone else) consider doing desert and winter reskins, to fit in with the various desert and winter islands?