Sign in to follow this  
LykosMactire

N-B U.S.M.C Project

Can we get some ALiVE compatability?

Its on its way in, whenever the next update releases (I pray I get what I want done soon to update it ASAP) I hope to bring that into the project, as it is a Must.

Yet again, for the god knows how many'th time, i am remaking the desert uniform, i found a marpat that looks very good in template and i hope looks even better in game

---------- Post added at 02:59 ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 ----------

also taking a go at recoloring the woodland, i find it too dark for A3

heres a link to a picture and i want a vote on what camo is better, now you gotta think, they turn out darker in game and are adjusted to match enviroments of A3

How i want the Votes to work

i will be taking a vote of 10 votes going like this

WOODLAND:1/2 (1 for old, 2 for new)

DESERT:1/2 (1 for old, 2 for new)

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad250/AngelWingGamingJacob/NBUSMCcamocomparisons_zpse20ee329.png

ps. the woodland prototype is personal choice IMO, as i just put it on a kuma next to the current on a kuma and it fit MUCH better on Altis, you can see the old woodland is too dark in the current build

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

I find the new camouflages look pretty good, so Ill vouch for them to be included in the mod. I did notice woodland in this mod looks rather dark compared to other mods. Perhaps we could have it a bit more lighter as to allow cross unit customization with other mods?

2 and 2, both look more like current marpat after its been washed several times. Which would make more sense anyways because typically your going to save your new ones for inspections and use your older more broken in ones for field ops and deployments, they tend to get a lot more comfy after they're faded out.

I like it. Have you guys considered using Massi's NATO pack vs RH pack? It has m249 amongst other Marine used weapons. Plus it has JSRS sounds, which are the only way to go imo :D.

Edit

Also, could you add backpacks to the units by default? If not, we're gonna have a bunch of the units running around without them in ALiVE.

Edited by Acoustic

I like it. Have you guys considered using Massi's NATO pack vs RH pack? It has m249 amongst other Marine used weapons. Plus it has JSRS sounds, which are the only way to go imo :D.

Edit

Also, could you add backpacks to the units by default? If not, we're gonna have a bunch of the units running around without them in ALiVE.

I do plan on default packs (siding towards kitbags cyote for Desert and winter, green for woodland)

i do not have any plans for Massi's pack as the RH M4 optics are all the true ones used by the corps (the ACOG in massi's pack is a old model i belive) and RH is adding JSRS compatibility at some point, and we are making most weapons other than the M4/16s, so Atin would need to modify the sounds to be JSRS compatible

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

I find the new camouflages look pretty good, so Ill vouch for them to be included in the mod. I did notice woodland in this mod looks rather dark compared to other mods. Perhaps we could have it a bit more lighter as to allow cross unit customization with other mods?

The new woodland should look brighter and also fit into the Altis scene better

EDIT: here is a picture of what washed out woodland looks like, id say its similar to the new

http://bimg2.mlstatic.com/mochila-ilbe-marpat-woodland-usmc-marca-propperarcteryx_MLC-F-3395015686_112012.jpg

Edit

Backpacks will be standardized; However in the future I plan on removing All dependancies. So in the future RH wont be needed so it can be a standalone addon. Massi isn't going to be used due to his inconsistencies and tendency to have some unrealistic ballistics on his munitions.

RH's Pack has some problems with the reload sound (everyone being able to hear it). The actual sounds are very sub par compared to JSRS. I am not trying to bash his work, I know he'd fix it....but he appears to be very busy at the moment. Complete no go on massis pack?

RH's Pack has some problems with the reload sound (everyone being able to hear it). The actual sounds are very sub par compared to JSRS. I am not trying to bash his work, I know he'd fix it....but he appears to be very busy at the moment. Complete no go on massis pack?

massi has the same problem with the sounds with everyone can hear it (its not a 100% chance thing on any mod, its just a server thing)

New screens on first post showing the units in their new camos plus the updated helmets and USAF JTAC for the A-10

heres a little teaser of the Platoon Commander Unit, with the Squad Leader unit to the right and a rifleman on the left

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244212446

and heres a picture of all 3 uniform variants for basic infantry

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244182547 (winter)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244182597(Desert)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244182656(Wood)

ETA on next update? Pretty excited for it.

Not at the moment, but one is planned soon enough and will include a NB_USMC bikey and signed pbo's as well as a showcase mission within the @NBUSMC -> Missions = Extract to your missions :D

ETA on next update? Pretty excited for it.

as atin said, and also you should remember no to ask for updates, i'll let it slide. But the progress is nice

ATTENTION

YES YOU

Do you want your name in our mods credits? Do you want to help get some updates pushed out?

You do?! Well we need Voice actors! I am currently accepting applications [link provided] to become a voice actor for the NB_USMC Campaign!

Acekiler45 your application was received with NO WAY to contact you, Reapply or be passed over.

sorry about that it should be fixed now

Thank you. Your application is being processed.

We have added a new faction in honor of the campaign, the blue helmets of peace, the United Nations, screens will come within the next few days

Edit: heres a list of vehicles and nationalities the vehicles are from

Warrior IFV(mora)-UK

AW159 Wildcat(hellcat)-UK

Otokar Arma(Marid)-Turkey

Leopard 2a7 (Kuma)-Germany

Fennek (strider)-Germany & Netherlands

I can put in a voice acting application when I get home and if I find that my mic isn't bad (my new one is pretty nice (I guess: I'm no audiophile) but I'm not sure what standards you guys have.)

I can put in a voice acting application when I get home and if I find that my mic isn't bad (my new one is pretty nice (I guess: I'm no audiophile) but I'm not sure what standards you guys have.)

Ok then, send Atin a message and he will PM you the application, if he approves the application he will ask for a voice recording (whether it be youtube video or a audio clip) and then, if that is good, we will find a role for you, so far we have filled a few roles but not all of them, some of the actors already claimed are

J. Burgess (me) as myself

B. Nunez (atin) as himself

T. williams (unit member) as himself

and i cant remember who the other guy is but he is AFAIK he will play a role involving the AAF

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Also here is a picture of the UN helmet

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469806264119053789/69B336DE6BB1860F462E626EAF07B0F61D24BE73/ (298 kB)

Ok then, send Atin a message and he will PM you the application, if he approves the application he will ask for a voice recording (whether it be youtube video or a audio clip) and then, if that is good, we will find a role for you, so far we have filled a few roles but not all of them, some of the actors already claimed are

J. Burgess (me) as myself

B. Nunez (atin) as himself

T. williams (unit member) as himself

and i cant remember who the other guy is but he is AFAIK he will play a role involving the AAF

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

Also here is a picture of the UN helmet

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/469806264119053789/69B336DE6BB1860F462E626EAF07B0F61D24BE73/ (298 kB)

Acekiller is the other actor so far, and he may not be AAF but U.N. instead.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Also I think the mod needs a new name, since the U.N. is bein added.

Application is in. I can provide samples starting in maybe thirty minutes.

Acekiller is the other actor so far, and he may not be AAF but U.N. instead.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Also I think the mod needs a new name, since the U.N. is bein added.

I say keep it as is, most mods dont change their name while adding new factions, example is Suddens Russians, it has terrorists in it,