Sign in to follow this  
LykosMactire

N-B U.S.M.C Project

Just a little bit of extra info, the MH-60S Seahawk aka "knighthawk" is primarily used aboard amphibious assault ships as a SAR bird and to on occasion do things like VBSS and even Anti-tank/Anti-shipping work. I've seen them setup with everything from slick or just a pair of 240's all the way up to 8 hellfires on EFSS wings with a GAU-21 on some kinda swing mount in the cargo area. It is certainly safe to say they would play a role in any marine amphibious operations even though they are operated by navy personel and as such would rightfully deserve a place in your mod guys. Also on the CH-46, it has been pretty much completely phased out of service, there "might" be a active duty squadron or two still using them but they have for the most part been replaced by the osprey by now. Unless of course your going for a pre 2014'ish deal.

Edited by Odie0351

well you could have given me a heads up that they were not used, and you even said "the Seahawk is used by the USMC" so yea we both wronged

Bitch, I meant the fuckin chinook. I'm not a marine.

Just a little bit of extra info, the MH-60S Seahawk aka "knighthawk" is primarily used aboard amphibious assault ships as a SAR bird and to on occasion do things like VBSS and even Anti-tank/Anti-shipping work. I've seen them setup with everything from slick or just a pair of 240's all the way up to 8 hellfires on EFSS wings with a GAU-21 on some kinda swing mount in the cargo area. It is certainly safe to say they would play a role in any marine amphibious operations even though they are operated by navy personel and as such would rightfully deserve a place in your mod guys. Also on the CH-46, it has been pretty much completely phased out of service, there "might" be a active duty squadron or two still using them but they have for the most part been replaced by the osprey by now. Unless of course your going for a pre 2014'ish deal.

we are doing a mix of era, just doing what the people want

Bitch, I meant the fuckin chinook. I'm not a marine.

hate to butt in on your conversation guys but the Chinook is not used my the Marine Corps, or the Navy for that matter;)

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

Sweet! If you guys are bringing the Huey over would you consider replacing one of the miniguns with a GAU-21 50 Cal? Pretty much every time I ever saw them they were configured that way, I guess to give them a little more of a multirole capability. Also would you please add a version without rocket pods, maybe with M240s for door guns and a couple more cargo positions?

hate to butt in on your conversation guys but the Chinook is not used my the Marine Corps, or the Navy for that matter;)

---------- Post added at 23:46 ---------- Previous post was at 23:40 ----------

Sweet! If you guys are bringing the Huey over would you consider replacing one of the miniguns with a GAU-21 50 Cal? Pretty much every time I ever saw them they were configured that way, I guess to give them a little more of a multirole capability. Also would you please add a version without rocket pods, maybe with M240s for door guns and a couple more cargo positions?

i can talk to him about that, and by chinook he ment a chinook-style, like the SeaKnight

Yes it is. The Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight is a Chinook helicopter used by the United States Marine Corps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CH-46_Sea_Knight

Yes it is. The Boeing Vertol CH-46 Sea Knight is a Chinook helicopter used by the United States Marine Corps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CH-46_Sea_Knight

Although both are tandem rotor designs and made by boeing, they are actually very different aircraft. The CH-46 Sea Knight is much smaller and doesn't have anywhere near the internal cargo capacity or lifting capabilities of the CH-47 Chinook as it is primarily used as a medium lift helicopter. Where as the Chinook, which is a heavy lift helo, can just about lift an entire rifle platoon, the Sea Knight can only lift a Squad sized element...contrary to Wikipedia's claim of a 24 troop cargo capacity. To my knowledge the only branch of the united states military which uses the Chinook is the Army. The Navy and Marine Corps heavy lift capabilities are provided by the H-53 series.

Although both are tandem rotor designs and made by boeing, they are actually very different aircraft. The CH-46 Sea Knight is much smaller and doesn't have anywhere near the internal cargo capacity or lifting capabilities of the CH-47 Chinook as it is primarily used as a medium lift helicopter. Where as the Chinook, which is a heavy lift helo, can just about lift an entire rifle platoon, the Sea Knight can only lift a Squad sized element...contrary to Wikipedia's claim of a 24 troop cargo capacity. To my knowledge the only branch of the united states military which uses the Chinook is the Army. The Navy and Marine Corps heavy lift capabilities are provided by the H-53 series.

exactly why thats coming too :3

I like that attitude. Its better to serve people what they want than having them asking for more.

I personally am not against adding the Knighthawk in, infact I thought the armed variants would be a great addition to the game.

Stubby wings with Hellfires

afcl.jpg

30mm cannon, I found here: http://www.aviationtrivia.info/Seahawk-Helicopter.php

RAMICS.jpg

Also the CH-46 just has to be added in. I mean its such an iconic craft for the Marines that's legacy's would never be forgotten.

And yes, a variant of the Huey with M2 50.cal MGs would be another great addition. :)

YES PLEASE! GAU-21 .50 is what ive wanting to see on a Huey since i joined the Community. I believe the left Door Gun is armed with GAU-21 .50 and Right is M134 Minigun, Also the CH46/CH53 are the same way but i think they are using 3 GAU-21s 2 Door Gunners and 1 Ramp Gunner. You guys would totally make my day if you did this.

Edited by Garverick

YES PLEASE! GAU-21 .50 is what ive wanting to see on a Huey since i joined the Community. I believe the left Door Gun is armed with GAU-21 .50 and Right is M134 Minigun, Also the CH46/CH53 are the same way but i think they are using 3 GAU-21s 2 Door Gunners and 1 Ramp Gunner. You guys would totally make my day if you did this.

Should be possible, as long as it is a proxy that is, and also there is one like that in the canadian armed forces mod you can use while you wait

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Also, Atin is focusing on the helis more than anything so an update may take a while

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

That's OK as long as he puts love into them and makes some sexy helis i'm patient enough to wait for em.

That's OK as long as he puts love into them and makes some sexy helis i'm patient enough to wait for em.

i already enhanced most of their textures from their A2 counterparts so they dont look as blurry and also more sharp and seem to fit in better, idk when i can but i will try to screen the CH46 and CH53 tonight using the original mod from A2 in A3 using setobjecttexture, so yea, hope it works although since its using A2 classes it wont fly atm

There may be a update soon, just depends on if Atin actually puts the stuff i just sent him yesterday in.

Get on it Atin! Lazy bum!

Just kidding. ;)

I admit, I am being lazy. But with school and all I need time to have my online life, and not always be working like I used to.

I admit, I am being lazy. But with school and all I need time to have my online life, and not always be working like I used to.

i understand Atin and its ok, i forgive you, just sometimes we need a kick in the nuts to wake us up from the deep sleep of modding breaks.

Finally got atin to work on a few things, unknown ETA on the next public update, i may consider relinking the dropbox so you have the stuff the ArmAHolic Link does not have (NATO vests and Force Recon). HAVOCs are still in the works config wise but here is a list of what needs to be worked on and no ETA

• Tanks (M1A1 Abrams) *may use Kuma temporarily*
  • Helicopters (UH-1Y, CH-53, CH-46) *may add in a temporary ghosthawk*
  • AlivE and MCC Full compatibility
  • Groups (Squads, Fireteams, Sniper teams, Ect.)
  • Weapons (M107 50. Cal., M39 EMR, M110, M240,)*May use Mk18 ABR ingame for the EMR and equip it to Force Recon Units, possibly retexture them for each enviroment (white for snow, black for wood, tan for desert*

i can say with pride i have taken a look at the winter MARPAT for the first time and it looks good, i have decided to relink the mediafire as a an update and shall appear within the day, it wont contain much more but the Units will look much better with the NATO vests. and also you get the FR guys

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (AtinAkiri) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

New update v0.9.1 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@nbusmc.png

@ AtinAkiri & AWJacob;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Notice: To match with the SixUpdaters @NBUSMC the dropbox is being updated and will its link changed; Due to a stupid mistake (by me) The Winter Infantry do not have helmets, that will be fixed tonight or tomorrow (hey guys, I have a life to :P)