Sign in to follow this  
LykosMactire

N-B U.S.M.C Project

Hi, i would wait for the FN Mk16/17 that HJohnson is working on, for use the Mk17 as the regular Marksmen weapon, but use the Mk12 is better than use the M14 DMR IMO. Let's C ya

Hi, i would wait for the FN Mk16/17 that HJohnson is working on, for use the Mk17 as the regular Marksmen weapon, but use the Mk12 is better than use the M14 DMR IMO. Let's C ya

You're gonna have to clarify what you mean by "regular marksman weapon" cause the Scars are only in service with special operations. The SAMR, M110, M82A3/M107, M39, and M40A5 are the rifles issued to marksmen and scout snipers.

Edited by LIMA_KILO

Update news

the private alpha is going to start sometime soon (next few days) for all members in the NATO Joint Operations Realism unit

on the MATV section, if i can get BI permissions i would replace the MATV unmanned turrets with the Humvee from ArmA II crows and also the armored turret, but i dont know who to ask

on the DMR section im going by partial A2 standards. like DMR for regular infantry while the MK12 is for SF

Update news

the private alpha is going to start sometime soon (next few days) for all members in the NATO Joint Operations Realism unit

on the MATV section, if i can get BI permissions i would replace the MATV unmanned turrets with the Humvee from ArmA II crows and also the armored turret, but i dont know who to ask

on the DMR section im going by partial A2 standards. like DMR for regular infantry while the MK12 is for SF

Didn't they release all the A2 models for public use with the Arma 2 samples or whatever?

Update news

Strive for realism brother! Do the Corps justice! :ok:

Edited by LIMA_KILO
Added Motivational Emoticon

Update news

Ask DnA

let Atin take this picture this time due to me being on a personal vacation to my girlfriends house

I am sending a message to DnA if i am positive Atin will know how to switch the turrets out

need to add the AAV-P7/A1 Assault Amphibious Vehicle. Get those marines to shore!

planned

you should go back to the drawing board man, not to be mean but those textures in your screens are trash. One thing about arma 3 is that its got a nice HD platform to work on, and these textures are A1 at best.

you should go back to the drawing board man, not to be mean but those textures in your screens are trash. One thing about arma 3 is that its got a nice HD platform to work on, and these textures are A1 at best.

theres a reason why this is a WIP. and also the textures look alot nicer in game than in screens, its just that im still a rookie and getting a good MARPAT setup is very hard to find that isnt effected by the A3 shadows and how it makes things work, IMO its the engine that causes the textures to look A1, but i will admit even if you said not to be mean i did take that very offensively, i had to redo the uniforms over 6 times.

"Trash" was a little harsh

True True man, wasn't being an ass just voicing criticism on the textures. Wasn't My intent to put you in the dirt or make you feel bad, more to get you to make them better.

Criticism is welcome; But insulting a texture on a WIP thread, meaning its subject to change, and has been changed about 7 times now, isn't welcome. We are well aware the textures screened aren't good as they are V1 Textures; We do NOT use those textures anymore.

True True man, wasn't being an ass just voicing criticism on the textures. Wasn't My intent to put you in the dirt or make you feel bad, more to get you to make them better.

Just be more careful dude, Plus my partner in modding atin is one of those guys whos like i need this done, and when hes got the stuff for that, before he can piece it together, oh i have to fix this, best example so far was the UPDATED woodland uniform, which right after i gave him the textures, which he knew were coming, he was busy working on the 1Z (although i have no problem with it, it owns stuff)

---------- Post added at 04:58 ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 ----------

also i will screen tonight some updated stuff for tomarrow (exept the helmets still need fixing, my computer is being bipolar with uploads to mediafire) *cough* Firewalls *Cough*

Just be more careful dude, Plus my partner in modding atin is one of those guys whos like i need this done, and when hes got the stuff for that, before he can piece it together, oh i have to fix this, best example so far was the UPDATED woodland uniform, which right after i gave him the textures, which he knew were coming, he was busy working on the 1Z (although i have no problem with it, it owns stuff)

---------- Post added at 04:58 ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 ----------

also i will screen tonight some updated stuff for tomarrow (exept the helmets still need fixing, my computer is being bipolar with uploads to mediafire) *cough* Firewalls *Cough*

The helmets and shiet will be sent with a updated AH-1Z and HOPEFULLY groups, the M27 IAR will wait until public alpha on the 1st since I've been more busy on the AH-1Z and am trying to get the amtrac to work, (failing.)

The helmets and shiet will be sent with a updated AH-1Z and HOPEFULLY groups, the M27 IAR will wait until public alpha on the 1st since I've been more busy on the AH-1Z and am trying to get the amtrac to work, (failing.)

i can understand that the Amtrac is failing, its a tracked vehicle which if im not mistaking thats not your strong suit

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

in other news:

Im holding off the screens so i can get better helmets from atin (Also going to toss a few ideas his way) and also the MATV with a manned gun WILL have to be held off because i received word that the BI devs can not give us the model at this point, but may happen in the future, near or far.

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

i simply quoted this for 2 reasons.

1 to get back on topic

and 2. i just noticed how many of those F***ers there are in that one area....*slowly taps fingertips together* soon, soon, the CSAT scum will die for what happened to TF Agis on stratis

the CSAT scum will die for what happened to TF Agis on stratis

And the bitch ass AAF...

And the bitch ass AAF...

Except Orestes and his boys, they good, they good.

Yea, and back on topic from out little anti CSAT and AAF riot.

Currently the AH-1Z is equipped with a unrealistic setup because atin is still learning to modify vehicular munitions but the plan is this

• 20-mm cannon from the Blackfoot
  • 2x AA Missiles (LR AA)
  • 8x Scapel ATGM (to represent Hellfires)
  • 42x DAR

and heres what we have now

• 30-mm cannon from kajman (because atin claims the 20 is too weak in game ATM, mainly because the HE are not really that HE)
  • 4x SR AA (AMRAMMS)
  • 8x Scapel ATGM (to represent Hellfires)
  • 24x DAGR AT

Is it not possible to port over ordnance from A2 like Hellfires and Sidewinders?

Is it not possible to port over ordnance from A2 like Hellfires and Sidewinders?

Not until I learn how to make my own ordnance.

you got to take note that me and atin are still very much rookies and we are trying to learn 20 things at once (me in particular is Map making)

you got to take note that me and atin are still very much rookies and we are trying to learn 20 things at once (me in particular is Map making)

Ok, don't mean to pressure you guys or anything like that I'm just curious and ask a lot of questions. And don't stress yourselves, you've got time.

Btw, nice trips Jacob.

Today; 27/1/14 at 20:22 the NATO Joint Operations Task Force Phoenix Closed alpha was launched.

Public alpha is planned for February 1st.