.kju

Community Upgrade Project

Are all ironsights the same as in A2?

Specifically curious about the RPG-7 myself, as it seems to never really be done properly.

I haven't modified existing iron sights. Some weapons didn't have any, so with I think two exceptions, I added iron sights to them. The camo'd M4's didn't have proper camo carrying handles so I added one of these to make up for that, others like the Arctic Warfare (and in fact most sniper rifles) didn't even have any in none of the versions included. Existing iron sights, OTOH, I didn't modify (yet).

;2778631']That´s a Titanic job Alwarren! Thanks a lot for the detailed work' date=' CUP is indeed the greatest initiative for this community![/quote']

You're welcome :) Took me around... let me see... around seven months on and off to convert all that stuff.

We still need help. We need people that can do some texture retouches to get things like shadows under the fire select levers removed. We need people that can do custom hand poses and animators than can do custom reload animations. If anybody is interested in helping out, see the first post on how to join.

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:33 ----------

i'm drooling over here :yay:

Careful, fluids in weapons may cause malfunctions ;)

I can donate the A2 clothes to your compilation. I'm not finished yet, but if you need stuff now, please contact me.

So far this has been finished

- A2 civilians

- A2 Arrowhead civilians (takistanis)

- A2 ChDkz clothes

- A2 some guerrila clothes

I'm going to check out the A2 CDF and guerilla clothes as well, but I can't promise anything yet.

Here's an update from me for now.

Looks awesome! Kudos to you Alwarren and every other guy/gal (?) working hard on this and other projects. Looking forward to play with it when done...

/KC

Jeezuz christ Alwarren, that looks beautiful! Can't wait to start using them!

I can donate the A2 clothes to your compilation. I'm not finished yet, but if you need stuff now, please contact me.

- A2 civilians

- A2 ChDkz clothes

I'm going to check out the A2 CDF and guerilla clothes as well, but I can't promise anything yet.

Woah!! You guys should really take him on the offer :cool:

Also, after RHS releases would it be feasible to make a mag compatibility patch so all the guns can use their mags?

I think that would be a pretty good idea, ASDG jr too

I will be taking some time in the next few weeks to start adding all of M1lkm8n's Jbad buildings he released HERE into CUP.

Check out some of the AMAZING work he's already completed:

Fire Station FULLY OPENED!:

I will go ahead and retexture it with the standard A2 textures as well, so both versions will be done (the red doors instead of blue for OA)

M1lkm8n also provided a sneak peak at his fully opened ATC Tower:

Subscribe to his Channel! and check out the other vids he has in there. LOTS of buildings finished already, not to mention the vast library of SMD buildings he did for Sahrani!

If anyone out there is a graphic designer/artist and would be willing to do some logo and channel art for CUP it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Legislator;2778663']I can donate the A2 clothes to your compilation. I'm not finished yet' date=' but if you need stuff now, please contact me.

- A2 civilians

- A2 ChDkz clothes

I'm going to check out the A2 CDF and guerilla clothes as well, but I can't promise anything yet.[/quote']

That would be really awesome and much appreciated (sorry, didn't see this post until now)

I began moving the optimized SMD Buildings last night. I got all of the SMD Buildings into the CUP namespace, and got started on the Jbad structures as well. Still have to update the SMD buildings to A3 which I will likely do today.

@Varanon:

No problem. How do you handle it with the classnames? Do you keep the original A2 classnames, do you aquire CUP classnames or do you take the classnames of the authors? Who is currently leading the project? I can only participate indirectly as I'd like create stuff for my mod and simply donate it to the guy who is in charge.

Legislator;2784176']@Varanon:

No problem. How do you handle it with the classnames? Do you keep the original A2 classnames' date=' do you aquire CUP classnames or do you take the classnames of the authors? Who is currently leading the project? [/quote']

No original class names, no. usually, we add a CUP_ prefix to the original class name, but it varies, sometimes, we also use more logical class names. There is the idea floating around to create class aliases for them that reflect the original name in some sort.

Kju is currently leading the project.

Will you guys be adding in uniforms/vests such as ArmA 2 usmc, us army, Russians, takistan army etc...

Will you guys be adding in uniforms/vests such as ArmA 2 usmc, us army, Russians, takistan army etc...

That's the plan, yes

A few more images as we are preparing for an initial release of the weapon pack:

(as usual, click for full-screen version)

AswY002s.jpgGtkRnhbs.jpg4gm2upps.jpg

A couple of insurgents preparing for an ambush

nq7fv5Js.jpglJ1lqWTs.jpg

The good guys on patrol

Note the SMAW on the left screenshot.

(Island is PR FATA. Awesome map)

Enjoy!

Great job, thanks for your continued hard work!

a few more images as we are preparing for an initial release of the weapon pack:

(as usual, click for full-screen version)

http://i.imgur.com/aswy002s.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/gtkrnhbs.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/4gm2upps.jpg

a couple of insurgents preparing for an ambush

http://i.imgur.com/nq7fv5js.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/lj1lqwts.jpg

the good guys on patrol

note the smaw on the left screenshot.

(island is pr fata. Awesome map)

enjoy!

woot~

This is looking great. Keep up the great work and I hope to see this released soon.

by the way ... anyone remembering these babies? http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Objects/compositions/

I'm going to take care of the compositions, starting with the A2 versions as I urgently need them for my missions. Missing objects will be ported over as well. I'm in contact with kju so I might be able to deliver the first work to him soon.

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Legislator;2796483']by the way ... anyone remembering these babies? http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Objects/compositions/

I'm going to take care of the compositions' date=' starting with the A2 versions as I urgently need them for my missions. Missing objects will be ported over as well. I'm in contact with kju so I might be able to deliver the first work to him soon.[/quote']

Wow, that looks like it could be really handy!

Will the pistols have recoil animation with muzzle flip like the Vanilla arma 3 ones? or the pistols from Robert Hammer ?

Legislator;2796483']by the way ... anyone remembering these babies? http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class151656165165341654165165165165f/A2/Objects/compositions/

I'm going to take care of the compositions' date=' starting with the A2 versions as I urgently need them for my missions. Missing objects will be ported over as well. I'm in contact with kju so I might be able to deliver the first work to him soon.[/quote']

Very nice, had you considered creating these so they could be ZEUS'd in ? Or alternatively ALiVE compatible ?