.kju

Community Upgrade Project

Legislator;2600214']Well' date=' once the project is big enough, I really hope there will be some kind of distribution cooperation between the modders. It wouldn't be nice for everyone to download 100 separate packages.[/quote']

i agree, maybe something like WARMOD from arma 2... that had like loads of little mods into 1

made things a lot less complicated

How are the anims coming for the Alwarren?

So far, I went with default anims. I had to do new hand anims since the weapons were not centered, but I'll do this step by step. First, go for working models with attachments removed etc. Then, start to improve. That way something usable comes out of it sooner, with upgrades later.

Same with attachments. The PSO uses the default view model from Arma II, later I'll make it a 3D scope. The Kobra sight is a real colimator already though since those are pretty trivial to do.

love the quality, finally some sharp and clean textures.

Textures are the same as the originals. I'm surprised actually how good the old girls still look in Arma 3, though.

Textures are the same as the originals. I'm surprised actually how good the old girls still look in Arma 3, though.

yep, i believe, because people were not allowed, to use arma 2 assets before, some used old A1 samples and textures on their addon,s and somehow it looked overcompressed, unbearble ugly. Arma 2 textures do look like beasts indeed!

---------- Post added at 02:44 ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 ----------

So far, I went with default anims. I had to do new hand anims since the weapons were not centered, but I'll do this step by step. First, go for working models with attachments removed etc. Then, start to improve. That way something usable comes out of it sooner, with upgrades later.

Same with attachments. The PSO uses the default view model from Arma II, later I'll make it a 3D scope. The Kobra sight is a real colimator already though since those are pretty trivial to do.

:-O 3D PSO scope, this was kinda my dream come true in arma at least.

yep, i believe, because people were not allowed, to use arma 2 assets before, some used old A1 samples and textures on their addon,s and somehow it looked overcompressed, unbearble ugly. Arma 2 textures do look like beasts indeed!

Ah, I see what you mean. Agreed, these look a good deal better.

:-O 3D PSO scope, this was kinda my dream come true in arma at least.

I wish 3D scopes weren't so much of a pain in the anus to get right. Not the modeling part, but getting the drop markers to be right takes ages, otherwise I would have done it already.

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

I wish 3D scopes weren't so much of a pain in the anus to get right. Not the modeling part, but getting the drop markers to be right takes ages, otherwise I would have done it already.

IMO, there's a lot of people out there that don't like the 3D sights and the inaccuracy/camera sway that comes with it.

Even if you do add 3D sights Could you also add a 2nd view point with the original 2D sights? (Or go with new 2D sight overlays like R3F and TMR has if you really want to upgrade it from the original black screen)

I wish 3D scopes weren't so much of a pain in the anus to get right.

"Painus" TM

Keep up the good work bro

So what happened to the idea of one big CO+? It's not happening anymore?

I personally would have loved that, but it seems like we're gonna have to go with A3MP and the upcoming Arma Samples mod. I just hope something becomes standard so we don't have to worry about which ones to use.

So what happened to the idea of one big CO+? It's not happening anymore?

I personally would have loved that, but it seems like we're gonna have to go with A3MP and the upcoming Arma Samples mod. I just hope something becomes standard so we don't have to worry about which ones to use.

Was there ever an idea for that?

I don't want to become all impatient, but how is this going to be released? Not so much as "modular" or one massive package (Please make it just split up in several PBOs, but require all of them, so at least there is some standard to use (Instead of everyone using their own modset). Will there be a initial release that will just have some things with more to be added further in the future? If so, is there a list of things that probably going to be in it (I'm guessing no, because those lists usually mean that people will become pissed of when there's something on the list that doesn't make it in the game).. Maybe a very safe list?

Progress has been slow for a couple of reasons:

1) Me having very little time to push this forward

2) Only a few modelers joined so far and very few donated models from already upgraded

3) AiA standalone not yet ready to integrate upgraded content and bring it to players

Once AiA SA is out, the idea is to publish an update every time something is ready from CUP. Does this help?

Almost done with the AK's, here is a couple new screens:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219403838

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219049063

All AK's and the RPK-74 have attachment points for Dovetail mounted optics and silencers.

Great stuff!

;2609924']

Once AiA SA is out' date=' the idea is to publish an update every time something is ready from CUP. Does this help?[/quote']

Personally I'm just gratefull you guys share it with the rest of us so whatever release schedule you decide is fine with me.

Wonder if the streetlights etc. now working in the stand alone version of AiA? If not is it still in the plan?

/KC

Unless some modder figures that out suddenly, we have to wait until BI provides us with documentation.

Stand alone AiA? Whats the point of it?

Seriously? Not everyone has Arma 2. Unbinarized files were just made available for use. Meaning you're not required to own Arma 2 to put that content in-game. Meaning you don't have to spend money on it if you don't own it. That's the whole point of A3MP, to bring the maps over. A Standalone AiA would be that, plus all the units, weapons, and vehicles, might even leave out the maps since A3MP already does that. Didn't think I had to explain this. Really hope you were being sarcastic.

After the release of the sample models I wished for something like this to happen. A great initiative and thanks to everyone working on this. I'm looking forward to see this in my A3 installation.

Once AiA SA is out, the idea is to publish an update every time something is ready from CUP. Does this help?

Helps a lot. Thanks for the answers. I tried figuring out exactly how CUP and AiA SA work together because I'd love to be able to use both (Especially because it seems like a solid base for lots of multiplayer fun). From what I understand AiA SA (Couldn't find anything on this really) is going to be direct ports to just get the released content working in A3, whereas CUP is going to focus more on upgrading the content?

From your answer I'm getting that AiA standalone will be the main mod and stuff that does get upgraded in the upgrade project then gets included in AiA SA? Sounds good.

Is Alduric part of this project? He ported the most things already, including maps, vehicles and weapons (A3MP and ASM). I think that idea of CO+ is really great and it should be possible and with Alduric help the only thing what is missing are units. I think it would be really great addition of high quality content in one package in Arma 3. And I would definitely help somehow, maybe another trailer? :D Please make this happen, fingers crossed!

Last time we spoke he wanted to remain separate unfortunately.

He put into a lot of effort porting vehicles and weapons already it seems, so I can understand his notion.

That said no doubt it would be better to have as many people as possible contribute to a shared base.

Have you considered making tutorials to allow people to join this project even without a lot of background knowledge on how to port stuff? I excuse if this already exists.