.kju

Community Upgrade Project

hi i heard you need people for this project i don't have any program or config skills but is there any way i can help? I think this is a really important project.

hi i heard you need people for this project i don't have any program or config skills but is there any way i can help? I think this is a really important project.

We generally need people with all sorts of experiences. One of the most basic skills you can bring along is playing the game, for testing the assets before they are released.

Besides the usual model and config work, we can also use people that simply insert the translation information: Currently, most developers just write an english name into the description fields, but usually, you'd use a language file. We need someone to clean up existing configs and insert, for example, display name and the short library text references into existing config files. This is work that can be done without any knowledge of config files, just common sense.

If all else fails, take a look around our webpage, wiki (including this page about the steps required to bring an Arma 2 model up to Arma 3 standards) and our forum and see if something there is something you can work on.

The Wiki home page also outlines how to join our chat.

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated. We want to pull through with this and make a comprehensive, full set of Arma 2 assets available.

So if you can help, join us. This is also a good opportunity for people that wat to get into modding but don't know where to start. We've got experienced modders that will be able to help you and put you on your track.

Guys, all the work you produce is of amazing quality and the overall contribution to A3's future is beyond comprehension. Keep up the great work, CUP team!

P.S. I wish I could join but the time shortage makes things really complicated.

I've just signed on at the forums and on the chat, I have a basic knowledge of editing, but I've never tried modifying configs.

I do however have a fair bit of time to spare for the next two months, so if you can find me something that doesn't require a great amount of skill, I can probably throw an hour or two at it a day.

I'll be on the chat tomorrow to introduce myself properly.

Hey guys, Just wanted to pop in and offer a donation of an updated Arma 1/2 model, texture and .rvmat I was working on, I'm no longer able to continue on with working on it due to other commitments.

Here's what it currently looks like (colour may vary, I'm using a lighting mod)

107410_2015_01_16_00005_by_zeealex-d8eu42l.png

107410_2015_01_16_00002_by_zeealex-d8eu41n.png

PM me if you're interested :P

Looks very nice, hopefully someone's interested in carrying it on ;)

Out of interest, what's the lighting mod you're using?

thanks! it's DM lights adds contrast and a bit of green at daylight and red at sunrise/sunset.