wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Thanks for the quick reply, but I think you're assuming that I'm making the mission.

I just want to enable saving on the missions that are already there.

For example, let's say I wanted to enable saving on the well-known mission "Dynamic Universal War System".

I tried to follow your steps, in which I open the .pbo file and open init.sqf

However, when I search for "enableSaving false;" I get no results.

Could it just be the specific mission giving me this problem, or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks again!

-Lewis1190

Hey Lewis, I might be able to help here. First off, by default Arma 3 MP missions (and probably including DUWS, as far as I know) have saving disabled. You need to ADD the enableSaving line to your init.sqf, even if it doesn't already exist. Just add a new line at the very bottom:

enableSaving [ true,  true  ];

Make sure that it is verbatim; the dreaded semicolon HAS to be there. That bit there will both enable saving and make the game autosave. If you don't want autosaving, just change the second "true" to "false." Good luck!

Gav - not sure you can using alive placed modules. They will spawn units as per the config.. you'd need someone to write that config for you. i.e. units in snow camo.

For manual placements just use LEA to dress them anyway you like - alternatively the spetsnaz or Uk SF had snow camo in it I think... - just not as a discreet unit config Alive will call on it's own.

LEA definitely works, I've got syrians running around with gas masks that LEA propagates

SJ

Yeah it was for the occupying forces, I have the scenario as Namalsk being a Russian training area, am using Caf_ag so have them in as eastern euro rebels but they look a little cold out there. Might see if there is some code I can drop into the init. Or edit the Caf_ag pack.

Gav

Is it possible to create a Battlefield esque form of gameplay where capturing and holding zones is the main objective (albeit in a more realistic way)? I tried creating an Invasion/Occupation type map, but the invaders only seemed to be half trying to follow objectives with most staying around their spawn area.

OPCOM will keep a reserve back and allocate some forces to defend captured objectives, but in Invasion mode they are indeed out to capture and hold objectives assigned by MP/MCP. There's no magic game notification telling you the current state because as you say, it's done in a more realistic way!

Yeah it was for the occupying forces, I have the scenario as Namalsk being a Russian training area, am using Caf_ag so have them in as eastern euro rebels but they look a little cold out there. Might see if there is some code I can drop into the init. Or edit the Caf_ag pack.

Gav

Why not raise a feature ticket - Allow an init code, specified as part of an existing module or indeed another module. That lets ALiVE run additional custom code on units it spawns in..

Might be possible.

Otherwise I don't think you can init them - unless you set to not profile

SJ

Is there a formal process or step by step guide that says how I can get custom addons to work with this mod?

Init on Profiled units might already be a ticket (can't recall and can check at work) - if not it's worth adding because it's often requested. I have no idea if it's technically possible with Profiles though - ArJay would have to answer that one.

Cheers friznit, if Gav doesn't do it for the glory I will step up to the plate :)

SJ

Does the xStream camera need to by synced to anything and how do you access it?

Is there a formal process or step by step guide that says how I can get custom addons to work with this mod?

Wiki has some info.. for more you should join the ALiVE public skype channel

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

Does the xStream camera need to by synced to anything and how do you access it?

I don't think that feature is working yet.

I try to make continuous custom task but don't know how

if anyone else can give me some link or help would be really appreciated

^ not sure what you mean by 'continuous custom task' - are you referring to the tasks assigned by the ALiVE system? If so there is no way currently to customize them.

Can I add custom loadouts to the spawned AI? i.e. add xmed med supplies and custom rifles.

Love this mod. Played with group for three hours on Bystrica. Awesome!!

I couldn't figure this out, but everytime I have installed any version of Alive, even if I allow manual saving with the module, I can't save the game while playing.

Can someone tell me how to fix it? Thanks.

I couldn't figure this out, but everytime I have installed any version of Alive, even if I allow manual saving with the module, I can't save the game while playing.

Can someone tell me how to fix it? Thanks.

Hey mate!

use enableSaving [true,true] in your init.sqf, but be aware it can cause out of mem crashes, thats why its disabled!

Also, please be informed persistence (aka MP save) is inbound! We just implemented the saviong codes in the corresponding buttons ;)

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated!

I'm currently having a weird issue in my alive-missions:

I've got two groups of playable units (a fireteam of 6 guys and a sniper/spotter-element). Each of the units gets a certain loadout on missionstart, if they are not actually played by a player, they get their gear via MPRespawn as an MPEventHandler. The respawn-templates are "Counter" and "MenuPosition". This is pretty much the regular structure of every of my missions - I've packed a bunch of scripts in there to deliver a gameplay as flexible as possible to my players.

But when I use my mission-template with Alive, the (non-played) AI units don't respawn on mission start. They're being removed directly after the player respawns (since RespawnOnStart is now forced on with MenuPosition). I've narrowed it down to Alive being the reason for my problems by now.

If I try my template on any other mission it works perfectly fine - the AI spawns together with the players, they get their gear, everything is fine. Only with Alive-missions it causes problems. My first assumption was that the profiling system was giving me a hard time. But I tried every combination possible: Disabling profiling of synced units and syncing my AI pals to the profile-module, or the other way round. But neither way worked.

Hi,

I've encountered an issue with my dedicated server when using ALiVE (or perhaps a combination of ALiVE and something else I've not discovered)... perhaps someone else has a solution or can verify I'm not crazy (with respect to this).

Here's the issue: I have a dedicated Windows server setup to persist when users disconnect (a.k.a. "Persistent Battlefield"). In the past, if I were the group leader and disconnected and left the mission (leaving AI group members, but no other human), all the group's AI would still exist upon my return.

I've tried many combinations of barebones missions (with a scaled down init.sqf and description.ext ... with the exception of the required respawn=BASE, minimal mods, etc.), along with combinations of BIS modules and/or ALiVE modules. It seems that when I use certain ALiVE modules (albeit I'm not sure which exactly), the editor-added AI unit in my group no longer exist. I do not sync the editor units with the profile module (and have the profile module set for non-editor units by default).

I'm am not sure if messages such as "Warning: Cleanup player - person xxx not found" or "!!!!!POS OUTSIDE GRID: [0,0,0]" offer any indication?

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks

It looks like both issues are related. Can you check this happens with No Profiles module placed at all to confirm whether it is indeed that module causing the issue? If my assumption proves correct we can log a bug report and look into it.

Incidentally, for all those asking about adding custom inits to Mil/Civ Placement and Profiled units, I have added a script snippet to the Wiki that might be a useful workaround. Please note that you will still need to know how to make a simple add gear script (or whatever it is you want to do) - there's plenty of guides out there for this kind of thing.

It looks like both issues are related. Can you check this happens with No Profiles module placed at all to confirm whether it is indeed that module causing the issue? If my assumption proves correct we can log a bug report and look into it.

Friznit2... I can confirm that there is no longer an issue when the profiles module is removed from the mission (using the configuration that was broken); i.e., when disconnecting and the reconnecting to the dedicated server, the AI units in the group are still there.

Please let me know if you'd like me to test something else.

Thanks!

Friznit2... I can confirm that there is no longer an issue when the profiles module is removed from the mission (using the configuration that was broken); i.e., when disconnecting and the reconnecting to the dedicated server, the AI units in the group are still there.

Please let me know if you'd like me to test something else.

Thanks!

Yeah, for me to. What he said. Removed the profiles-module and playable AI spawned again - but of course enemy AI didn't.

Cheers!

Can i call the nearest profiles(1km radius) to attack my group?

for example: if i attack a group in anywhere, the nearest enemy profiles move to my last known position.

if i use the "Custom OPCOM Objective script snippet" with a getposATL "my soldier" or player or anything around me, it's always attack my base not my position.

any idea, script in a trigger or something like this? Please help me.

I want to make OPCOM send OPFOR towards the BLUFOR players once they complete a certain task.

How do i accomplish this? Should OPCOM send them automatically to reinforce dead/missing units or do i need to sync the trigger to OPCOM or will i just make a reactionary force (unprofiled) to attack BLUFOR

* EDIT actually in hindsight, maybe a wiki page of tips and tricks would be cool... something like this only with more tips.... :)

G

Edited by GavC

Cheers!

Can i call the nearest profiles(1km radius) to attack my group?

for example: if i attack a group in anywhere, the nearest enemy profiles move to my last known position.

if i use the "Custom OPCOM Objective script snippet" with a getposATL "my soldier" or player or anything around me, it's always attack my base not my position.

any idea, script in a trigger or something like this? Please help me.

OPCOM forces will focus on assigned objectives and not necessarily engage enemy forces directly unless they happen to be in the way or threatening them directly. What you're asking for is an AI management routine, which ALiVE doesn't do. I suggest trying something like ASR_AI which has this sort of AI information sharing functionality.

GavC - This already happens for MP/MCP Objectives. If you have captured an objective that is assigned to the OPFOR OPCOM, and he has sufficient units remaining and/or can be reinforced, and he does not have a higher priority objective, then he will attempt to retake the objective.

If you mean a non-ALiVE task, then you could create a custom objective on top of your location using the addObjective function. However, the same caveats above apply - OPCOM still needs sufficient units to carry out the mission.

Pergor - Ref Profiles, there's some work going on with the Profiles System at the moment. I'll ask the team if this will have any effect on your issue in the next release. Otherwise please log a bug report on our tracker and we'll look at it.

To go along with the Operations Timeline in the War Room Operation Maps, we have now added the Kill Trajectories.

You can now see where the enemy you killed was, and where you killed them from indicated by markers and an animated trajectory.

Note: We have not added all of the in game supported maps yet as this takes some time for them to be created.