wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Hey Guys,

Ive the following problem regarding a Military Civilian Placement module. Ive getting all the time a message saying that i dont have military locations inside the civilian TAOR. For that reason is not detecting nor filling a concrete towns in altis. Is the first time that Ive this problem.

Do you know why? Does the MCP need to have military locations inside the TAOR?

Dude, thats old. It has been fixed in the last hotfix.

Really? Got a mission you can share? Because all I see is it being fixed in DEV version, scheduled for release 0.6.

Sebj, the perf binary has a different build number as latest hotfix, though the indexes should be the same. Im looking into this!

Thanks for you help highhead.

I'll wait your feedback for the perf binary so.

ALiVE New missions added! Insurgency ALiVE, AS Alamo, and the Scavengers

Insurgency ALiVE

This is an Insurgency template based on the ALiVE-mod. Based on the classic A2 Insurgency, find intel and destroy weapons caches. Offered to the ArmA 3 community as a template to fit your (community's) ArmA 3 needs. Easy to adapt to any map, feel free to edit!

AS Alamo

This mission shows some handy things for scripters working with ALiVE, custom blacklists, custom location spawn script. Features Aggressors from CAF, and AIS Wounding System from [TcB]-Psycho, and custom scripted radio messages

The Scavengers

Scavenge weapons and vehicles to continue the resistance! You start with a pistol and very limited supplies, can you gather the resources to survive in a hostile land?

Might have missed it, is there anyway to disable the Alt-T teleport for non admin players... ?

SJ

Hey Guys,

Ive the following problem regarding a Military Civilian Placement module. Ive getting all the time a message saying that i dont have military locations inside the civilian TAOR. For that reason is not detecting nor filling a concrete towns in altis. Is the first time that Ive this problem.

Any idea here¿¿??

Great work! How can i save the game while in multiplayer?

At the moment you cannot.

Hey Guys,

If it's a military placement module then yes there need to be mil locatoins within the TAOR. Civilian placement module needs to find a civilian location. If you are getting that error check to make sure it's a civ module you are using and perhaps make the TAOR a big larger so it detects something.

Might have missed it, is there anyway to disable the Alt-T teleport for non admin players... ?

SJ

This is the first I've heard of this... are you sure there isn't some leftover debug stuff in the player's init?

**NOTE** If you are using TFR mod with ALiVE please read this:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php?title=Combat_Support

Edited by SavageCDN

Ok! I have been messing around following the insurgency tutorial on YT. Really great tool and thanks for bring it to the community.

My issue is though! The Combat support module.

I place a unit on the map, assign him a laser designator, place the CS module on the map and placed a CAS module, Combat Transport mod, and Arty mod on the map, synced these with the CS module.

Assigned my custom user 20 key to the app menu key. Restarted the game.

I then go in mission and nothing happens EVERYTIME I press that key. I even have my Custom user key assigned to a joystick button and nothing happens with that either.

Whats wrong here?

Ok! I have been messing around following the insurgency tutorial on YT. Really great tool and thanks for bring it to the community.

I place a unit on the map, assign him a laser designator, place the CS module on the map and placed a CAS module, Combat Transport mod, and Arty mod on the map, synced these with the CS module.

I then go in mission and nothing happens EVERYTIME I press that key. I even have my Custom user key assigned to a joystick button and nothing happens with that either.

Whats wrong here?

Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat. Checked the website wiki and couldn't find anything as far as keybinds used with this system. I inquired about the Custom User Key on the insurgency tutorial. I saw you posted about #20, tried it to my left win key (my previous keyboard had 2 win keys and 1 apps key, now I only have 1 win key), and no go. I know the bind key works, because I also use the same key and bind # for the kick-ass Apache that we can somewhat use in ArmA 3. I checked and made sure I had the whole this addWeapon "laserdesignator"; for my TL as well and still no go. I'm sure I'm missing something that's right in front of my stupid nose, but it's nice to see I'm not alone with this issue at the moment, haha.

Whats wrong here?

App Key is the default and does need to be set as a custom key, a custom key only needs to be set if you do not have an app key on your keyboard.

Yeah I'm sort of in the same boat. Checked the website wiki and couldn't find anything as far as keybinds used with this system. I inquired about the Custom User Key on the insurgency tutorial. I saw you posted about #20, tried it to my left win key (my previous keyboard had 2 win keys and 1 apps key, now I only have 1 win key), and no go. I know the bind key works, because I also use the same key and bind # for the kick-ass Apache that we can somewhat use in ArmA 3. I checked and made sure I had the whole this addWeapon "laserdesignator"; for my TL as well and still no go. I'm sure I'm missing something that's right in front of my stupid nose, but it's nice to see I'm not alone with this issue at the moment, haha.

Ensure that you have restarted ArmA, once restarted check that the custom key is still set to what you wanted before starting the mission and that you are using the same profile each time.

I have tested this myself and not had any issues, I am also aware of other users that this does work for.

Ensure that you have restarted ArmA, once restarted check that the custom key is still set to what you wanted before starting the mission and that you are using the same profile each time.

I have tested this myself and not had any issues, I am also aware of other users that this does work for.

I've done this and still nothing! On the youtube video the Laser designator is a different model to the default A3 one, is this the issue I wonder? otherwise I am at a loss as to WTF is going on here.

I've even reDl'd the mod and mad sure it was current, restarted countless times making sure the keys are staying put, I was given another "alive" mission by a fellow mission maker "who" had his working. Something is definitely wrong because it doesn't work when I try it and I hadn't even adjusted anything from his mission.

Edited by SpookyGnu

This is the first I've heard of this... are you sure there isn't some leftover debug stuff in the player's init?

Positive. Init is very clean.

I keep the Admin actions all turned on to yes on the admin module but that's it.

TBH I thought this was a feature ? It's always worked for any of the maps me or the others in the clan have built ?

SJ

This is taking the piss now! your tutorials need some work I can say that for sure.

I believe I have to place an individual Combat support module on the map and then sync that to each individual support module I want. But I placed a 3 Arty modules on the map, on of which was for mortars, the the others for artillery. They come up in two different tabs on the UI. I also placed a two more Combat Support module on the map, one was synced to a transport module and the other to a CAS module. All I was getting was CAS which I don't want. What I should have is one for mortars, one for arty, one for CAS and one for transport. I'm getting abit pissed now, because I've been at this all bloody day and just when I think I'm getting somewhere, something else goes wrong.

Seriously, can you get your tutorials sorted out and give better descriptions on using multiple combat support instead of just one.

Positive. Init is very clean.

I keep the Admin actions all turned on to yes on the admin module but that's it.

TBH I thought this was a feature ? It's always worked for any of the maps me or the others in the clan have built ?

SJ

I've never used Alt-T as a key combo to teleport always through the ALiVE menu or by adding onmapsingleclick stuff to player's init... not sure what would be causing that..

This is taking the piss now! your tutorials need some work I can say that for sure.

I believe I have to place an individual Combat support module on the map and then sync that to each individual support module I want. But I placed a 3 Arty modules on the map, on of which was for mortars, the the others for artillery. They come up in two different tabs on the UI. I also placed a two more Combat Support module on the map, one was synced to a transport module and the other to a CAS module. All I was getting was CAS which I don't want. What I should have is one for mortars, one for arty, one for CAS and one for transport. I'm getting abit pissed now, because I've been at this all bloody day and just when I think I'm getting somewhere, something else goes wrong.

Seriously, can you get your tutorials sorted out and give better descriptions on using multiple combat support instead of just one.

I'd counter with your attitude needs some work but then I'd be speaking the truth. We'll get on those tutorials as soon as the time-consuming work provided to you at no charge finishes up.

Please make sure you only have ONE Combat Support module on the map.

From the wiki:

"CS automatically detects which side the unit belongs to and will only make it available for use by units friendly to that side. You only need a single main CS module."

Edited by SavageCDN

I'm so sorry that the MOD, Tutorials, WIKI, Website etc that we give up our little spare time that we have to create for the community, and that you don't pay a single thing for, turns you into a an ungrateful, abusive individual that seems to not be able to read the information supplied.

I'd counter with your attitude needs some work but then I'd be speaking the truth. We'll get on those tutorials as soon as the time-consuming work provided to you at no charge finishes up.

Please make sure you only have ONE Combat Support module on the map.

From the wiki:

"CS automatically detects which side the unit belongs to and will only make it available for use by units friendly to that side. You only need a single main CS module."

yeah you can speak the truth and I don't care tbh, when I've been trying to sort this out all bloody day, with lack of information on the tutorials. And you finally have to say, make sure there is ONE on the map. That isn't clarified anyway before your statement, if I'm aware.

Anyway, I've sorted it now, with help from someone who didn't even make the alive mod. I'm done complaining and spending the best part of my whole day trying to get it working how it should.

Btw one last thing! THANKS!

We've all had one of those days Spooky, please be patient :D

May peace be on you all... and WAR with Arma 3 and ALiVE. :)

Just a quick update to let you all know, we shipped War Room to the closed testers yesterday. Some bugs to squash, but I believe they are enjoying this new evolving element to ALiVE.

yeah you can speak the truth and I don't care tbh, when I've been trying to sort this out all bloody day, with lack of information on the tutorials. And you finally have to say, make sure there is ONE on the map. That isn't clarified anyway before your statement, if I'm aware.

Anyway, I've sorted it now, with help from someone who didn't even make the alive mod. I'm done complaining and spending the best part of my whole day trying to get it working how it should.

Btw one last thing! THANKS!

Please check my post history then come back with complaints about lack of help. You'll notice that if the person asking does not do it in a way that makes him/her sound like an asshole I'm a pretty helpful guy.

If you like please share with us how you fixed your problem, so that others can benefit from the knowlege.

just report his post and move on...

I found your "simple mission tout" on youtube to be SUPERB!!! it was very informative and straight forward. Since it was broken down in to sections focusing on specific modules it was easy to go to a specific video if i had a question. If I haven't said it yet this MOD is awesome and I haven't stopped using it since its release.

I'm not saying there is lack of help on the forum, I was more concerned about the lack of thoroughness on the tutorials.

One tutorial that I thought was helping was the simple mission on the wiki. Maybe explaining the CS module like that would help aswell. I wasn't the only person who had the initial issue with the CS module not showing up. I just voiced my frustration because I'd been trying to figure it out all day and wasn't getting anywhere, hence I got hot headed in my post. It wasn't a slight on the dev team of alive I was merely venting frustration.

Anyway for those that might want to know.

Place ONE CS module on the map, thats all you need.

pick a particular Combat support module you want on the map and place it exactly where you want it to appear in game. (whichever place you put it and direction the module is facing will determine how it appears in game.)

Sync all your Cbt Support modules to the main Core CS module.

This should then add them UI and be available for use in game.

Edited by SpookyGnu
Spelling error