nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

quick question: if I wanted my unit to not automatically get the backpack radio at mission start, how would I go about doing that?

quick question: if I wanted my unit to not automatically get the backpack radio at mission start, how would I go about doing that?

You can either set it globaly by editing the radio_keys.hpp in your userconfig folder. Here you have to set "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio" to 1. Or you can do you it for each mission by placing the "TFAR - Enforce Usage" module and set "Give team leaders a long range radio" to "No".

g50WvXHl.jpg

In other news. A small teaser for the new dialogs we might be able to implement some time (very WIPish)

lKl0iENl.png

Edited by Raspu86

Cant find the tf_no_auto_long_range_radio line in the .hpp mate. Do I have to type it in myself?

You may have an outdated file. I would download TFAR again and replace the userconfig folder with the new one. The first 4 of you radio_keys.hpp should be

class task_force_radio_settings {
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0;
TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;
};

You may have an outdated file. I would download TFAR again and replace the userconfig folder with the new one. The first 4 of you radio_keys.hpp should be

class task_force_radio_settings {
tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 0;
TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = 0;
};

hmm.. unless PwS's version isnt up to date then I should have the latest. Ill download latest version manually and see.

How do you set what LR and SR radios everyone (including the public) gets to this preset?

Not sure I understand you...

Hi guys, I have an issue with the mod where everything works perfectly fine... Until I try to transmit. For some reason it doesn't read my caps lock. Before you ask, yes I've made sure the plugin is enabled, and yes I've made sure that caps lock isn't mapped somewhere else haha. Thanks in advance for the help!

Still having this issue guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated

put your TS mic settings on voice activation.

Do you map to a mouse? In TS / settings / options / Hotkeys; you can choose "default" or "keyboard,mouse". To affect your direct input.

I have it mapped to my mouse. Reminder, the only thing now working is when I try to transmit over a radio. I can bring up the radios, I can receive, and do normal speech just fine.

Not sure I understand you...

What I mean is, we were able to preset the radio freq. on the server mission side, now we want to change the 'default' radio. Right now if you die or join/spawn in you get the small 2k 7800 handheld, how do we make that the 152 instead? the codes are quite complex and so navigating where to change things can be difficult. Again, our goal is to have everything preset so when we join the server all the radios are already there with the right freq. for ppl.

What I mean is, we were able to preset the radio freq. on the server mission side, now we want to change the 'default' radio. Right now if you die or join/spawn in you get the small 2k 7800 handheld, how do we make that the 152 instead? the codes are quite complex and so navigating where to change things can be difficult. Again, our goal is to have everything preset so when we join the server all the radios are already there with the right freq. for ppl.

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier=true

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

I have it mapped to my mouse. Reminder, the only thing now working is when I try to transmit over a radio. I can bring up the radios, I can receive, and do normal speech just fine.

Do you have tricky gamer keyboard?

It didn't work

What exactly?

What exactly?

Sorry haha. I changed the userconfig to those that the program gave me and I still could not transmit

new version of TS is out - can we update to it without breaking TFR?

The plugin API version stays the same, so it should be fine to update.

Quote Originally Posted by bossman32 View Post

TF_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier=true

how does changing that change the default radio?

for Blufor:

BLU_F_personal_tf_faction_radio = "";

or

BLU_F_rifleman_tf_faction_radio = "";

or

BLU_F_airborne_tf_faction_radio = "";

for Blufor:

BLU_F_personal_tf_faction_radio = "";

or

BLU_F_rifleman_tf_faction_radio = "";

or

BLU_F_airborne_tf_faction_radio = "";

We will try that. Thanks

I've been using ACRE for quite some time now in Arma 3 and have just jumped over to TFR. All I can say is wow! It's way more stable, and personally, I find the radio chatter much nicer. Also really satisfied by the "click" your radio makes, lol. Patiently waiting to see the direct comms sound a little more life-like. Great work.

Patiently waiting to see the direct comms sound a little more life-like.

I keep reading this but from my own experience, I can see (or better: hear) nothing wrong with it. Could you explain?

btw: TFAR is great - easy to set up, runs flawlessly, lots of tools for mission & addon makers... nice. Keep it up! :)

Cheers,

D.