nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I just got this to work on my server, looks great! However, I want players to be able to purchase the different radios from the barracks factory, how do I do this? I'm guessing I need the class-names of all the radios and which ones pertain to what faction.

Also, by default I spawn in with the long range radio (in BECTI we're all squad leaders due to AI use) how do I default everyone to have a short range radio? Finally, I want all vehicles to automatically have the long range radio onboard, do I have to do anything special for this?

Thank you!

I attempt to broadcast (through the 'T' key) and nothing happens.

You able to hear both channels at the same time. If 'T' not works for you - make sure userconfig is updated.

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

More bugs:

With the mod, using T to lock on targets (using AT weapons) or pressing Y/Z to get out of a controlled unit in ZEUS does not work.

Will try to fix that.

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Error in expression <o);
};
_count = -1;
{
if ((_x select 0) == _radio) exitWith
{
_x set [1, (_x sel>
 Error position: <== _radio) exitWith
{
_x set [1, (_x sel>
 Error Generic error in expression
File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 60

getting this after respawn (getting no sw radio after reapswn + any other sw radio I pick up after respawn won't work)

Looks like someone use old version of TFAR on your server. Currently old version breaks server side script.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

I just got this to work on my server, looks great! However, I want players to be able to purchase the different radios from the barracks factory, how do I do this? I'm guessing I need the class-names of all the radios and which ones pertain to what faction.

Also, by default I spawn in with the long range radio (in BECTI we're all squad leaders due to AI use) how do I default everyone to have a short range radio? Finally, I want all vehicles to automatically have the long range radio onboard, do I have to do anything special for this?

Thank you!

1) Most of vehicles already have LR inbuilt (depending on vehicle class).

2) Classes - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/Classes

3) You could use script variable from https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables or edit userconfig file or use module in editor.

Edited by nkey

Yeah I figured out what was happening. I thought you can program a separate A channel.

A request for you nkey, if you're so inclined, would it be possible to allow this mod to work with Zeus?

As a Zeus, I can't use the radio keys. Secondly, if I remote control an AI unit, I dont have any audio as him. It's still inheriting my original role back at base. I'd like to remote control an AI far away and have the TFR actually effect that unit, and not the role that zeus is assigned. How possible is this?

Yeah I figured out what was happening. I thought you can program a separate A channel.

A request for you nkey, if you're so inclined, would it be possible to allow this mod to work with Zeus?

As a Zeus, I can't use the radio keys. Secondly, if I remote control an AI unit, I dont have any audio as him. It's still inheriting my original role back at base. I'd like to remote control an AI far away and have the TFR actually effect that unit, and not the role that zeus is assigned. How possible is this?

Yes, I have plan to support Zeus.

I thought you can program a separate A channel.

But... You can do it...

Edited by nkey
updated

@nkey,

I get that error on a local server and on a dedicated server running the latest version.

@nkey,

I get that error on a local server and on a dedicated server running the latest version.

Are you sure all players have 0.9.0?

Hi nkey, we got my previous issue solved for Linux. Contacted our server administrator and it was just a permission issue on the server.

Edited by Jake34

Error in expression <o);
};
_count = -1;
{
if ((_x select 0) == _radio) exitWith
{
_x set [1, (_x sel>
 Error position: <== _radio) exitWith
{
_x set [1, (_x sel>
 Error Generic error in expression
File task_force_radio\functions\fn_ServerInit.sqf, line 60

getting this after respawn (getting no sw radio after reapswn + any other sw radio I pick up after respawn won't work)

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = false;

Using these settings you won't see the error.

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = 1;

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = false;

Using these settings you won't see the error.

Hm.... For all missions? You sure userconfig on server is updated?

In case of LOS terrain interference ignored, so probably it is tests with complex terrain. Also, you could try to play with TF_terrain_interception_coefficient (https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables)

Thanks nkey, I will pass it on, although they do like the terrain blocking feature, they feel that LOS should be getting the range specified. With the TF_terrain_interception_coefficient, the default value is 7, what does that value mean? What is the value range? 0-100? And does higher or lower cause the terrain affect to increase/decrease?

Cheers

Azza

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

I have a question as I am still getting used to scripting. In the missions init.sqf file (as well as other things, but TFAR mod related only shown) I have:

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;

As I was having trouble with the Modules as we are currently discussing. Now I know how to write the sqf array in the TFAR Frequency Module, but want to confirm if it is the same for the init.sqf?

So would this work?

tf_freq_west = ["400.0","401.1","402.2","403.3","404.4"]

and the same for tf_freq_west_lr?

Hey I posted in here earlier about TFAR not working on Linux. We are having a problem with the radios not working properly. When I press caps lock or ctrl+p, nothing happens. I can see the radios in the crate, and the local chat is working. I have re-installed the mod and the problem is still there. Also, when I try to use the radios in a local hosted mission, there are no sounds for the radio, but it says it's transmitting. Anyone else having any issues like these?

Hey I posted in here earlier about TFAR not working on Linux. We are having a problem with the radios not working properly. When I press caps lock or ctrl+p, nothing happens. I can see the radios in the crate, and the local chat is working. I have re-installed the mod and the problem is still there. Also, when I try to use the radios in a local hosted mission, there are no sounds for the radio, but it says it's transmitting. Anyone else having any issues like these?

Not sure about your linux issue, but to get sound when transmitting - confirm that you have copied the "radio-sounds" folder to "../Teamspeak3/Installfolder/plugins/" and that you have "Sound Pack Volume" turned up in Teamspeak/Playback settings.

Also noticed that there's update v0.9.0.1 for Taskforce Radio in PwS. Is there a changelog for this update?

Thanks.

Not sure about your linux issue, but to get sound when transmitting - confirm that you have copied the "radio-sounds" folder to "../Teamspeak3/Installfolder/plugins/" and that you have "Sound Pack Volume" turned up in Teamspeak/Playback settings.

Also noticed that there's update v0.9.0.1 for Taskforce Radio in PwS. Is there a changelog for this update?

Thanks.

Yes I have the radio sounds in the plugins folder. Still no sounds when using the radios. And the radios aren't even working at all in the dedicated(Linux) server.

How do I lock a channel on team speak to ensure only people who are in game with TFR on can hear each other. Currently I'm in a situation where a player can minimize arma 3 and listen to anyone talking with none of the great filters you guys have worked on. It's even worse when the other team is listening in.

BTW, thanks for the hard work. You guys did a fantastic job, I've had it on for 1 night and people are loving it.

Hm.... For all missions? You sure userconfig on server is updated?

I am not having any issues, I am just explaining to another poster how to get rid of the error message he reported.

How do I lock a channel on team speak to ensure only people who are in game with TFR on can hear each other. Currently I'm in a situation where a player can minimize arma 3 and listen to anyone talking with none of the great filters you guys have worked on. It's even worse when the other team is listening in.

BTW, thanks for the hard work. You guys did a fantastic job, I've had it on for 1 night and people are loving it.

Look at the serious mode in the web page.

You need to define a Channel in TS with a password.

I've been working on re-texturing the manpack radios and this what I have so far.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28653790/Arma/arma3%202014-05-01%2017-40-51-98.jpg (554 kB)

Nkey if you are interested I can send you my PSD template with the extra detailing. (Planning to add some more detail)

Any chance you can get the Molle strips bumps in the model removed as well as the HK417 magazines coming out the top as they seem out of place ?

Edited by CptDavo

Hi Nkey TFAR is looking top notch.

I also would like to report an issue with short range radio after respawn. I'm using respawn scripts as described in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148208-Respawn-w-Weapons-Ammo-Script/page2 with weaponsave.sqf and an eventhandler when killed. The weaponsave.sqf is on a trigger where my soldier initially spawns on the map.

What happens after I die 'blurfor' and respawn at respawn_west marker, inventory shortly shows the radio, and takes it away again. After picking up another radio from a box, i cant use it as described before. I'm at the lastest version of TFAR and updated all the config files. I can replicate this on windows dedicated server aswell as hosted on desktop pc with lan game.

Strange thing though that I tested this with opfor aswell and with that faction it seems to work just fine. Short range radios are assigned with incrementing integer. Maybe a blufor radio glitch somewhere?

regards,

Patrick

As I was having trouble with the Modules as we are currently discussing. Now I know how to write the sqf array in the TFAR Frequency Module, but want to confirm if it is the same for the init.sqf?

So would this work?

tf_freq_west = ["400.0","401.1","402.2","403.3","404.4"]

and the same for tf_freq_west_lr?

Not exactly,

tf_freq_west = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
tf_freq_west set [2,["400.0","401.1","402.2","403.3","404.4"]];

tf_freq_west_lr = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
tf_freq_west_lr set [2,["50.0","51.1","52.2","53.3","54.4"]];

Although you will want to ensure that there is 8 frequencies for SW and 9 for LR. I direct you to the module code

Not exactly,

tf_freq_west = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
tf_freq_west set [2,["400.0","401.1","402.2","403.3","404.4"]];

tf_freq_west_lr = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLrSettings;
tf_freq_west_lr set [2,["50.0","51.1","52.2","53.3","54.4"]];

Although you will want to ensure that there is 8 frequencies for SW and 9 for LR. I direct you to the module code

Thanks LH, that is awesome. I knew it couldn't be so easy.

Cheers

Azza

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

Could you please advise on my post regarding the Terrain Coefficient?

Cheers

Azza

Thanks nkey, I will pass it on, although they do like the terrain blocking feature, they feel that LOS should be getting the range specified. With the TF_terrain_interception_coefficient, the default value is 7, what does that value mean? What is the value range? 0-100? And does higher or lower cause the terrain affect to increase/decrease?

It is just used in formula of interference calculation... range is 0....? More terrain interception for bigger values.

---------- Post added at 10:01 ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 ----------

Are you sure everyone client have version 0.9.0? Have you server RPT on Linux?

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Thanks.

0.9.0.1 is not yet released.

---------- Post added at 10:07 ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 ----------

Check documentation for "serious mode" - https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/User-manual . Also, it will required to change password for it (see here https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API:-Variables). But user still will able to disable plugin, so you may use TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled for check)

---------- Post added at 10:13 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

I've been working on re-texturing the manpack radios and this what I have so far.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28653790/Arma/arma3%202014-05-01%2017-40-51-98.jpg (554 kB)

Nkey if you are interested I can send you my PSD template with the extra detailing. (Planning to add some more detail)

Any chance you can get the Molle strips bumps in the model removed as well as the HK417 magazines coming out the top as they seem out of place ?

Looks interesting. Will you able to create 3 variants?

Regarding strips -waiting for someone who going to make it :) (model sources in github repository)

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Hi Nkey TFAR is looking top notch.

I also would like to report an issue with short range radio after respawn. I'm using respawn scripts as described in http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148208-Respawn-w-Weapons-Ammo-Script/page2 with weaponsave.sqf and an eventhandler when killed. The weaponsave.sqf is on a trigger where my soldier initially spawns on the map.

What happens after I die 'blurfor' and respawn at respawn_west marker, inventory shortly shows the radio, and takes it away again. After picking up another radio from a box, i cant use it as described before. I'm at the lastest version of TFAR and updated all the config files. I can replicate this on windows dedicated server aswell as hosted on desktop pc with lan game.

Strange thing though that I tested this with opfor aswell and with that faction it seems to work just fine. Short range radios are assigned with incrementing integer. Maybe a blufor radio glitch somewhere?

regards,

Patrick

Probably it is some kind of race between TFAR and script. Could you please send me mission file?

If I set the LR to 50Mhz and the SR Alternate channel to 50Mhz, will this work to let everyone hear the LR comms, whilst only those with LR will be able to transmit on this frequency further than 5km? Or do the two radios use different encryptions/protocols that will prevent this working?

But user still will able to disable plugin, so you may use TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled for check)

How do I use TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled? Is this something that goes into the mission file or into TeamSpeak? How do I apply that function?

Thanks for your help.

It is just used in formula of interference calculation... range is 0....? More terrain interception for bigger values.

Thanks nkey.

If I set the LR to 50Mhz and the SR Alternate channel to 50Mhz, will this work to let everyone hear the LR comms, whilst only those with LR will be able to transmit on this frequency further than 5km? Or do the two radios use different encryptions/protocols that will prevent this working?

It should work because SR and LR for same team uses same protocols and encryption.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

How do I use TFAR_fnc_isTeamSpeakPluginEnabled? Is this something that goes into the mission file or into TeamSpeak? How do I apply that function?

Thanks for your help.

It is SQF function (into mission) allows you to check if user has TFAR plugin enabled in TS.