Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

Hey team,

if your like me, you love RHS optics and attachments (easy laser/light??) but you were sad that they weren't ASDG JR compatible. Well shed no more tears!

Download this pbo and you can use the great stuff from RHS with anything else thats ASDG JR compabtible.

As a bonus, I've also made it so that the M2010 can accept optics other than RHS ones!

enjoy!

https://mega.co.nz/#!IFZ32aiQ!9qdt2A...vfjqSDFLNwysmc

Hey man looks like your link is acting up. The link on the RHS forums page works but this one asks for a decryption key.

New JR config for RHS 0.3.5 available.

Features:

- side lasers added to forward/side picatinny rail

- western optics added to picatinny rails (Leupolds require medium rail at least)

- eastern optics added to the AK rail compatibleitems

- added AK rails to eastern weapons

- added picatinny rails to western weapons

- added laser/flashlight combos to side rails on M4, M16, M1010

- TMR bipod resting support for weapons with bipod or grippod

- MRT Accessory function support for the AN/PEQ-15/M952 combo (for switching between laser and flashlight)

- TMR and MRT features become available when these mods are installed but they're not required for JointRails support

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Robalo;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

ak optics are out of place!!anyway thank you

No idea what you mean. Please explain.

ehm sorry its no easy 4 me talk english...

try use cup weapons and rhs weapons togeter...i m talking about your last cfg...for example the kobra sight

i mean that the optics are not aligned with the weapon!!

Edited by AB_Luca

That'll be because the CUP weapons and the RHS weapons don't have their "TOP" proxy in the same place inside the models so the optics models are aligned to a different place.

Unlike picatinny rails where we have BIS' attachments to standardise the placement, it's kind of hard for authors to standardise where they put the proxy on Russian side rail attachments without teams coordinating with one another.

Judging by how the attachments are offset, RHS's proxy is aligned with the actual dovetail rail on the side of the weapon model where CUP's proxy and sight models are aligned along the centre of the rifle.

ehm sorry its no easy 4 me talk english...

try use cup weapons and rhs weapons togeter...i m talking about your last cfg...for example the kobra sight

i mean that the optics are not aligned with the weapon!!

I see... You have to talk to weapon / attachment mod authors about that, I provide compatibility at config level only.

thanks 4 answer

...so its not a bug, there is nothing to fix...

or maybe its too complicated...

bye

thanks 4 answer

...so its not a bug, there is nothing to fix...

or maybe its too complicated...

bye

No, it's not too complicated. You were told exactly what the "issue" is. ASDG JR is to expand compatibility between optics and rifles (to put optic X on gun Y). Your problem lies within the placement of the optics, which is defined within the 3D model itself, so if you want something changed you need to talk to the creators of the weapons.

This has bothered me since BI first promoted the attachments system even before the release of A3.

Is it actually reasonable and authentic to carry around multiple optics or switch them from ammo crates or the weapons of the fallen?

Unless you've previously setup an optic on a quick-release mount (which would only allow switching with scopes previously setup with the same mount) wouldn't any newly fitted optic have to be adjusted on a range before use?

This has bothered me since BI first promoted the attachments system even before the release of A3.

Is it actually reasonable and authentic to carry around multiple optics or switch them from ammo crates or the weapons of the fallen?

Unless you've previously setup an optic on a quick-release mount (which would only allow switching with scopes previously setup with the same mount) wouldn't any newly fitted optic have to be adjusted on a range before use?

I agree, it's a very limited and simplified system. Beats having to hard-code every optic into every compatible weapon out there though. What are you proposing ?

I agree, it's a very limited and simplified system. What are you proposing ?

Oh nothing really, I'd just wanted to clarify this but didn't think it worthy of a thread of its own.

That said, in terms of the custom configs I make for my own game I think I'll probably lean toward non-switchable optics.

I'd rather maintain the possibility to switch them but also have the process require variable (configurable) amount of time per optic and also some variable dispersion penalty for doing it in the field.

The first case is pretty reasonable - there are multiple armed forces where troops will fit their day sight to a weapon and carry an additional electro-optic sight for night fighting packed amongst the rest of their gear. AFAIK the zero holds pretty well so long as you mount the sight in the exact same recoil groove on the rail.

The last case - not so reasonable. :D

Your overriding script (arsenal thing) throws some "missing ;" script errors on launch :( [introduced in the new version, 0.12]

Your overriding script (arsenal thing) throws some "missing ;" script errors on launch :( [introduced in the new version, 0.12]

What errors exactly ? I don't have any.

The first case is pretty reasonable - there are multiple armed forces where troops will fit their day sight to a weapon and carry an additional electro-optic sight for night fighting packed amongst the rest of their gear. AFAIK the zero holds pretty well so long as you mount the sight in the exact same recoil groove on the rail.

The last case - not so reasonable. :D

Agreed as I found out the hard way with nothing less than the M4 carrying handle. I zeroed it (yes I was an idiot) with the handle back for when it was in the weapon rack, and moved it forward, totally changing and destroying my zero. Yeah it was a long day to say the least but yes, remember the exact groove you zeroed your optic at all the time, so when you switch for some reason (I carried an ACOG and CCO in Afghanistan, dropped the ACOG) but stuff like that makes a big difference. In A3 it doesn't matter as your zero holds regardless of optic placement (and your eye is moved to that point as per the 3D model memory point for that particular optic) so it's not such a big deal, and optic positions are merely cosmetic.

What errors exactly ? I don't have any.

Sorry, must have been because I was still on 1.36 - they have disappeared in 1.38

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!