Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

Hello! After the upgrade, the game became hover in the moment when you look through the scope. Checked several sights of vanilla and mod

There is no way this mod could influence performance so you must be dreaming or confusing it with another mod. If that's what you're saying.

For some reason I can't click on Bipods in Virtual Arsenal.. Is it just me? ..Everything works perfectly without ASDG JR.

For some reason I can't click on Bipods in Virtual Arsenal.. Is it just me? ..Everything works perfectly without ASDG JR.

Don't use this with Dev branch, it's not ready for that yet.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Weapon_Config_Guidelines#Magazine_compatibility_groups

I'm thinking how to properly use this, so every weapon mod had compatible magazines. The problem here is that weapon moders need to use for eg. one general stanag class name for their mods.

Since many weapon mods already using asdg jr, maybe would be good to make something like asdg joint magazines with the list of classnames which moders can use for their weapons.

Thoughts? I'm personally tired of so many stanag / ak magazines, that are not compatible between each other (RHS, RH, HLC, CUP).

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Weapon_Config_Guidelines#Magazine_compatibility_groups

I'm thinking how to properly use this, so every weapon mod had compatible magazines. The problem here is that weapon moders need to use for eg. one general stanag class name for their mods.

Since many weapon mods already using asdg jr, maybe would be good to make something like asdg joint magazines with the list of classnames which moders can use for their weapons.

Thoughts? I'm personally tired of so many stanag / ak magazines, that are not compatible between each other (RHS, RH, HLC, CUP).

Yes I hope modders start using that feature. What's great is that it looks like we don't even need a "bridge" addon. We just need modders to agree on some common magazine group names and use them.

I will look more into it and test the feature after I'm done with reworking JR for 1.43+

Testing new version on dev.

yDjzkwml.png

mJUErpTl.png

Hello @Robalo: just an info, in 014 the old bug with double entries of accesories in cow slot in virtual arsenal resurfaced again.

Regards.

Hello @Robalo: just an info, in 014 the old bug with double entries of accesories in cow slot in virtual arsenal resurfaced again.

Regards.

I can fix that, but should be fixed by BIS instead. The BIS_fnc_compatibleItems function may return duplicates if an accessory is defined compatible more than once in config. Many mods use JR slots in addition to the original slots.

I can fix that, but should be fixed by BIS instead. The BIS_fnc_compatibleItems function may return duplicates if an accessory is defined compatible more than once in config. Many mods use JR slots in addition to the original slots.

Thanks for the reply. Check your inbox and let me know. Thx for the mod:)

Hi Robalo

I just found a very serious bug with ASDG whilst troubleshooting my mods with the latest dev build 129763.

Basically, if ASDG is active, the createvehicle command will crash the game if spawning anything other than cars.

createVehicle ["B_Heli_Light_01_F", position player, [], 0, "NONE"] 

will instantly crash the game. No mods other than ASDG joint rails active.

I'm unsure as to what could be causing it, but I am sure that it's 100% reproducible on my system. If I can help you further please let me know.

That one is easy, the current released JR works with 1.38 and 1.40. Beyond that, weirdness may occur. Will upload a special development branch version soon.

That one is easy, the current released JR works with 1.38 and 1.40. Beyond that, weirdness may occur. Will upload a special development branch version soon.

Cheers Rob!

Hello Robalo, do you think that with the inclusion of a new slot for bipods, you will be able to make use of it for other accessories, such as flashlights, or is it too early too tell?

The 'fixed' version of bis_fnc_compatibleItems is up on the dev branch Rob ;)

Hello Robalo, do you think that with the inclusion of a new slot for bipods, you will be able to make use of it for other accessories, such as flashlights, or is it too early too tell?

You can put whatever model on it, like we have Hatchet's bipods using the SIDE (flashlight) slot now. Not sure about the functionality though, I mean will you still be able to turn flashlight on if it's on another proxy than SIDE ? Need to try that.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

The 'fixed' version of bis_fnc_compatibleItems is up on the dev branch Rob ;)

Cool, need to free up some space to check it. Too many unpacked daily devs just to check the diffs :)

Not sure about the functionality though, I mean will you still be able to turn flashlight on if it's on another proxy than SIDE ? Need to try that.

This is precisely the heart of my interrogation, i hope that the answer will be positive.

Uploaded dev version for testing/preparing mods for Mark DLC: http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22581/asdg_jointrails_dev150318.zip

Please do not mirror this one.

Changes:

- added new slots: asdg_MuzzleSlot_338, asdg_MuzzleSlot_93x64

- added Mark DLC optics and bipods to JR slots

- moved optic_LRPS to medium slot

- no longer includes modified arsenal function

- provides modified bis_fnc_compatibleItems which filters duplicates

- asdg_jointrails_fnc_getCompatibleAttachments (deprecated) is now just a call to bis_fnc_compatibleItems; to be removed completely in future updates

- no longer empties compatibleItems array for vanilla slots

- restructured weapon configs; added JR slots to Mark DLC weapons

- all JR slots assigned to vanilla weapons preserve vanilla slot names (CowsSlot, PointerSlot etc.) to avoid duplicating slots and changing LinkedItems configs

- added _xtra, optional pbo which filters certain optics on some of the vanilla weapons where they look too weird or unrealistic (like having a sniper scope on most MGs would make them impossible to reload)

- suppressor configs moved to _xtra pbo

Thanks Robalo, no more crashes on Dev! Now I can keep using my beloved ADF Uncut units.

Robalo, would any of the changes you have made affect the rail attachments for EricJ's weapons pack?

I am currently having difficulty getting attachments to appear in the muzzle and forward rail slots on Eric's Scars when I write them into a mod config. They do show up when I attach them in the Virtual Arsenal. Do you have any ideas?

The slots are:

asdg_MuzzleSlot_IAR: asdg_MuzzleSlot_556 (replaces the "Muzzleslot")

asdg_OpticRail1913_IAR: asdg_OpticRail1913 (replaces the "CowsSlot")

asdg_FrontSideRail_IAR: asdg_FrontSideRail (replaces the "PointerSlot")

as advised to me by Eric

Potentially stupid question - ASDG_JointRails_RH_M4 still required?

No, it's got native support/requirement for ASDG JR now