Robalo

ASDG Joint Rails

Added a small config example for AK type weapons and mounts in the first post. The base class asdg_OpticSideMount is empty by default because there are no matching vanilla weapons or accessories.

Ahh, that is what the OpticSideMount is used for :) I was wondering about it. Nice, I am going to change the CUP east weapon attachments over to joint rails as well then, the west attachments already use it :)

Ahh, that is what the OpticSideMount is used for :) I was wondering about it. Nice, I am going to change the CUP east weapon attachments over to joint rails as well then, the west attachments already use it :)

Excellent ! Yeah I think the common types should be covered by the mod. Anything else could just be defined in the same config style. Then if there's more than one addon requiring it, I'll just add it to JR.

Deleted, blonde moment.

Edited by EricJ

Added a small config example for AK type weapons and mounts in the first post. The base class asdg_OpticSideMount is empty by default because there are no matching vanilla weapons or accessories.

I see you used hlc in your example, does that mean you already made a config for his AK pack?

I see you used hlc in your example, does that mean you already made a config for his AK pack?

I did not make a separate config for that, nor planning to.

I did not make a separate config for that, nor planning to.

No worries I can make my own, was just checking to see if the master coder had done it already. Keep up the great work :-)

Robalo I dont know what eastern rails, if any are included, but if you are thinking like "is it nessacary , would it be used etc", maybe somehow RHS could work out asdg jr compatiblity with you after release or something, that would be a great use of asdg jr

As a user of ASDG JR/JM and so on, it's up to the modder's to do that kind of work. More often than not Robalo of course did good work with the small amount of configs but he can't do everything. Plus he's made it quite clear he doesn't want to as it's the individual modder's responsibility, not his.

EricJ sorry if I didnt understand, I worded my post badly.... nvm, I made it seem like I wanted robalo to make configs which isnt really what I meant..

My question is, is the groundwork their for the mods to use?

ie: are there are a bunch of the russian scope classes for rails, that modders can make their own configs for their own mods to use?

Hi ! :)

After using ASDG_JM and STI machine guns simultaneously one problem occurred... The Mk.48 Mod 0 from STI pack disappears completely from the Virtual Arsenal.. :(

Thx for reply.

Hi ! :)

After using ASDG_JM and STI machine guns simultaneously one problem occurred... The Mk.48 Mod 0 from STI pack disappears completely from the Virtual Arsenal.. :(

Thx for reply.

Yes that can happen. It's because of this:

class LMG_Zafir_F : Rifle_Long_Base_F {
	scope = protected;
};
class asdg_LMG_Zafir_F: LMG_Zafir_F {
	scope = public;
	class WeaponSlotsInfo: WeaponSlotsInfo {
		class MuzzleSlot: asdg_MuzzleSlot_762MG {};
	};
};

I made that to hide the original weapons from the VAS/VA and only show the JM compatible ones. Not something I plan on fixing I'm afraid. Did not have another solution for getting it a slot using the compatibleItems classes instead of the array other than like the above. If you put 2 muzzle slots you crash Arma. Can be fixed by setting scope = public under the respective STI weapon that's inheriting from the Zafir. There are probably others too.

Edited by Robalo

In which file should I change scope=public? :P under the STI weapon? I am sorry but I am totally clueless :P Thx for help Robalo :D great mod BTW.

I'm thinking about reworking the class inheritance a little bit for these classes:

class asdg_OpticRail1913_short: asdg_OpticRail1913 {

Should have been the other way around, but the idea of a short (and later longer) rail came after the initial version and I wanted to avoid switching class inheritances.

But it would be easier to set up and use in the long run like this:

class asdg_OpticRail1913_short: asdg_OpticRail {
class compatibleItems {
	//add all optics that fit on a short rail here
};
};

class asdg_OpticRail1913: asdg_OpticRail1913_short { // let's call this the "medium" rail
class compatibleItems: compatibleItems { //all optics from short rail already compatible by class inheritance
	//add all optics that are too long to fit on a short rail but do not require a very long rail. for example the DMS sight
};
};

class asdg_OpticRail1913_long: asdg_OpticRail1913 {
class compatibleItems: compatibleItems { //all optics from short and medium rails already compatible by class inheritance
	//add really long attachments like long scope with NVS/TWS combos
};
};

Would no longer need to go blacklisting sights for some rails (which by the way is confusing the virtual arsenal a lot), only add them to their proper class.

Expect not to cause too much hassle, at most some warnings in the RPT untils the configs for accessories get updated. Will test before pushing an update.

Feedback is welcome.

EDIT NOV 22

Decided against changing class inheritances to avoid breaking stuff.

Edited by Robalo

Updated to 0.10

Added modified arsenal function to get compatible attachments detected properly; changes only the routine that detects compatible attachments for a given weapon, making use of the asdg_jointrails_fnc_getCompatibleAttachments function

Fixes and performance optimization for asdg_jointrails_fnc_getCompatibleAttachments function

Emptied default compatibleItems arrays under CowsSlot and PointerSlot, to get rid of duplicates and incompatible attachments - please report if this is causing any issues.

Removed opt configs, will update and release them separately

Enjoy!

EDIT: added link to updated JR config for RHARD Mk18 to first post - among the last in the big list

- removes vanilla slots and sets up the M4 with the long rail

EDIT2: also added a config that allows M4 from Mk18 pack to use Atlis bipods from ASDG Attachments (see pic).

6cdp8BHl.png

Edited by Robalo

EricJ sorry if I didnt understand, I worded my post badly.... nvm, I made it seem like I wanted robalo to make configs which isnt really what I meant..

My question is, is the groundwork their for the mods to use?

ie: are there are a bunch of the russian scope classes for rails, that modders can make their own configs for their own mods to use?

Ahh shit my bad but I think RHS has that covered with their mod (can't confirm for you as I don't know offhand) but yeah, like the reg'lar ASDG system there's a specific scope definition so you can only Mount a removable PSO-1 scope from an AK to a SVD, but not on a "Western" weapon, etc.

And speaking of the bipods, I need to get off my ass and figure that out someday.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I also provided the asdg_OpticSideMount class for modders to use with the AK style side mounts a while ago but don't think anyone used it yet.

More extras: JR and JM configs for SOCMOD.

BDssinXl.png

8GjM27rl.png

Looking forward to playing with the update and grabbing it from Armaholic, but I've noticed that PwS isn't updating automatically. I'm wondering if the versioning is the problem. The last version was .9 and this version is labeled as ".10" when it should probably be either 1.0 or .910 (or whatever). Just a FYI.

Same here gatordev.

Robalo, many thanks for your continued work on Joint Rails. I think that i can safely say that it is one of the addons that saved Arma3.

Looks like it just updated. Just a little too impatient on my end.

Looking forward to playing with the update and grabbing it from Armaholic, but I've noticed that PwS isn't updating automatically. I'm wondering if the versioning is the problem. The last version was .9 and this version is labeled as ".10" when it should probably be either 1.0 or .910 (or whatever). Just a FYI.

I see. Not up to me, I think it's normal to look at versions as series of numbers representing major, minor, revision, build. They should not be compared as single numbers with decimals.

Thanks Robalo, single most essential A3 mod.

As far as we know the array addition operator (+=) is still bugged? If so is there a feedback tracker job for it?

Those updates are awesome, Robalo, but I can´t load dev.withsix pages for the life of me (tried all browsers, is it down or blocked for my ISP?)

Could you host those updated configs on armaholic or dropbox? I´m aching for equipping Atlis bipods on RHARD´s M4 blockII

[EDIT] nvm, all of the sudden the dev.withsix pages got back to work, dl all updated configs and enjoying them right naaaaawww =)

[Edit2] WTFFFF??? dev.withsix is erratic... it loads for one minute then gets fubared again =( Got the files now, but it is quite strange...

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

It's not just you man, I'm getting the same problem, though I think I'll survive for a while without it.