Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

Good man! reading this thread is now causing me to miss breaking bad shhh.

Updated, see the first post for list of changes and what's been added.

Fantastic! See you fixed the zeroing as well :) Going to be using this in my missions from now on :)

Only thing I would say could do with improving is the Susat, Externally it doesn't look as well finished as the rifle (which looks beautiful).. seems very matte. The reticle also has this problem, seems a bit matte as if it's a sticker on the objective lense.

Can't wait to see what you can do with other variants!

Keep up the good work!

Nice weapon. Model and Textures are both great and i liked the 3d susat scope. Unfortunately there are still two issues.

1. Zeroing is way off. I testfired upon a target 400m away and the 200m zeroing was the closest.

2. Serverkeys are still not working. Uploaded rio.bikey to our server "German Ballerbude Public Server 1", you can try it out there.

@Predator, It's kio.bikey, not rio.bikey, I've done everything right on my end.

Also I'm aware of the zeroing issues, it's nothing to do with me, BI have broken something, try using the smg's with their scopes, they are also way off, as well as ardvarkdb's Mk18 Mod1.

:EDIT:

I just tried with the FHQ M4 stuff as well, they are also shooting stuff 800 meters away when zero'd at 200, honestly man, I was up for hours and hours trying to work this shit out, ask Bad Benson, he had an ear full!

As for the scope looking matte, have you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen how many variants there are? All with different types of glossyness and specular, I just rolled with it.

Edited by Kiory

True, it is called kio.bikey, but it is still not working. Try it out yourself.

I have tested dozens of addon keys/sigs alone for Arma3.

I just checked your server, it's not in Dev mode, I work in dev mode and the weapons have new parameters which probably stop it working.

I'm new to this shit mate, what exactly isn't working?

PM me, we can try to sort this out.

Just tested the zeroing with the MRCO and HAMR and it seems that when shooting at a 400m target, it hits spot on 300 mark

I know, it's bizarre, but the same issue happens with some of A3's weapons. Some of them hit high, some of them low.

Are you in contact with stalkerGB? could you ask him to change his british units from using the old l85 to this one?

Just tested the zeroing with the MRCO and HAMR and it seems that when shooting at a 400m target, it hits spot on 300 mark

The BDC reticle on the HAMR is designed to match the 6.5mm ballistics of the MX, so weapons using 5.56mm ammunition may very well not match the stadia marks beyond the main horizon mark (which should be the default zero of the scope, as assigned in the config by distanceZoomMin and distanceZoomMax)

To be honest I think the MRCO probably should match though since it's used on the AAF's Mk.20. ARCO is also designed for 6.5mm

Are you in contact with stalkerGB? could you ask him to change his british units from using the old l85 to this one?

i 2nd this, Im sure that if the zeroing is messed up, they will find a fix for it

Got around to installing this earlier today - absolutely stunning.

From myself and the rest of our group - we thank you ;)

That was my thinking, at the moment I'm using massi's HK417 as that was one of the alternatives that they were testing before choosing the L129A1.

I'll consider the L129A1, I'm currently busy working on another project at the moment though, so you will be waiting a while, but when I get round to making something rifle based, I'll make that.

That carbine version was only ever produced for the SA80 A1 platform so might not really be appropriate for Kiory's A2-series models. IIRC it was intended for some foreign customer in Asia but nobody ever adopted it. Not really sure why airsoft companies make so many of them - maybe just a cheap way of reusing parts they manufacture for L86 LSWs :D

The "carbine" introduced into service using the A2 platform was this one:

u35k.jpg

L22A2, which is quite a lot shorter and has a redesigned gas-block. Can't fit ironsights to it either

NB: The weapon in the picture above is fitted with a simunition bolt conversion kit, not the standard A2 bolt. This is also what the blue bands are for.

Edited by da12thMonkey

I'll consider the L129A1, I'm currently busy working on another project at the moment though, so you will be waiting a while, but when I get round to making something rifle based, I'll make that.

Top man! Keep it up!

That carbine version was only ever produced for the SA80 A1 platform so might not really be appropriate for Kiory's A2-series models. IIRC it was intended for some foreign customer in Asia but nobody ever adopted it. Not really sure why airsoft companies make so many of them - maybe just a cheap way of reusing parts they manufacture for L86 LSWs :D

The "carbine" introduced into service using the A2 platform was this one:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5820/u35k.jpg

L22A2, which is quite a lot shorter and has a redesigned gas-block. Can't fit ironsights to it either

Definitely like that for the carbine!

Hey Kiory, GVsE did (with the help of Robalo) some optional configs that enabled your SUSAt optics (along with FHQ, R3F and Iansky) to attach in any weapons (vanilla and custom), but since you´ve updated your L85A2 and embebed the SUSAt in it, when I use this config, no optics nor flashlights can be attached to GVsE´s MP7, MP9 and some other weapons that were compactible with FHQ (like Alex_vestins M4/M16A4 and MK12)... have you changed a lot the config for the SUSAT and the L85A2, or are you coding the attachments using Alwarren´s method -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166346-The-Attachments-rant&p=2527582&viewfull=1#post2527582 to prevent incompactibilities? have you any glimpse what could have caused this (so GVsE can fix it)?

I know BIS attachment system is a mess and there´s a revamp on that in the upcoming weeks, but any info would help us a lot! Thanks in advance ;)

Link me all the addons you use (optics, rifles and so on) so I can replicate the problem, I shall look into it.

Edited by Kiory