Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

With this addon enabled I cannot equip any scopes onto the M230 or the G36 Lynx. Tried multiple scenarios and results were always the same.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Kiory, have you considered making this use Robalo's ASDG joint rails thing? I modified the config of this just to see if it works and with just five minutes of work it was able to support pretty much every optic that's been released so far.

Other than that, keep up the good work. This is IMO one of the best weapons in arma 3 at the moment.

You know, I tried, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work, I was rushing it a bit, I'll look into it a bit later.

You know, I tried, but for the life of me I couldn't get it to work, I was rushing it a bit, I'll look into it a bit later.

Ah, well if you are interested here are my configs for the gun and the SUSAT.

I don't know if this is the "proper" way to do it (in terms of either realism or the way Robalo intended it to work), but the picatinny version accepts the SUSAT + anything using the ASDG picatinny rail and the non-picatinny version just accepts the SUSAT. The SUSAT itself goes onto anything that offers the ASDG picatinny rail.

Isn't this compatibility things has to be figured automatically after Today's update?

Ah, well if you are interested here are my configs for the gun and the SUSAT.

I don't know if this is the "proper" way to do it (in terms of either realism or the way Robalo intended it to work), but the picatinny version accepts the SUSAT + anything using the ASDG picatinny rail and the non-picatinny version just accepts the SUSAT. The SUSAT itself goes onto anything that offers the ASDG picatinny rail.

You should only inherit the asdg_OpticRail1913 rail on the Picattiny variant. The other one should only have the SUSAT mount.

---------- Post added at 03:01 ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 ----------

I'd be glad to help with the config if you want to support it.

Absolutely, I'll PM you my skype details so we can sort this mess out. XD

Hi Kiory,

Great work on the zeroing correction - the accuracy now gives a similar feeling as the UKF L85s for ArmA2.

Only issue I would raise is that now you've added add-on optics (FHQ & Ianskys) into the vanilla config anyone without those add-ons running has errors each time the weapon is loaded in a mission. I've seen other weapon mods such as R3F do optional configs to resolve this, I wonder if maybe that's an idea here (or indeed if ASDG will resolve this)?

Hi, the v2.0 seems to accept all the game's optics that come into the RH M4/M16 pack, but not the other ones (the Aimpoint, the Reflex, the ACOG T31A and those); also, when i open the inventory i get an error message, something about a missing .paa . This was fixed on the previous version, i would take a screenshot if the Print Screen key would work, but it doesn't. Let's C ya

I must of missed a texture file somehwere, don't worry, I'll get it in the next update with jointrails etc. ;)

And another one that wasn't there AFAIK in any of the previous versions, this are the errors/bugs:

Missing texture message:

kiory_l85a2_v2_bug.jpg

Black line on the Susat scope after some shots:

kiory_l85a2_v2_bug_01.jpg

It appears in the same way that it goes, do not obstructs the sight but is clearly a bug and a bit annoying.

*EDIT: The FRAPS does now what the ALT+TAB+PS did before.

Ahh that line, it's not a bug but i know what's causing it, basically inside the model are block planes, the blocker planes fake the gloss of the scope and hides the reticule when aiming down the basic iron sights. Easy fixes, rest easy. ;)

Keep it up Kiory. I'm really impressed at how the community pulls together to help each other, this thread reads fantastically well and very positive.

Here's how my config for ASDG Joint Rails would look like:

class CfgPatches {
class asdg_jointrails_kio_l85a2 {
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 1.04;
	requiredAddons[] = {"kio_l85a2", "asdg_jointrails"};
};
};

class asdg_OpticRail1913_short;

class CfgWeapons {
class kio_l85a2;

class kio_l85a2_p: kio_l85a2 {
	class WeaponSlotsInfo { // there's no inheritance here, so whatever was defined for attachments in the parent classes, does not matter for this weapon
		class asdg_OpticRail_SA80_Pic: asdg_OpticRail1913_short {}; // inherit this rail, so any attachments compatible with asdg_OpticRail1913_short will work here
	};
};
};

It's that simple :)

I would leave the SUSAT as is, because AFAIK it does not have a Picattiny compatible mount.

Edited by Robalo

Awesome, thanks Robalo, I'll get that implemented later on in the day, currently working on setting up a rig for animation with 3DS Max.

Did you adjust ASDG with new B.I.'s update?

AFAIK nothing changed by BIS's update that would require me to adjust it.

I guess this

Added: Proposal for change in attachment configuration design for weapons (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2766)

would help our huge problem

guess not. :(

Replied to this on the JR thread.

Awesome, thanks Robalo, I'll get that implemented later on in the day, currently working on setting up a rig for animation with 3DS Max.

Excellent, thanks ! Note that I have updated my little code snippet posted previously to use the short rail (added in the just released ASDG JR 0.7).

I get a weird problem with this mod; the muzzle flash is permanently visible and when I attach the SUSAT, the carrying handle remains and clips through it. Haven't seen anyone else with the same issue. Any ideas guys?

Otherwise excellent model, love it :)

Seems that the missing texture error message only appears with the Picatiny variant, not with the standard nor with the Susat variant.

Hey Kiory, nice rifle! One little thingy, the unloaded rifle (no mag loaded) still shows a magazine in the rifle. Great work otherwise, really enjoy the sounds too!