Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

Hmm, sounds like I should probably keep the susat and L85 separate, that is what's probably causing the issue, unless I add compatibility for all the weapons and scopes.

I don't know if it's just me, or if you are already aware of this, but if I scope in on the susat, crouch, lean and move it appears the uniform covers front of the scope. Im only using your L85A2 and Massi's UK Forces pack/African conflict pack. Also does it occasionally whilst prone but I cant make out specific circumstances.

Download the addon and unpack it with winrar. Then search for your arma 3 main folder ("C:\Games\Steam Games\SteamApps\common\Arma 3" in my case, usually somewhere under C:\Program Files (x86)\steam) and copy the "@kio_l85a2" folder in your arma 3 main folder (make sure, that this "@kio_l85a2" folder contains a folder named "Addons" filled with the addon pbos).

Next you can either write -mod=@kio_l85a2 in your arma 3 steam startparameters, use an arma launcher to start arma 3 with the desired mods or just start arma 3 and activate the mod in the expansions menu.

Hi, i miss an ammo crate for this weapons, one that haves one of each variant and a couple of magazines per weapon. Let's C ya

*EDIT: Forget about it, i had an older version. Great weapons, sand that the picatinny L85A2 don't work with the IanSky optics, his Reflex is great too!.

Edited by wipman

P_Siddy, it does that with Vanilla rifles and scopes for A3.

I wouldn't know that coz I only been using yours since you released it ;) lol

Having used one of these alot in the field, I was pretty gob-smacked at the level of fidelity, the scale, heft and textures etc are all spot on. Even the scratches on the Cheek Guard!! 10/10 - I want to donate some resource your way to reward MOD making of this Quality! :bounce3:

ALSO REFERENCE THIS :-

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/HMS_Somerset_Boarding_Team_Member_During_Exercise_MOD_45153732.jpg (1393 kB)

The L22A2..

It is still widely used by the UK Armed Forces, the FPGRM - Fleet Protection Group Royal Marines Use it in Boarding Operations due to it's compact size inside a ship

fleet-protection-group.jpg

Also the British Army Use it for Tank Crews, MP's or even other units have it, as it is easier to get in and out with a more compact weapon.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8759/l22a2sa80a2carbine12.jpg (125 kB)

23910.0.medium-500x500.jpg

It would be nice if the L85 Model could be redone to create this, not sure how the hand placement would work, but it's not insurmountable.

As someone who plays as Royal Marines it would be EPIC.

Edited by mwnciboo

Well, I guess I'll work on this version next, don't worry about hand placement, I can make a custom hand anim for that. The way I made it L85 was so that I could easily make other versions like this, as the base housing seems the same on all versions.

Where do I install the folder with the data, UI en sounds maps as well as the other files? Thanks :)

@ Daantjeeuh, Predator.V2 covered it pretty well on page 8.

@Kiory - I've been pondering about the Future of the L85A2. I don't think the MOD will replace it anytime soon as the defacto rifle. So what to do as the A2 won't still be around in the ARMA3 Timeframe that the envisioned conflict is based in? We can always go back to older kit, but future kit we can have some fun with the designs?

Well I honestly think, they will go for a partial re-engineered solution. Many Companies in the US are producing conversion kits, where you can use existing Barrels, Receivers and components (Bolt carrier assembly) in a new strong Polymer housing...An example is the Juggernaut Tactical.

Turns, this...

AA9627_1.jpg

With this...

Juggernaut-Tactical-M14-Bullpup.jpg

Into this...

Juggernaut-Tactical-Rogue-Bullpup-Stock-M1A-M14-640x320.jpg

So what i hear you all say? Well the MOD could do something similiar, imagine a New Polymer Body with the same Base, piston Rod System of the L85A2, in a new body?

You could have some Liberal Fun, and use your creative ideas to re-engineer it as the L87A1 aka SA21....Half-way between a Tavor and an SA80, Body changes, but barrel, Magazine, trigger mechanism etc stay the same.

TAVOR

tavor_01.jpg

L85A2

L85.jpg

They aren't a million miles away from each other now...I think a Hybrid of the two would give a 2025 AD+ type weapon. Lighter in weight, but otherwise a slimmed down modernised? L85A2

Edited by mwnciboo

I appreciate the input mwnciboo, but the rifles I work on aren't based on the time frame of Arma 3, so in the future I'll be working on the L85 variants, but nothing out of imagination.

That's cool man, just thought it's interesting to imagine forward, as you've already mentioned a number of other projects in the thread, I should imagine by the time you've completed all these, and the other projects I'm watching on TWITCH.TV, the MOD will have probably bought even more new Kit, or NATO will adopt a replacement for 5.56mm.

As I said earlier keep up the exceptional work!

Hmm, sounds like I should probably keep the susat and L85 separate, that is what's probably causing the issue, unless I add compatibility for all the weapons and scopes.

Maybe turning back to weapon and optic on separated addons may solve the problem, either way, Robalo seems to be working on a system to minimize those incompactibilities! -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167522-ASDG-Joint-Rails&p=2543630#post2543630

Thanks for your attention, Kiory! =)

I appreciate the input mwnciboo, but the rifles I work on aren't based on the time frame of Arma 3, so in the future I'll be working on the L85 variants, but nothing out of imagination.

No worries man, I didn't want to put on the Spot or anything. I'm now really interested in getting into this and doing it myself. Might want the odd bit of advice..

Anyway keep up the awesome work.

Mike

Hi, is there any RIS L85A2's with this?

I like the new rifle mate but the new units really need the RIS for authenticity sakes.

I will get round to that eventually, you will need to be patient.

Any luck with the server keys? If you want, i can help you again on another approach or provide working sigs for you.

We can try tomorrow for sure, busy streaming at the moment but yea I'd like this issue resolved.

Hi,

I don't know if already mentioned earlier,

but when you use this addon the snipers will spawn without scopes (SOS).

did control till now only blufor sniper.

could you please watch into this and probably fix it?

I'll look into it, but I seriously doubt that my addon is what's affecting the snipers, it doesn't make any sense.

New update, see original post for list of changes.