Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

I'll consider remaking the RIS attachment for a variant, if I can't muster up the motivation, then I'll look into a BF3 style picatinny handguard, problem is I don't think they even exist...

Heckler Koch did make a version of the A2 hand-guard that was similar to the BF3 one.

It was basically the same as the interim "A2" hand-guard (a later version of the green plastic hand-guard with the large vents in the top cover to improve air-flow) but it was coloured black and a couple of picatinny rails running along the side and bottom. It was never issued since the armed forces went with a fully-railed metal hand-guards by Brügger and Thomet (limited numbers for SFSG), then the Daniel Defense one that is now issued forces-wide.

HK's railed hand-guard looked like this: http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/PICT0243.jpg

The closest thing to that, ever go on issue was the addition of a small rail for mounting the Oerlikon LLM-01 on the right-hand side of the original hand-guard. This was added soon after the rifles were upgraded from A1 to A2 standard, and appeared both on the improved version of the original A1 hand-guard and the short-lived "A2" hand-guard before it was replaced by the Daniel Defense one

Updated "A1" hand-guard with LLM rail:

nl64.jpg

"A2" hand-guard with LLM rail:

4jvf.jpg

Fabulous reference mate, thanks mate!

Thanks for including all the source files, what other parts do you plan on making?

GL, Carbine, L86 A2 and possibly the AFV, we'll see about the last one.

What about the bayonet as an attachment in the silencer slot? :)

I would if there was a proper melee system in place, doesn't make much sense to have one without melee.

Even sexier looks isn't sense enough?

Looks great though, shall try it out.

Looking good, few issues I would like to make you aware of so you can fix them. I couldn't see any shadows for some reason and if you do make the weapon available to have a silencer can you use the vanilla one?

That's one issue, and I've already stated on the first post that the shadow lod is something I still need to do.

I'll have to think about the silencer, I don't think it would work personally.

Edited by Kiory

AWESOMENESS! But one question? What about the GL, LSW, Carbine, and other versions? Nice release! :D :D :D

That's one issue, and I've already stated on the first post that the shadow lod is something I still need to do.

I'll have to think about the silencer, I don't think it would work personally.

I think a silencer should be added. It would be nice for special operations.

Edited by Nightmare515

What about them?

I've already said that I'll be working on them at some point down the line.

I'll be releasing an updated version soon, with the susat and some minor tweaks, I can't promise it will work, but I'll be making new keys again. I'd actually like some help with this if anyone is up for it.

I'll be releasing an updated version soon, with the susat and some minor tweaks, I can't promise it will work, but I'll be making new keys again. I'd actually like some help with this if anyone is up for it.

This is an excellent tutorial by binkowski here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164634-Addon-Signature-Tutorial&highlight=sign. Just watch the video and follow exactly... not much to it once you've figured it out

Just a question: Why not use the ingame Stanag ammo for your L85A2? Also, would you mind creating Tracer mags for the L85A2?

If your key isn't the problem, you can try to connect to our "German Ballerbude Public Server 1". We got your keys uploaded there and sig check enabled.

@MR Centipede, thanks for that mate, that's way easier than the way I was doing it before.

@Nightmare, reason I chose to make custom mags is because I wanted custom models etc, I'll look into tracer mags, shouldn't be difficult.

@Predator, Pretty sure the way I made the key last time around was wrong, just wait a bit and I'll sort something out tomorrow.

"The weapons are fed from a STANAG magazine, usually with a 30-round capacity."

(A STANAG magazine or NATO magazine is a type of detachable firearm magazine proposed by NATO in October 1980.)

So with all good reason i see no problem in changing the following:

magazines[] = {"L85_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag"};

to:

magazines[] = {"L85_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","20Rnd_556x45_UW_mag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green", "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow"};

Since its a standard type magazine. I compleatly understand the use of a special custom made magazine for the rifle.

Editor note. Since the magazine of a weapon (sadly) isnt a proxy but part of the model it self, the magazine in use can be anything :)

Keep up the good work, the 80 looks fantastic :)

Having trouble finding this mod, installed as every other mod I have, but for the life of me I cannot find the rifle, ammo box or anything :/ can anyone point me in the right direction? cheers.

Having trouble finding this mod, installed as every other mod I have, but for the life of me I cannot find the rifle, ammo box or anything :/ can anyone point me in the right direction? cheers.

Go to the editor, create a soldier then remove all weapons in the ini field, and to finish add the weapon and magazines ( classnames in the first page of this thread ). As you would do with any other weapon addon.

Agreed, love the custom mags, but the ability to share that last set of mags with your Clansmate using a differnt 5.56 but with STANAGs is priceless.

Can you make it so you can use the standard Stanag mags in addition to the Custom ones ?

(what RavenDK said basically)

SJ

Sure I can do that.

A massive improvement! looks fantastic, now I need someone to make some early 2000's UK units then I can happily die (in game).

Also, the SUSAT you made, is this compatible yet?

Edited by frogtop

Currently working on that Frog. ;)