Sign in to follow this  
kiory

L85A2 Release

James, if I have time I'll see what I can do.

@Kaxxi, it wasn't a contest, it was me just getting an idea of what people would find more useful, but in light of the competition, this will eventually turn into something more than just a weapons pack....

Ja

mes, if I have time I'll see what I can do.

@Kaxxi, it wasn't a contest, it was me just getting an idea of what people would find more useful, but in light of the competition, this will eventually turn into something more than just a weapons pack....

Yeah i knew ir wasn't a compitition but I didn't quite know what to call it :p atm I know that operation aegan shields maker would like RIS l85s in a improved form as the main rifle for his units.

Let P:UKF 2.0 commence? I expect double the amount of Lilt cans this time round including a Lilt can suppressor...

Literally cannot wait for this if you're going to be more than just weapons.

Does this mean the L129A1 is a possibility?

Been watching some of your streams for a few days now and some of the stuff looks ultra impressive!

Indeed - the models are really outstanding!

And I dont say that lightly. I checked ALL weapon mods on armaholic and there are some medium to low quality rifles, some big packs with many rifles that pay this amount with lack of quality, some medium quality rifles, and then theres the upper class with you in its ranks.

I just have to ask if you heard about LJarheads JSRS sound addon? The first complete release shall be out in 5 days covering stuff like different suonds for indoor/outdoor.

Would be really nice if your weapon was covered by his mod since it will be a clear must have as was JSRS for Arma2;) And now even more due to the added features.

Best regards!

Edited by NordKindchen

Kiory, what do you think about the new L85A2s with Picatinny rails (often called the L85A3)?

23shriv3.jpg

Top one is the new L85A2

SA80A2+TES_3.jpg

Would be excellent to see this - would also make creating a UGL version very easy. Speaking of which, any news on when we'll get a UGL version?

:)

Edit: Just remembered you're old L85 RIS mod actually had this. An updated version that is on par with your current L85 mod would be superb!

Also, it would be amazing if we saw an ELCAN SpecterOS 4x (the British Army are calling it the Lightweight Day Sight) included. From Wikipedia:

In 2011 the Ministry of Defence began issuing ELCAN SpecterOS 4x Lightweight Day Sights (LDS) in an effort to replace aging SUSAT units across the British Armed Forces, forming the first stage of the FIST infantry enhancement project.

SpecterOS4x.jpg

Looks very much like the current ARCO scope we have in Arma 3. Even just a retextured black variant of that would be great :)

Edited by GDSN

Yeah i've been asking for this since he asked for what varient he should make next! Also yeah the ARCO scope in game is the spectre in tan, the only thing it is missing is the correct mini RDS on top (one in game has a different one)

I think at the moment he is working on some different projects (from what I have seen of his streams). Im sure when he starts this he will let us know

Yeah i've been asking for this since he asked for what varient he should make next! Also yeah the ARCO scope in game is the spectre in tan, the only thing it is missing is the correct mini RDS on top (one in game has a different one)

And a correct reticle. The current ones are simply laughable generic ones with none to little effort put in to the making.

I think at the moment he is working on some different projects (from what I have seen of his streams). Im sure when he starts this he will let us know

Maybe I will, maybe not. ;)

Although I am really in the mood to start work on a challenger 2....

I've modelled one with the correct 'Shield CQB' red-dot, and various other differences between the "OS4" and "DR" versions of the ELCAN.

I'll certainly finish it one day for use with various Arma 3 weapons, but I've been stupidly busy doing other things for a while now. Still needs a bunch of work on the textures and a nice set of LODs, but looks pretty good with Kiory's excellent L85 so far :)

Wow man, that's awesome. How long have you been sitting on this gem?

lol... however awesome that'd be... One would truly appreciate the L85 collection :) especially ones as clean and extremely detailed as yours:) and now that I've seen you working on various nights, I know it's not beyond you to make me that lovely L129A1 and maybe a M249 for good measure :P I mean, what would you rather put bullet holes through that leather sofa and ATM with? lol

Rumours are a high qaulity M249 is already being made by another modder some say...

I've modelled one with the correct 'Shield CQB' red-dot, and various other differences between the "OS4" and "DR" versions of the ELCAN.

I'll certainly finish it one day for use with various Arma 3 weapons, but I've been stupidly busy doing other things for a while now. Still needs a bunch of work on the textures and a nice set of LODs, but looks pretty good with Kiory's excellent L85 so far :)

That looks really good !!

Does look awesome! Would make a nice addition to this mod and even more so on any new models that get made

I saw your progress on the UGL on Twitch. Keep it up! :)

YES PLEASE... was just bemoaning the lack of that for the L85.... nice - can't wait !

Can we also get our L129A1 - my life would be complete.... well more fun anyway :)

SJ

I do keep badgering Kiory to make a L129A1, but he's got a lot of other things on the go at the moment so I doubt he will make one anytime soon. :(

I'm patient. His Quality is worth the wait and besides I have my 417 to keep me happy(ish)

L85 UGL is probably more useful to the section anyway...

:)

Yeah, I think he is still indending on doing an RIS version as well. Which 417 do you use?

Can't wait for a UGL variant, been longing for that ever since I stopped playing ArmA 2!! Great stuff Kiory.

Yeah, I think he is still indending on doing an RIS version as well. Which 417 do you use?

Massi's one at the moment. Not the prettiest of Textures, but it works. I tried the R3F one and that one just felt wrong too much weapon sway and sounded odd if I remember right.

SJ