jw custom

Close Air Support Field System v0.4b

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Close Air Support Field System v0.4b

===============================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It doesn't matter which side plane is on as setCaptive has to be true for script to have somewhat control over the plane.

Yep, but it breaks inmerssion if you are CSAT or rusian and an A10 comes to help you XD

Also, it is not really neccesary to set it captive, probably a CARELESS mode will do too. Will need to test it.

Hate to sound like a noob. I installed it the following the readme and when in game, it shows up in the action menu and when  clicking on it nothing happens. Any tips on how to getting working would be appreciated.

Use to use this all the time. Can't get it to work now.

Where is the "game logic" located?  Is it under CBA in mod key in editor? 

Also, when I use the CBA logic  mod -  I have an option to call it up. with my guy placed as CAS1  -  But when I click it the map doesn't appear for where I'm suppose to call in strike.

Ok. Found within Placing Unit (is where game logic is, had forgot that). Does it need to be a particular unit within placing a game logic?  A  base? A object??

Also, I think I have it right. A game logic placed as a game logic on board. Named correctly.  On my CAS1 guy, it provides me the option to click on open cas. However, whenever I hit the mouse key to open. No map shows up??    If I don't place the game logic at all.  It still provides me the option to open cas on my mouse wheel and the map WILL show up for 1 time to use CAS. But only once??

Huh, never mind above. I've got it to work fine on brand new created missions. But just can't implement it into already made missions.  Cannot seem to find the conflict.  Odd.

Question, in SP, how can I get two guys within my unit to be able to have CAS abilities.  I label my main guy CAS1 (he can call in). But guys I name CAS2 and CAS3, the option is not ablivable on mouse wheel once I switch to them??

Huh, never mind above. I've got it to work fine on brand new created missions. But just can't implement it into already made missions.  Cannot seem to find the conflict.  Odd.

Question, in SP, how can I get two guys within my unit to be able to have CAS abilities.  I label my main guy CAS1 (he can call in). But guys I name CAS2 and CAS3, the option is not ablivable on mouse wheel once I switch to them??

Sorry for the late reply, forgot to check this part of the forum.

Can you upload you mission somewhere and PM me the link so i can see whats going on.

I think your other problem is because the units which you switch to aint a 'player' at the time CAS is initialized... i will give it a look later and see if i can fix it(i i remember correctly is just a 'player in array' i need to change).

Hi, 

I've some type of problem, I am doing a mission with non-respawn but if I don't put this in the description non appear the "Option menu" to solicitate CAS in the mission.

respawn = "Base";
respawndelay = 1;
disabledAI = 1;
respawnDialog = 0;

Who I can resolve this ?

Thanks.

I'm having an issue when i insert execVM" JWC_CASFS\initCAS.sqf"; into the init.sqf. When i click ok it says "Type Script, expected Nothing"

jw custom, I just stumbled upon your script and the napalm one is just incredible !!

I still have one issue with it: beside the bomb by itself, it seems the fire is not doing any damage. Do you know how I could fix this ?

Thx !

You can forget just what I said : the issue is coming from the editor mod where damage are not dealed (most probably because there's no addPublicVariableEventHandler).

It's fine after having created the pbo and started a listen server.

Ok, found a real issue: the napalm effect is not generating any light. Do a bombing run during the night to test it.

• Like 1

Ok, found a real issue: the napalm effect is not generating any light. Do a bombing run during the night to test it.

Yap...same here.

I think I solved the issue:

Add this code in the napalm.sqf after creating _ps16

_li = "#lightpoint" createVehicle (_pos);
_li setLightBrightness 6;
_li setLightAmbient[1,0.5,0];
_li setLightColor[1, 0.5, 0];

and don't forget to add that after the deletevehicle _ps16;

deleteVehicle _li;

Result:

0A8AEADF46F0961AB9A961CF68681A632E5711D3

• Like 1

I had better visual result with this (ie more light on the flames but less propagation of the light):

_li = "#lightpoint" createVehicle (_pos);
_li setLightBrightness 8;
_li setLightAmbient[1,0.5,0];
_li setLightColor[1, 0.5, 0];
_li setLightAttenuation [4,4,4,8];

Feel free to tweak the attenuation to suit your needs.

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Script work awesome in sp editor, but not in MP.

I put the line to onPlayerRespawn.sqf:

if !(vehicleVarName player in JWC_CASarray) exitWith {};
    [JWC_MaxD, JWC_lock, JWC_num] execVM "JWC_CASFS\addAction.sqf";

In the initCAS.sqf array :

JWC_CASarray = ["TL1","P1"];         // Add CAS init names to this array.

TL1,P1 are the name of the units.

What I'm missing? Thank you.

Please tell me I can use to this in Vietnam to get AI to drop napalm :)

hello :)

im not getting this to work in an existing MP Mission with just "Playable" characters.

I get it to work in a brand new MP Mission with just one Player Character and no other scripts or whatssoever in the init.sqf and description.ext but the CAS stuff.

any help would be appreciated

This script is ancient, so I guess there are some coded things not kept up to date.  I would love to help but I'm swamped with my own work.  I would recommend to open up your logs and try to see if there are error/stacktraces that you can figure out what is wrong.  Post those errors and I could point out what might be wrong etc...

If I have some spare time I'll take a look myself as well

i think i have detected the reason why it didnt load in MP sessions for me (and probably others?)

i've used the files in the official example mission (which doesnt work in eden editor). in that particular "description.ext" you can find:

respawn = "Base";
respawndelay = 1;
disabledAI = 1;
respawnDialog = 0;

The coloured word has to be in the mission and should be called "Base" to have it work. I have absolutely no idea why, also i have no idea what it actually means. ive found this by changing every single line in the description and tried the new mission file in a MP session.

How can i change that? what does "Respawn = "Base"; " mean? :D

How can i change that? what does "Respawn = "Base"; " mean? :D

Base is one of the respawn templates.  https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

It has always been in description.ext, however since Eden it is possible to have it in the mission file as well.  I'm not quite out yet what is the best , have it in the description describing how respawn should work or have it hardcoded in the mission file ... one of life's dilemma's I guess

Base is one of the respawn templates.  https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

It has always been in description.ext, however since Eden it is possible to have it in the mission file as well.  I'm not quite out yet what is the best , have it in the description describing how respawn should work or have it hardcoded in the mission file ... one of life's dilemma's I guess

okay thank you! iam very basic at editing that kind of mission files, so excuse me :)

i've searched the web and found the different templates on the arma 3 wiki. Problem is, in certain missions i dont want any respawn - so i change the "Base" to "None" - which on the other hand makes CAS not work anymore.

In another mission (Liberation), there are different respawn systems hardcoded, which i dont want to touch! and implementing the CAS stuff doesnt have any positive side scroll menue effect :(

iam clueless

In another mission (Liberation), there are different respawn systems hardcoded, which i dont want to touch! and implementing the CAS stuff doesnt have any positive side scroll menue effect :(

Actually Liberation uses Base as respawn.  However take some time learning to do some basic scripting.  If you feel clueless now you are going to get in more trouble trying to figure this script out and how stuff works.  The question you have to ask yourself is why does CAS not work anymore if I put the template to None.  Next up try and figure it out by debugging the script.  Then try to come up with a solution.  Take baby steps, if you are not a programmer this might feel daunting, but I believe everyone can be a programmer if they really want to !

5). Add a game logic to your mission and name it > varHolder

6). Name the units that should have the CAS Field System > CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 etc. etc.

This is the part i am stuck on, don't know where to add this or especially "add game logic"???

5). Add a game logic to your mission and name it > varHolder

6). Name the units that should have the CAS Field System > CAS1, CAS2, CAS3 etc. etc.

This is the part i am stuck on, don't know where to add this or especially "add game logic"???

A game logic is a module in the editor, Under modules there should be something called like that.  Then any of your own units that need to have the CAS system you simply name CAS1 ... X.  I don't have access to the game right now so can't give you a step by step