jw custom

Close Air Support Field System v0.4b

Love this script... use it all the time...

Mr burns

Find the cas.sqf file and about 20 lines down you will see this

_buzz = createVehicle ["I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F", _ranPos, [], 0, "FLY"];

replace the red part with the classname of your plane of choice

you can find this out by putting it down in the editor and it will be in the top right of the unit box and you

can copy and paste it from the editor box

to get more cas calls change this line in the init line you pasted into the unit

null = [this, 500, true, 2] execVM "JWC_CASFS\addAction.sqf"

the 2 is how many calls so change that to what you want... hint 99 is too many ;)

the 500 represents how close you need to be to target and i usually increase to about 750

Thanks Dreaded Entity for the focused fix... missed it but just saw that and its been bugging me :)

Thanks for your fast response, are these weapons part of the script so even if you flew in a helo it could drop a GBU?

Have you played around with different weapons? What about a 2 ship of A-10s can you just add two aircraft in the red bit you mentioned?

Thanks

Thanks for your fast response, are these weapons part of the script so even if you flew in a helo it could drop a GBU?

Have you played around with different weapons? What about a 2 ship of A-10s can you just add two aircraft in the red bit you mentioned?

Thanks

The script itself creates the aircraft and the bombs so while technically you could likely change the aircraft to a heli and it would drop the bombs but it isn't representative of bombs you can drop yourself while piloting a heli

this could be scripted of course

I havent tried scripting different ammo because JWC has done a pretty good job with the AP bombs.

You could definately add a second plane in the script but there would be more to it then just adding a line as you would need to also create the second bomb etc...

I will likely fiddle with that over the next few days so i will let you know as now you have me curious lol

The script itself creates the aircraft and the bombs so while technically you could likely change the aircraft to a heli and it would drop the bombs but it isn't representative of bombs you can drop yourself while piloting a heli

this could be scripted of course

I havent tried scripting different ammo because JWC has done a pretty good job with the AP bombs.

You could definately add a second plane in the script but there would be more to it then just adding a line as you would need to also create the second bomb etc...

I will likely fiddle with that over the next few days so i will let you know as now you have me curious lol

Yeah I was thinking about some aircraft I have like the B1B which doesnt have weapons. I wonder if you can mod it to do a whole load of carpet bombing along a line.....

Edited by Mr_Burns

Yeah I was thinking about some aircraft I have like the B1B which doesnt have weapons. I wonder if you can mod it to do a whole load of carpet bombing along a line.....

Really it is all possible with enough work and some luck...

2014-11-10_00002_zpse1098389.jpg

2014-11-10_00001_zps21885e1a.jpg

and the B1b outfitted for a cas role... Which is to say the script allows it to work ;)

2014-11-10_00006_zps3efc87fc.jpg

Edited by CosmiC10R

Hi have you got an update for your script with the error fixed for MP respawn and dedicated server.

Also have you got a link for the demo missions as the link does not work.

Thanks for all your work to add to this great game.

Enjoyed this easy to use CAS. It stopped working since latest update?

Any chance for an update to it?

Nice Script! But seems buggy for some reason...please update for MP :)

Yes this needs a fix for mp. when you die it is gone. also it only works once in mp

Okay i've startet to play ArmA a bit again and decided to finally make this script MP compatible.

It's seems to be working ok in MP now :)

Any requests before a release?

The number of CAS calls are tied to the unit so if a player leave a server and another player joins and use that same unit the number of CAS calls left sticks.

So im thinking adding a counter so after a certain amount of time the CAS calls get renewed.

• Like 1

Isn't it already MP compatible? Or did you just mean the JIP part maintaining CAS call counts?

No it wasn't working correctly in MP. I posted some examples that made it somewhat working but not properly.

Script is now updated and should work in MP.

See first post :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Script updated :)

v0.3b

- Removed JDAM/Clusterbomb combo
- Added Napalm bomb
- Changed global names to unique names
- Added option to block munition types
- Added option to use CAS blocked zones

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Close Air Support Field System v0.3b

===============================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

HI, thanks for the new version ?!

i'm using since the begining, works perfect on MP

On your new version i found a problem, you use OnplayerRespawn.sqf now in new version, but OnplayerRespawn.sqf does not fire if you use respawnOnstart = -1; in dexcription.ext

that(s my case, i use it on MP TDM server !

how to use your OnplayerRespawn code elsewhere ?

because it will not work like this with respawnOnstart = -1;

i cannot change this because i need this setting like this.

JW,

Awesome script, the JDAM and cluster bomb work perfectly in MP and I was able to modify it a bit for my own missions to use the JS FA-18, and the F-16, works perfectly in both cases!

The only issue I have come across is that in a multiplayer mission where I am hosting the server my clients are unable to see the napalm fire effect. The bombs do damage but there is no lingering fire effect for them. I have used the GOon napalm script with my A-10's before and they were able to see that fire just fine but I can't see what could be causing the issue here, unless it is simply map related (I was using the Atlantis Map). I will try it on Stratis with a client tonight and see if it is still an issue.

The JDAM's are accurate but not very powerful, with a small splash radius and most of the time hits on armor will damage but not destroy them. I tried modding in different munitions including the bombs from the A-10 in game, and some modded ones but those always miss the target as they fall at different speeds. Do you think there is any way to increase the amount of damage the standard JDAM does?

All in all even without these changes the ability to call a plane and drop a bomb really makes my coop missions even better, thank you so much for the awesome script!

About JDAM damage,,, i can't change that without editing config files and then this becomes a mod instead of a script. I could add some damage manually, i'll think about that. 90% of my JDAM hits on armor targets destroys them though!

I'll look into that napalm issue. Were your clients in-game when the napalm bomb hit or did they JIP in after?

JW,

Thanks for the reply! They were in game when I called the strike. I still want to test this on a non-mod map just to be sure and have not had a chance to do so yet. Maybe tonight I can do that.

When the plane spawns it seems to spawn as a civilian side, I assume this is to prevent it from being shot down, is there a line that I could modify to make the place bluefor or redfor? Since I run coop missions it would be cool to have enemy AA try and take down the plane even if it isn't able to be killed.

Still an absolutely sweet script and I'm going to be using it in a lot of my missions!

Plane is spawned to side west with setCaptive true and allowDamage false... This is done to avoid AI taking over and flying on it's own when shot upon. You can change this in CAS.sqf but it will often break things.

I'll PM you a test version in a bit that hopefully will fix the napalm issue.

JW!

I just launched your test version with one of the players who I know could not see the napalm before and this appears to have fixed it! Thank you!

Pretty brilliant about avoiding the AI taking over, I understand why you did that now. Just curious, would forcing the AI to spawn as "Careless" Accomplish the same thing but allow the plane to be set as bluefor still?

Thanks for the help with the MP issue. The Napalm works great!

Just curious, would forcing the AI to spawn as "Careless" Accomplish the same thing but allow the plane to be set as bluefor still?

The plane is already spawned in as west aka blufor. The reason it's not shot upon is because setCaptive in CAS.sqf is set to true.

Script updated :)

v0.4b

- Fixed napalm MP issue

- Removed flyInHeight which cause some issues

For getting a plane depending on side of player, you can use this in CAS.sqf, line 31

_planeType = switch (side player) do {
  case (west): {"B_Plane_CAS_01_F"};
  case (east): {"O_Plane_CAS_02_F"};
  case (independent): {"I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F"};
  default {"B_Plane_CAS_01_F"};
};
_buzz = createVehicle [_planeType, _ranPos, [], 0, "FLY"];

And use createVehicleCrew for spawning the pilot (and  you don't need to create a group this way, but you will need to define it for referencing it later)

It doesn't matter which side plane is on as setCaptive has to be true for script to have somewhat control over the plane.