Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Free copy of Civ 5 or Mafia 2 on Steam (ends Oct 20th)

A lot of hit and miss to be honest. It took me a dozen attempts until I got the Verification Email from GMG. But when I click on the activation link it tells me that I still haven´t voted (wich I have)....

A lot of hit and miss to be honest. It took me a dozen attempts until I got the Verification Email from GMG. But when I click on the activation link it tells me that I still haven´t voted (wich I have)....

You have to wait 24h for the link to work, maybe more cause of the weekend. Just keep the link and test tomorrow.

Just did this, went for Civ V, haven't bought any Civ's in since 3, so I thought I would take the opportunity.

Had the same, voted 7 hours ago and tried a couple of times then with that same message. Tried it now and got the game. As Tony says, a bit of patience required. :)

Got my Mafia 2 key yesterday a whole day after voting.

On the same GMG page where it says "appears you´ve not voted" it´s also telling you about the required waiting time of up to 24 hrs.

Very kind offer from GMG and 2K.

Already got my Civ5 aswell, however not installing it yet as i´m confident it´d mess up my already messed gaming schedule even more :D

On the same GMG page where it says "appears you´ve not voted" it´s also telling you about the required waiting time of up to 24 hrs.

Very kind offer from GMG and 2K.

Already got my Civ5 aswell, however not installing it yet as i´m confident it´d mess up my already messed gaming schedule even more :D

Indeed, still waiting for mine though

Yay, it worked! Did actually have to wait a whole day, but I'm not gonna complain. After all, free game. :)

Thanks for the tip, JBR.

Unless I'm mistaken, it appears the prize is no longer a copy of either Mafia or Civilization, it is now a chance to win an iPad mini?

Damn, guess I'm late to the party! :(

Unless I'm mistaken, it appears the prize is no longer a copy of either Mafia or Civilization, it is now a chance to win an iPad mini?

Damn, guess I'm late to the party! :(

The Ipad thing is just a contest you're automatically entered into I think.

The game giveaway is on until the 20th.

You need to wait at least 24 hours before the link you receive in your email from Green man gaming will work

or you'll get an error like "You didn't appear to vote yet" or something like that.

If you use a different browser and email address you can get both games.

I received the email that should have had my key but - no key :( just a blank space after the word "Key:"

I've received an email to say that, they are no longer offering the free game(s) as they have had too many entries :(

Well I fired off a polite email & received a key, and Steam has accepted & loaded up Civilization V for me... so that's turned out OK for me. Haven't tried it yet still at work :)

All mention of the free game has gone as far as I can see, bummer a few hours too late

@OP thanks for heads up though

Well I fired off a polite email & received a key, and Steam has accepted & loaded up Civilization V for me... so that's turned out OK for me. Haven't tried it yet still at work :)

I chose Mafia 2, and i can't say i'm good at driving those beautiful cars...

I chose Mafia 2, and i can't say i'm good at driving those beautiful cars...

I hope you haven't switched the driving style to "Simulation" then ...

Regarding the e-mail: two days and still no e-mail with a key. Oh well.

I hope you haven't switched the driving style to "Simulation" then ...

Regarding the e-mail: two days and still no e-mail with a key. Oh well.

You should contact their customer support with a kind Email. AS far as I remember there was something along the lines of "Don´t worry your name is on the list" under the "wait 24 hours" stuff

You have to click on a link in one of those emails you received, then you will get the key in another email. Here was instantaneous.

How do I register with fb? Simply I don't want another useless account

You have to click on a link in one of those emails you received, then you will get the key in another email. Here was instantaneous.

Did that on the 13th, it said I should be getting the key in due time. Going to wait for a few more hours before I e-mail them. I just rechecked the confirmation link and the page now says that the process was stopped and they are following up on everyone that sent in their votes before they stopped awarding the free game offer.

Edit: lol I just got it 5 seconds after posting this :p

Thanks anyway :D