TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@K-evars = not sure if we can turn off the auto rudder of annoying, pretty sure we can't.

@Rory = done

Hello,

About track ir axis availability, Is it possible to add side and up/down in-cockpit movement like in some of the helis?

We already have pitch, yaw, roll and Z (for zooming) axis available with trackir in planes, but X and Y axis are the ones would be great to be working.

In any case, great mod.

BTW Where can we download the development builds?

Edited by peybolman

@Pey = We have no control over TrackIR controls. Lean function is very limited looking forward but we have found that you can look behind and kind of lean over. It is limited as you are sitting in a tight cockpit unlike the wider open helicopters. Also the Dev builds of the F18s are limited to selected testing personnel and groups as to keep better control over the mod.

Hi Saul,

Im wondering if you would be willing to make different weapon loadouts available? Currently my mission is all about dogfighting and seems kinda pointless flying around with LGB's and mavericks. Any chance we can get an AA (just sidewinders and amrams) version and AG version aswell as the nice mixture between the two that you have currently.

Also any thoughts on changing the afterburner texture? it kinda sticks out at daytime. maybe be best leaving the pipes dark and having a particle effect of some sort coming out the back for afterburner flame.

Thanks

Customizable loadouts in the form of a "service menu" is already WIP as mentioned pages ago in the thread.

@Rory = As chortles said, we are working on porting over all weapons and the service menu to the A3 varient as mentioned before. We are looking to have a release sometime this coming weekend. The afterburner is something that will need work however it is not a priority right now. Also if you ever get a chance to look at afterburners during the day they are near invisible, especially stage 1 which we are emulating.

Work continues, look forward to our next update.

Any way to fold the wings in the Editor? So they are fold when the Mission starts?

Any way to fold the wings in the Editor? So they are fold when the Mission starts?

if you had read the pdf that came with the download it says to put the following into the init of the plane

fa18foldwingscript = [this] execvm "js_fa18\script\FA18_foldwings.sqf"

I have this plane on my domination server. But once it is destroyed it will not respawn. I have been searching for a solution on how to get this to respawn, but have come up empty. plz anyone help?

I have this plane on my domination server. But once it is destroyed it will not respawn. I have been searching for a solution on how to get this to respawn, but have come up empty. plz anyone help?

That's a config issue with the plane vs the default respawn system from ArmA3. ArmA3's respawn requires a simulation config entry of "airplanex" while this mod has the F-18 as simulation of "airplane", no trailing x as all the other vehicles by default.

if you had read the pdf that came with the download it says to put the following into the init of the plane

fa18foldwingscript = [this] execvm "js_fa18\script\FA18_foldwings.sqf"

Great, now I just need that script -,-

It shows a error at the beginning

@Moon = Need more detail then it shows an error at the beginning :D

@Saul, I also get the error. It says "script\FA18_foldwings.sqf" not found. Hope that helps :)

Folded wings in mission start-up:

fa18foldwingscript = [this] execvm "js_jc_fa18\scripts\FA18_foldwings.sqf";

by mistake in README path to this this script was incorrect.

Give this a try.

VERSION 1.2 RELEASE

Refer to original post and README file for all major information.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

DIRECT DOWNLOAD v1.2

READ ME

wargame_labs_logo_zps07afdd6b.png

DOWNLOAD FROM WARGAME LABS (not updated)

[thank's to GoodKill for hosting this mod]

news_donwload_oa_4.png

DOWNLOAD FROM ARMAHOLIC

[thank's Foxhound, much apriciated]

Change Log:

v1.2 - Updated 9-29-13

- new weapons added to built in missilebox

- UI for arming menu added

- UI for custom skin selection added

- 19 custom HD skins added [in separate PBO, not mandatory to use mod]

- small bug fixes/code optimization

- action menu entries tweaked to make sure pilot/WSO have the right ones

- classname for F version changed [new one is JS_JC_FA18F]

- WSO camera tweaked

- Other small optimizations

Enjoy !!!

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/466/bzda.jpg (215 kB)

Edited by Saul

above and beyond anything Boehmia Interactive released thus far.. and it provides customization and features on a level that they can only dream about. are you guys working on anything else?

You guys ever thought about creating a game similar to ARMA or a flight simulator? I would def back that on Kickstarter lol

The aircraft dashboard would not light up when engine starts at night. It worked with the old version, something changed?

Lads, we are still working on it. So please be patient on details to be upgraded. As Saul stated in first post.

THERE ARE CHANGES IN SCRIPT PATHS AND AN UPDATED CLASNAME FOR F VERSION SEE FULL README

What's Planned

- Service Menu tweaks

- External Fuel Tank system

- Buddy Pod Refueling

- GPS/ INS system

- Upgraded cockpit

- Start-up animations

- And much more

We are planning a major update, with improved cockpit, more animated and realistic. All in time. We had an option to release a basic version with ARMA 3 going gold and keep updating it or holding it till we are done fully[another 3-4 months I recon]. As you can see we decided to give you a chance to have it now and update it in stages.

- UI at latter stage will have full customization over aircraft's settings [you will be able to switch from arcade to pro]

- all the cockpit lights and instruments will be finished

- proper ejection function

- fuel control with auxiliary tank support [now fuel tanks are just visual]

- advanced weapons, like cluster bombs and anti ship missiles that behave as they should

- better even more quality HD textures

- one new skin will be introduced

- carrier capability [depends when the carrier will be ready]

We don't want to go to flight sim level, just because we can does not mean we have to - ARMA is a combined arms game, we need to consider balance in gameplay. We are considering other projects as well, but I'll keep a bit of a secrecy on them, till we have a decent beta version.

And thanks for the kind words lads, that is nice to hear that we managed to get it almost right.

Edited by John_Spartan

Again thank you very much for informing about the release! :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (John_Spartan) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.