TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

@Papa = We will look into that :D Also we are currently in the process of redesigning the HUD to match the RL F/A-18s. We will try to see if we can cut down the targeting clutter to only the designated target. No promises though ;)

Good news ;)

The new cockpit is nice.

@Saul

Ok mate, yeah i was in it alone and in the pilot seat, buddy came on later and we duo's in it and everything worked fine, dude cant thank you enough for this Mod, what are the chances of you doing the Eurofightter :-)

@Red = I completely agree with the hud being to dark at night, however I don't know if we can fix that without the new tools (which aren't available yet...). We are planning on a new HUD and we will definitely make sure its not invisible at night. ARMA 3 seems to adjust the brightness of the head based on the light settings. I completely get what they were trying to do in keeping the HUD from overpowering your view at night (which plagued us in ARMA 2) but they took it a little to far. As for thrust, we are constantly tweaking the flight model and will be doing more testing soon. If you can send me a PM with more detail that would be awesome.

@Trent = Sounds are a definet possibility at some point. This is an initial release and I can already tell you we have a War and Peace list of things to add, fix, or tweak.

@Oliver = We have stage 1 afterburners already (effects to come soon for night time). As far as any transport aircraft, we have no plans though I do believe and this is just speculation that BI has a C-130 that they are working on. (found a C-130 wreck in the editor labeled as a C-193 or something like that, who knows.)

@Grey = Awesome video, love the support.

@Bruce = We have no plans for a Eurofighter unfortunatly. There was a group that made one I believe for ARMA 2 and I believe they will be delivering it to ARMA 3 sometime soon.

Love model, love flight and all, The hud is not seen in night vision o no nv mode. check and fix, please. add interactivity in the cockpit./and lights for night flight, outside cockpit opening, the rest is perfect! THIS MODD Is AWESOME! ADD THIS IN THE CORE GAME YEAH!!

kP2Zm2Yl.jpg

ZXli4tpl.jpg

8wO1fUql.jpg

0dfWFMl.jpg

Edited by igu4na

Amazing work guy's, you've added some really nice feature's to this.

Hopefully this is the first of many more Arma 3 Plane Addon's! But they've got some work to do to follow up from this bad boy!

A create a video showing off this beast! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xo1Nd6XjCk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUe_yREfLcaLvsBMMiVOtSDA

Thank's.

this plane handles so well, it has all the features needed and it's very well animated, combine all of that with a wonderful 3D model and amazing lighting and voilà, an amazing mod

I made a little video to show the back seater view...I love the fact he can use the Targeting Pod...so I set up some technicals and hit them with an AGM-65...because Eff you thats why! Great, great, great, addon!

Amazing addon...very impressed. I am wondering though, the RIO/WSO has the ability to laze targets, but not do a bomb release while lazing...so what is the plan to use that to drop the GBUs? Work in pairs or have a JTAC on the ground? Or can you Drop, and then Laze real quick and hope for the best?

Is there any chance you guys would be adding CCRP release dumb bombs and maybe add some more loadouts like Rockets? I would really like a Air-to-Air version, a Strike package Version (you pretty much have that now honestly) and a Close Air Support version (with Marine Markings)

I am going to be using this in a mission I am making for my Unit (www.soclan.co.uk) so if any of the developers would like to join in that mission let me know...I would love to show you how they look when deployed by our group!

Great Addon....again...

SORRY SAUL! I got so excited that I forgot to put your name in my video...I love you still I promise!

Edited by Abshire
I forgot to show Saul love....

You can already put the Nimitz in Arma 3. I did it before by just moving it over, but I haven't tried it lately.
It may work, but last I heard from Jdog regarding the idea of a port was on the day of the beta release:
Not likely from me, unless the game gets changed to have actual gravity where an object moves along with whatever object it's on top of. I haven't touched it in years and not really worth my effort to re-figure out what I made to port it if I can't also improve on it the way I want.
He hasn't posted since a few days after that.
Amazing addon...very impressed. I am wondering though, the RIO/WSO has the ability to laze targets, but not do a bomb release while lazing...so what is the plan to use that to drop the GBUs? Work in pairs or have a JTAC on the ground? Or can you Drop, and then Laze real quick and hope for the best?

Is there any chance you guys would be adding CCRP release dumb bombs and maybe add some more loadouts like Rockets? I would really like a Air-to-Air version, a Strike package Version (you pretty much have that now honestly) and a Close Air Support version (with Marine Markings)

Saul answered on the prior page:
you are stuck with a multirole loadout for the time being. HOWEVER we are planning on a release this coming weekend which will include the updated service menu and hopefully the refueling and external tank scripts.

@Abshire = To answer your questions. First the laser function is limited right now (still needs testing) and is almost a direct port from the Greyhawks. We are planning on making it to where a single aircraft WITH the ATFLIR pod can laz it's own targets but until we get the new mod tools it is on hold. For now it does work as a buddy system where you can laz targets for other aircraft (which I don't believe has been done yet in ARMA, don't quote me on that.) Second we will be releasing our service menu shortly which will allow you to customize your aircraft loadout per station in game. We are in the process of updating it from ARMA 2 and making the UI even sexier so look forward to the release within the next week or so. Last CCRP is on the planning stage.

To all others, thank you for the support. We love this mod and it's great to see that you all do to. Look forward to many more updates and more functionality in the future.

Question! Will be no Napalm effect by dropping fuel tank? D:

second NVG HUD looks akward seem's dosen't work properly D:

Afterburner is amazing, perfect for take-off in the short runways, i also love the extra options you have in the action menu!

Absolutely brilliant aircraft guys, good job!

I have another suggestion, can you make the F-18 compatible with the supports requester? So that you could request CAS as an infantryman, and select whether it's LGBs, AGMs, and dumb bombs(drop the LGBs with no marker)

This is so much win, an at the right time too, to help fill a hole in the CAS/CAP roles. Definatly giving it a home in my server!

And now for some eye candy XD

Smezzy, there needs to be more full 3D cockpits, established polycounts of years ago be damned. If you have trouble with the polycount there you can use a proxy of the cockpit to keep the detail, performance also will NOT drop significantly as this is the same method I used on my apache. Using this method will also allow you to assign a shadow LOD to the proxy and as a result, not have to add polygons into the primary models shadow lod, so that you can have switches, knobs and the display frames casting realtime shadows.

I don't recommendusing the inverse method however as all of those pieces casting on eachother inversed will create floating artifacts, so you may want to copy duplicate or near duplicate pieces for the shadow LOD should you pursue this method (and I highly recommend you do if you're wanting to maximize that eye candy)

Smezzy, there needs to be more full 3D cockpits, established polycounts of years ago be damned. If you have trouble with the polycount there you can use a proxy of the cockpit to keep the detail, performance also will NOT drop significantly as this is the same method I used on my apache. Using this method will also allow you to assign a shadow LOD to the proxy and as a result, not have to add polygons into the primary models shadow lod, so that you can have switches, knobs and the display frames casting realtime shadows.

I don't recommendusing the inverse method however as all of those pieces casting on eachother inversed will create floating artifacts, so you may want to copy duplicate or near duplicate pieces for the shadow LOD should you pursue this method (and I highly recommend you do if you're wanting to maximize that eye candy)

Could you write a tutorial on how to do that? Would be awesome as hell.

Hiya, I just took the F/A 18 out for a spin over Altis and it was glorious! 900kph with less than 50m altitude is certainly something and the controls were smooth as silk. You have done amazing work on this mod so far - I can't wait to see how it develops :)

Just tried this. Very impressed with all the features. Keep up the goodwork!