tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

5 minutes ago, Biflioi said:

Thanks for the update tpw! I really like how you managed to get that ambient sound subtile and diverse enough to not annoy over time. The few times I was playing without it made me realize how sterile it feels to hear only me ;) 

Cheers mate, I appreciate the feedback!

• Like 2

Oh an update, exciting!

Thanks for the continued support TPW, your mod is hands down a must have =) Even if your Civs often fall prey to Haleks zombies heheh

Cheers!

• Like 1

I want to thank you for the amazing mod and the hard work you put in to it. Use it all the time. Brings life to the maps. Is it compatible with x-cam maps? X-cam Taunus doesn't spawn civs or vehicles in the town area's. All i get is heli's and wildlife. 

26 minutes ago, tuxmaster said:

I want to thank you for the amazing mod and the hard work you put in to it. Use it all the time. Brings life to the maps. Is it compatible with x-cam maps? X-cam Taunus doesn't spawn civs or vehicles in the town area's. All i get is heli's and wildlife. 

Taunus uses a lot of custom buildings. A lot of TPW MODS functionality relies on being able to spawn things in or near known building classes. Until I get round to IDing the buildings or someone sends me a list of building classes it's going to be a desert I'm afraid!

On 6/12/2017 at 11:57 PM, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20170613: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9sui494f7ttnnxa/TPW_MODS_20170613.zip

Changes:

• [CARS 1.54] Additional code to prevent cars from getting too close to players.
  • [CORE 1.38] Replaced inadvertently removed Greek house classes. 
  • [SOAP 1.15] Added Eastern European / Russian ambience, and "tower of babel" polyglot ambience combining all ambient sounds and music. Improved automatic detection and assignment of correct regional sounds for many maps.

A crying need addressed.  Thank you.

TPW MODS 20170619: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8cnvh66zsqp0zr/TPW_MODS_20170619.zip

Changes:

• [HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]
  • [BLEEDOUT 1.31] Streamlined code. Writhing units will occasionally gasp.
  • [CORE 1.39] Improved unit disabling/reenabling code. No more units stuck on the ground in BLEEDOUT or FALL!
  • [FALL 1.56] Streamlined and simplified code, removed redundant ragdolling code - AI always use setunconscious for ragdolling, player always uses PhysX. Hit units can immediately receive 1st aid.
  • [HUD 1.63] Altitude display changes from ASL to AGL when in aircraft.
  • [RADIO 1.28] Workaround for say3d command which broke in recent A3 releases, player radio is now audible again.
  • [SOAP 1.16] Distant sirens will sound during and after firefights in denser urban areas.

Just a slew of bug fixes and minor feature additions. The Combo of TPW BLEEDOUT and FALL had been occasionally rendering units stuck on the ground. This bugged the shit out of me so I went over the code with a microscope, removed a lot of redundant stuff and refactored a lot of the remainder. In extensive playtesting I've yet to encounter a stuck unit, please let me know if you do.

• Like 9

@ TPW - I am getting back into ARMA now and I wanted to know is it possible to define more than 1 user chosen units under skirmish?

I notice we can assign predefined factions such as NATO, CSAT, PACIFIC CSAT, but I also wanted to group 2 or 3 different user mods into 1 team to form an alliance using an array?

example - RHS EAST and RHS GREENFOR on one team, instead of making Bluefor RHS EAST, Greenfor RHS GREENFOR and then switching NATO to OpFor?

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = {"RHS_EAST","RHS_GREEN"}; // Custom string to select enemy units from config

Is this possible? I tried to change the user config but it didn't work. No rush but appreciate if you can look at it when you have time.

2 hours ago, Valken said:

example - RHS EAST and RHS GREENFOR on one team, instead of making Bluefor RHS EAST, Greenfor RHS GREENFOR and then switching NATO to OpFor?

is it possible to play against project opfor islmic state? Where I must add faction name?

IMHO tpw, the only thing really missing from this is the dedi side of things for skirmish. I know it would prove difficult but a constant war in a random area would be amazing. So instead of being based around a player position it would be 2 or 3 random areas chosen on any map. 

I'm in no way an expert on this but I'm happy to help test things out for you. 

18 minutes ago, sammael said:

is it possible to play against project opfor islmic state? Where I must add faction name?

Yes you can.

So you if want to go up against PO IS, you need to add the faction string or part of it to the userconfig that specifies which team you want it to be on.

So if you want IS as OpFor - it would be something like:

tpw_skirmish_enemyunitstring = "ISIS"; // Custom string to select enemy units from config

Replace the ISIS with the correct string that all IS units have in common. You can also define what type of vehicles those units would use as well in the enemyVEHstring variable.

@ kremator - you can have an all out war but you have to remember this mod is SP and it EATS up a lot of CPU if you get all those AI going, including the civilians, boats, cars and planes.

I did a test with only skirmish and animals, and it was ok. As soon as I add civilians, cars, boats and planes, my FPS tanks by 10 or more. We are talking low 20s already.

You can have Skirmish OR ambient AI. That is the limit for my cpu i7-4970k @ 4.4 GHZ OC. I would love to get faster cpu to run more AI.

8 minutes ago, Valken said:

@ kremator - you can have an all out war but you have to remember this mod is SP and it EATS up a lot of CPU if you get all those AI going, including the civilians, boats, cars and planes.

Oh I know that.... this is why I would like to use my dedi's power.

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback and tech support. Kremator I'll look into adding an option for SKIRMISH so that it randomly picks a town on a map and does its thing around that location rather than the player's location. I'll take you up on your offer to test it on a dedicated server though. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback and tech support. Kremator I'll look into adding an option for SKIRMISH so that it randomly picks a town on a map and does its thing around that location rather than the player's location. I'll take you up on your offer to test it on a dedicated server though. 

More than happy to 'science the shit out of it'!

Shower thought ....

I could imagine a scenario here where you get a random starting point (at one of the airfields etc) and you are then given a mission to extract a VIP / assassinate a leader / carry out guerrilla actions in the SKIRMISH town.  With the battle raging all around this would be quite a challenge.

5 hours ago, sniper pilot said:

Anyone else getting TPW_SOAP errors thrown on screen?

Can you tell me what they are? That'd help :)

On 6/17/2017 at 11:58 PM, tpw said:

Just a slew of bug fixes and minor feature additions. The Combo of TPW BLEEDOUT and FALL had been occasionally rendering units stuck on the ground. This bugged the shit out of me so I went over the code with a microscope, removed a lot of redundant stuff and refactored a lot of the remainder. In extensive playtesting I've yet to encounter a stuck unit, please let me know if you do.

Oh so that's what was causing that haha. Yeah that was one reason I used Zeus in my ravage adventures, AI gets injured I medkit them then they'd stay on the ground and I couldn't get them to regroup/move/stand up.  So I'd fire up Zeus, grab and drag the dude up into the air and let him go... for some reason the forced parachute animation would get them functional again =)

Edit to mention the siren sounds after a firefight around towns is really cool!

• Like 1

Hey, its been along time since i used TPW and i have some questions. 

It says that ebs and LOS have depreciated because of engine changes. do they still work?

also does this work with custom factions?

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, kothen said:

Hey, its been along time since i used TPW and i have some questions. 

It says that ebs and LOS have depreciated because of engine changes. do they still work?

also does this work with custom factions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @kothen

EBS and LOS both should still work just fine, with AI of any faction. Give them a go and please let me know if there are any problems.

• Like 1

TPW MODS 20170702: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vplyw0odbqaf7uj/TPW_MODS_20170702.zip

Changes:

[HPP UPDATE REQUIRED]

• [CARS 1.55] Improved code to prevent cars too close to player.
  • [CORE 1.40, FOG 1.54, SOAP 1.17] Added Lythium to region, sound and climate list.
  • [SOAP 1.17] Occasional distant chainsaws in forested areas. Adjusted volume and duration of ISIS propaganda broadcasts for mideast maps. Adjusted volume of children on French maps. Added dynamic urban traffic ambience.

Howdy all. The two main changes in this update:

1-  Support for the incredible Lythium terrain by FFAAMOD. This map truly is a masterpiece and I urge you to not walk, not run, but sprint to your computer to download and install it.   

2 - Urban traffic ambience. TPW SOAP's dynamic urban traffic ambience has been designed to simulate the noise of medium/distant traffic, which changes appropriately with the urban (road) density and the time of day. It's a non-trivial exercise to balance things so that there is no detectable traffic in an isolated small village, a subliminal hum of traffic in small towns, and an immersive racket in a large city. The system was developed for Arma 3 native maps (Tanoa/Altis/Stratis/Malden) and should largely work as stated on the tin for these - to my ears it sounds very convincing (but your mileage may vary). 3rd party maps often have radically different road and house density and layouts which may render the traffic inappropriately loud or soft. Depending on your taste tpw_soap_trafficmult can be adjusted from its default of 12 in your userconfig, or on the fly via shell/scripts/triggers. 0 = no traffic noise ever, 24 = very loud traffic. 

• Like 6

TPW MODS 20170705: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60ai4u89qyxiyeh/TPW_MODS_20170705.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.41, FOG 1.55, SOAP 1.18] Added Prei Khmaoch Luong to region, sound and climate list.
  • [HUD 1.64] Fixed per frame icon display bug which caused performance degradation with dev build 1.73.142285 

Sorry for the rapid turnaround. The most recent dev build caused a significant issue for TPW HUD, in which the relatively expensive per frame event handler for displaying unit icons kept being duplicated every 0.5 sec. This eventually bought the game to a crawl. I happened to be working on support for Bludski's incredible Prei Khmaoch Luong Cambodian jungle terrain, so you get that thrown in for free along with the bug fix. 

• Like 2

So trying to start up TPW SETTINGS.jar just gives me an error log

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: setSelectedIndex: 45 out of bounds

at javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedIndex(Unknown Source)

at gui.components.ComboBoxParameter.setValue(ComboBoxParameter.java:36)

at mods.factories.ModFactory.setValueToParameter(ModFactory.java:33)

at fileio.FileParser.readSection(FileParser.java:146)

at fileio.FileParser.readFile(FileParser.java:65)

at exec.Main.loadValuesFromConfig(Main.java:141)

at exec.Main.loadValues(Main.java:57)

at exec.Main.<init>(Main.java:25) at exec.Main.main(Main.java:32)

Ideas?

7 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20170705: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60ai4u89qyxiyeh/TPW_MODS_20170705.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.41, FOG 1.55, SOAP 1.18] Added Prei Khmaoch Luong to region, sound and climate list.
  • [HUD 1.64] Fixed per frame icon display bug which caused performance degradation with dev build 1.73.142285 

Sorry for the rapid turnaround. The most recent dev build caused a significant issue for TPW HUD, in which the relatively expensive per frame event handler for displaying unit icons kept being duplicated every 0.5 sec. This eventually bought the game to a crawl. I happened to be working on support for Bludski's incredible Prei Khmaoch Luong Cambodian jungle terrain, so you get that thrown in for free along with the bug fix. 

I gotta tell you: I love the domestic knock down-drag out sound for the Russians.  Very cool.