tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

12 hours ago, tpw said:

Many thanks for this Godis_1, I tracked down the stupid error and the fix will be released in a day or two. The reason this error went unnoticed for so long is that it only occurs in MP, which I never play.

Thanks a lot! Appreciate your great support!

How can i enable animals to spawn in forested areas, id like to be able to go into the woods to hunt! you know more realism 

1 hour ago, Stevetibb95 said:

How can i enable animals to spawn in forested areas, id like to be able to go into the woods to hunt! you know more realism 

Hi Stevetibb95

I guess there are two ways for you to get your hunting fix in the forest

1 - tpw_animal_minradius . This defaults to 75 but if you set it lower you increase the likelihood of animals spawning in forests. The system scans for trees in this radius and only spawns animals if there are less than 50 trees. Smaller radius = fewer trees.

2 - buy Hunter Call of the Wild (seriously, you won't regret it).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tpw said:

Hi Stevetibb95

I guess there are two ways for you to get your hunting fix in the forest

1 - tpw_animal_minradius . This defaults to 75 but if you set it lower you increase the likelihood of animals spawning in forests. The system scans for trees in this radius and only spawns animals if there are less than 50 trees. Smaller radius = fewer trees.

2 - buy Hunter Call of the Wild (seriously, you won't regret it).

aaaa yes , i remember trying to solve this problem sometime ago, i was trying to get rid of the tree scanning all together....any way, if there was someway of reversing it and only spawning them when 50+ trees are around that would be holy walrusy XD. 

Hey bud, fan of your work for a long time now. It's been awhile since I stopped by and said hey...

Was curious if you know how to fix an odd bug. I believe it's related to TPW FALL. When we do ParaJumps, or SCUBA ops in water, sometimes there is an issue where we get stuck in a crouch/stand loop.

Do you know how we can break out of that? With PJ/HALO Ops, it eventually detects we are touching the ground (guessing) and it stops. But with water ops, it gets stuck in a forever loop until we can get to ground which is impossible to swim in that stand/crouch loop bug.

I tried calling the Enable/Disable for TPW_FALL, but it didn't work. I thought I'd drop in here quick, before wading through your code.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Von Quest said:

Hey bud, fan of your work for a long time now. It's been awhile since I stopped by and said hey...

Was curious if you know how to fix an odd bug. I believe it's related to TPW FALL. When we do ParaJumps, or SCUBA ops in water, sometimes there is an issue where we get stuck in a crouch/stand loop.

Do you know how we can break out of that? With PJ/HALO Ops, it eventually detects we are touching the ground (guessing) and it stops. But with water ops, it gets stuck in a forever loop until we can get to ground which is impossible to swim in that stand/crouch loop bug.

I tried calling the Enable/Disable for TPW_FALL, but it didn't work. I thought I'd drop in here quick, before wading through your code.

Thoughts?

No worries Von Quest, I will look into it. Might take a little while as the drive with all my Arma stuff on it died in the arse today (5 years, not bad). Once my backups are back up I'll get onto it.

On 3/1/2017 at 7:28 AM, major-stiffy said:

Ok, I edited the scripts from the pics, hopefully it's fine now.

Well, I guess no love for me, hopefully I can figure it out. :dontgetit:

1 hour ago, major-stiffy said:

Well, I guess no love for me, hopefully I can figure it out. :dontgetit:

I'm feeling the love mate, I just can't view the bloody pix!

TPW, jst wanted to inform you about a missing soundfile in the radio class (nr. 40). I figured this when I tried to extract the sounds once, but it still can be seen inside the logs when using the TPW Addon:

Sound: Error: File: tpw_sounds\sounds\radio40.ogg not found !!!

Cheers :)

Edit: Oh, almost forgot about another thing: I set all variables in the init.sqf where it worked before, but for some reason it just enables TPW_HUD for me.  I am using it like this:

sleep 1;
	tpw_skirmish_active = false;
	tpw_bleedout_active = false;
	tpw_boat_active = false;
	tpw_car_active = false;
	tpw_civ_active = false;
	tpw_crowd_active = false;
	tpw_ebs_active = false;
	tpw_furniture_active = false;
	tpw_los_active = false;
	tpw_hud_active = false;
	tpw_fog_active = false;
	tpw_puddle_active = false;
	tpw_fall_active = false;

Is it me, or is it a bug?

1 hour ago, Godis_1 said:

TPW, jst wanted to inform you about a missing soundfile in the radio class (nr. 40). I figured this when I tried to extract the sounds once, but it still can be seen inside the logs when using the TPW Addon:

Sound: Error: File: tpw_sounds\sounds\radio40.ogg not found !!!

Cheers :)

Edit: Oh, almost forgot about another thing: I set all variables in the init.sqf where it worked before, but for some reason it just enables TPW_HUD for me.  I am using it like this:

sleep 1;
	tpw_bleedout_active = false;
	tpw_boat_active = false;
	tpw_car_active = false;
	tpw_civ_active = false;
	tpw_crowd_active = false;
	tpw_ebs_active = false;
	tpw_furniture_active = false;
	tpw_los_active = false;
	tpw_hud_active = false;
	tpw_fog_active = false;
	tpw_puddle_active = false;
	tpw_fall_active = false;

Is it me, or is it a bug?

Thanks Godis_1, I've fixed the missing file error.

tpw_hud_active = true/false definitely works, you can try it in the debug console.

The issue is that TPW HUD doesn't initialise until TPW CORE has finished its sun angle calculations. This can take a few seconds. If you add

WaitUntil {!isnil "tpw_core_sunangle"};
tpw_hud_active = false;

to the end of your init then you should be golden

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\bohemia interactive\arma 3
    main    REG_SZ    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

WELCOME TO THE INSTALLER FOR 'TPW MODS PACKAGE': THIS WILL AUTOMATICALLY COPY
ALL REQUIRED FILES TO THE CORRECT FOLDERS

Press any key to continue . . .

PHASE 1/4: UPDATING TPW MODS
File not found - @TPW_MODS
0 File(s) copied

ERROR: INSTALLATION FAILED
THE INSTALLER IS NOT IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE DOWNLOADED 'TPW MODS PACKAGE'

Been trying to find out why I am encountering this problem even though I slowly read your installation instruction and this keep popping out :I.

2 hours ago, Keng Lu said:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\bohemia interactive\arma 3
    main    REG_SZ    D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

WELCOME TO THE INSTALLER FOR 'TPW MODS PACKAGE': THIS WILL AUTOMATICALLY COPY
ALL REQUIRED FILES TO THE CORRECT FOLDERS

PHASE 1/4: UPDATING TPW MODS
File not found - @TPW_MODS
0 File(s) copied

ERROR: INSTALLATION FAILED
THE INSTALLER IS NOT IN THE SAME FOLDER AS THE DOWNLOADED 'TPW MODS PACKAGE'

Been trying to find out why I am encountering this problem even though I slowly read your installation instruction and this keep popping out :I.

Thanks Keng Lu. To be honest, I've never actually run the installer, it was kindly written for me by Gliptal a long time ago and  I include it out of inertia. I will look into it.

13 minutes ago, tpw said:

Thanks Keng Lu. To be honest, I've never actually run the installer, it was kindly written for me by Gliptal a long time ago and  I include it out of inertia. I will look into it.

Alright, so when I downloaded as a mod from selecting the folder @TPW like a regular mods from other website and install it it then gave me this message when I launch the game  "Include file userconfig/TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp not found."

Here's how it works:

Let's say you have a temporary directory such as c:\temp

You need to extract the @TPW_MODS directory from the archive to c:\temp 

Then you need to extract install.bat and shortcut.exe to c:\temp

So in c:\temp you should have:

@TPW_MODS

install.bat

shortcut.exe

If you run install.bat it should install without issue. I Just tried it here and it worked fine.

I have slightly updated the readme.txt in the installer 

6 minutes ago, tpw said:

Here's how it works:

Let's say you have a temporary directory such as c:\temp

You need to extract the @TPW_MODS directory from the archive to c:\temp 

Then you need to extract install.bat and shortcut.exe to c:\temp

So in c:\temp you should have:

@TPW_MODS

install.bat

shortcut.exe

If you run install.bat it should install without issue. I Just tried it here and it worked fine.

I have slightly updated the readme.txt in the installer 

Thank you so much for rephrasing it in a concise way

TPW MODS 20170304: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0gl9gax80r6hth/TPW_MODS_20170304.zip

Changes:

• [BLEEDOUT 1.29] Fixed undefined variable error in MP.
  • [CORE 1.34, FOG 1.50] Added Abramia, Lingor and Dingor to region and climate list.
  • [RADIO 1.27] Fixed missing radio sound error.

Not a major raft of changes, but since I've scored a new job I won't be updating as frequently. I am looking into a couple of other bugs, don't get too aggravated if a bug or a suggestion you've made recently hasn't made it into my changelog above. 

• Like 5

Mucho grats on the new job tpw !  We can withstand less frequent updates for a while at least :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20170304: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20170304.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.34, FOG 1.50] Added Abramia, Lingor and Dingor to region and climate list.

Not a major raft of changes, but since I've scored a new job I won't be updating as frequently. I am looking into a couple of other bugs, don't get too aggravated if a bug or a suggestion you've made recently hasn't made it into my changelog above. 

Congrats on the new job mate. What field of work is it?

13 hours ago, tpw said:

TPW MODS 20170304: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20170304.zip

Changes:

Quality mate. Nice one. Good luck with your new job!

9 hours ago, domokun said:

Quality mate. Nice one. Good luck with your new job!

12 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Congrats on the new job mate. What field of work is it?

Thanks guys. It's an analytical biochemistry postdoctoral gig, doing mass spectrometry and informatics. Start tomorrow, hopefully won't be too brain fried to do Arma stuff after hours!

• Like 3

Hi tpw, glad to hear you're doing well.

I was driving around in Tanoa, as BLUFOR, and I was engaged by a Kajman, spawned by AIR I supposed. I was just coming back to this mod after a long break so I'm not sure what to make of it. Is that intended behaviour?

4 hours ago, seba1976 said:

Hi tpw, glad to hear you're doing well.

I was driving around in Tanoa, as BLUFOR, and I was engaged by a Kajman, spawned by AIR I supposed. I was just coming back to this mod after a long break so I'm not sure what to make of it. Is that intended behaviour?

No definitely not intended behaviour. Aircraft spawned by TPW AIR are always spawned as civilians with targetting and other AI disabled. In all the years I've run this mod I've never been attacked by an aircraft

Do you have TPW SKIRMISH running perhaps? If you are allowing enemy units to call support then you could be fired upon by a Kajman,