tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

@tpw are you planning on expanding the tpw furniture on other maps after Tanoa? and if yes how hard that would be to add a support for most of the Arma 3 default and 3rd party terrains?

On 07/04/2017 at 1:51 AM, Jimmakos said:

@tpw are you planning on expanding the tpw furniture on other maps after Tanoa? and if yes how hard that would be to add a support for most of the Arma 3 default and 3rd party terrains?

So TPW FURNITURE currently works for Tanoan and Altian buildings. Most Takistani buildings are furnished, most Chernarussian buildings aren't enterable. Which means that it's really 3rd party buildings that need furnishing. I have no particular plans to do it, but am more than happy to assist other people to do so using a couple of scripts I've written.

Hello there :)

Just a quick question: Is anyone else experiencing issues with TPW Fall? I mean, that sometimes units that get knocked down refuse to stand up again, breaking the mission flow. The thing is, it's not happening regularly, but rather very random. It used to happen in the past on a much broader scale I might add, and was fixed for some time, but now it is slowly coming back :( . One example where I encountered it just this morning, would be in the main campaign, where towards the end you attack Pyrgos. Your convoy gets ambushed, and for some reason my entire squad gets knocked down and after that stubbornly refuses to get up again. I've waited for 5 minutes, but no luck. 

apart from that, I want to take the oppurtinity to thank you TPW, as you created (at least to me) the single most important mod in Arma. Many thanks for your hard work!

Hi tpw. Last week I was play on new super big cool real maps (143x143 km2 )from Snakeman. This maps is totaly empty but have good textures of towns and e.t.c

I was wondering is there a way to applay your TPW HOUSELIGHTS  or TPW STREETLIGHTS script to this maps...

without  place  any objects

Hi.

First time user here.

Could some multiplayer users here please give me some recommendations for what TPW mods work well in multiplayer. At the moment I have cars, air, civs, animals and park enabled. Are there any known issues with these in multiplayer ?

If I host an online multiplayer session on my PC (not dedicated) do I need to make sure all of us have the same .hpp config file for it to work properly ?

thanks in advance :)

They all seem to work on a local host, but most fail on a dedi server :(

On 4/8/2017 at 8:43 PM, flv*venom* said:

Hello there :)

Just a quick question: Is anyone else experiencing issues with TPW Fall? I mean, that sometimes units that get knocked down refuse to stand up again, breaking the mission flow. The thing is, it's not happening regularly, but rather very random. It used to happen in the past on a much broader scale I might add, and was fixed for some time, but now it is slowly coming back :( . One example where I encountered it just this morning, would be in the main campaign, where towards the end you attack Pyrgos. Your convoy gets ambushed, and for some reason my entire squad gets knocked down and after that stubbornly refuses to get up again. I've waited for 5 minutes, but no luck. 

apart from that, I want to take the oppurtinity to thank you TPW, as you created (at least to me) the single most important mod in Arma. Many thanks for your hard work!

Thanks for the heads up. I very occasionally experience it too, it's more likely to happen when the unit is knocked down by a vehicle or a non lethal explosion. Something to do with the interplay of FALL and BLEEDOUT. IT's my top priority to fix.

EDIT: Many thanks for the kind words by the way :)

• Like 1

On 4/8/2017 at 9:19 PM, sammael said:

Hi tpw. Last week I was play on new super big cool real maps (143x143 km2 )from Snakeman. This maps is totaly empty but have good textures of towns and e.t.c

I was wondering is there a way to applay your TPW HOUSELIGHTS  or TPW STREETLIGHTS script to this maps...

without  place  any objects

No sorry, these scripts actually need house and streetlight objects to function.

TPW MODS 20170415: https://www.dropbox.com/s/de6oxh4vbpo7y14/TPW_MODS_20170415.zip

Changes:

• [BLEEDOUT 1.30] Reduced incidence of units remaining stuck on their bellies.
  • [CORE 1.35, FOG 1.51] Added Carraigdubh to region and climate list.
  • [CROWD 1.06] Civs will no longer spawn in mid air on hilly terrain.
  • [RAINFX 1.15] Increased size/visibility of surface droplet fx.

Hi everyone. Sorry about the long delay since the last release, I've been flat out like the proverbial lizard drinking. No major new features added, but I have addressed a couple of irritating bugs, especially the BLEEDOUT/FALL bug which could result in units remaining on their bellies on the ground indefinitely after taking a hit. Please let me know if this fix works for you or not.

• Like 6

Hi tpw,

I was hoping somewhere down the line you could add Bushlurker's Island 51 to the region and climate list. As it's a fictional terrain with little information as to where it's based I'd guess it could belong to either the Mediterranean or European region...

3 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Hi tpw,

I was hoping somewhere down the line you could add Bushlurker's Island 51 to the region and climate list. As it's a fictional terrain with little information as to where it's based I'd guess it could belong to either the Mediterranean or European region...

Consider it done!

• Like 1

Hello TPW, I am currently experiencing an error whenever I start Arma with TPW Mods. When my game is in its initial launching stages, I get an error window saying "Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_Mods.hpp not found." I went to look at the userconfig folder and TPW_Mods.hpp was there. Do you have any information on how I can fix this error?

6 minutes ago, upuu said:

Hello TPW, I am currently experiencing an error whenever I start Arma with TPW Mods. When my game is in its initial launching stages, I get an error window saying "Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_Mods.hpp not found." I went to look at the userconfig folder and TPW_Mods.hpp was there. Do you have any information on how I can fix this error?

Did you copy the .hpp file into Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS.  If you don't have a userconfig folder, you can just create one.

Oh I been away too long!

Looks like there has been some cool things going on here TPW, excited to fire up the game and check it out.

Thanks a million for your continued efforts at making this game so much better!

16 hours ago, Savage_Donkey said:

Did you copy the .hpp file into Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS.  If you don't have a userconfig folder, you can just create one.

Yeah, the .hpp is in the userconfig folder.

2 hours ago, upuu said:

Yeah, the .hpp is in the userconfig folder.

Yes, of course it is ^^......have you copy/pasted this userconfig folder into your main Arma3 directory?

Open the @TPW_MODS folder,

...within this folder is the userconfig folder,

...copy this folder and paste it into your main Arma 3 directory,

...edit the .hpp file to suit your tastes,

...launch the game and have fun! 

6 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Yes, of course it is ^^......have you copy/pasted this userconfig folder into your main Arma3 directory?

Open the @TPW_MODS folder,

...within this folder is the userconfig folder,

...copy this folder and paste it into your main Arma 3 directory,

...edit the .hpp file to suit your tastes,

...launch the game and have fun! 

Ah, that's what the issue was. It's working now, thank you very much!

• Like 1

Hello.  Thanks for the mod; it make a huge difference for us.

I am running 8 of the features via scripts in my mission folders:

Core

Air

Animals

Bleedout

Fireflies

Furniture

Houselights

Park

I am calling all of them like this example:

0 = [25,300,150,20,10] execvm "scripts\tpw\tpw_park.sqf";

Park is the only one I can't get working.  (SP or MP)  I've only tried this on Altis so far, if that makes a difference.  I receive no error messages. (I have show script errors enabled.)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

-Doc

Hi, what are the requirements for running tpw_skirmish as a script?

I call it from other mods via ArmAs map (diaryrecord).

For some reasons, it is not working any more. I always did this: execvm the tpw_core.sqf, then call tpw_skirmish.sqf - I call it with pretty much the example command line. The script starts, but then bugs me with errors about undefined variables, tpw_blacklist something (sorry cannot tell precisely now).

Also, tpw_mods is loaded as a mod. But via the config.hpp file, skirmish of course is not loaded.

On 4/27/2017 at 9:24 AM, doc. caliban said:

Hello.  Thanks for the mod; it make a huge difference for us.

I am running 8 of the features via scripts in my mission folders:

Core

Air

Animals

Bleedout

Fireflies

Furniture

Houselights

Park

I am calling all of them like this example:

0 = [25,300,150,20,10] execvm "scripts\tpw\tpw_park.sqf";

Park is the only one I can't get working.  (SP or MP)  I've only tried this on Altis so far, if that makes a difference.  I receive no error messages. (I have show script errors enabled.)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

-Doc

Hi Doc, Park works fine as a script, it's how I normally run it in "developer" mode

Try this:

0 = [15,300,150,20,15,["RDS","LOP_","civ"]] execvm "\scripts\tpw\tpw_park.sqf"; 

On 4/27/2017 at 2:02 PM, tortuosit said:

Hi, what are the requirements for running tpw_skirmish as a script?

I call it from other mods via ArmAs map (diaryrecord).

For some reasons, it is not working any more. I always did this: execvm the tpw_core.sqf, then call tpw_skirmish.sqf - I call it with pretty much the example command line. The script starts, but then bugs me with errors about undefined variables, tpw_blacklist something (sorry cannot tell precisely now).

Also, tpw_mods is loaded as a mod. But via the config.hpp file, skirmish of course is not loaded.

Hi tortuosit

As per my above post, SKIRMISH should run just fine as a script.

I usually run something like this (change path to suit you obviously): 

0 = [1,0,2,0,1,0 ,350,1500,1,0,0,[1],[-7,-8],[6],30,"_dpcu","_dpcu","","","","",[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[],[]] execvm "\scripts\tpw\tpw_skirmish.sqf";

On 4/23/2017 at 8:14 PM, Zakuaz said:

Oh I been away too long!

Looks like there has been some cool things going on here TPW, excited to fire up the game and check it out.

Thanks a million for your continued efforts at making this game so much better!

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated

TPW MODS 20170429: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5td1jyr959osdi/TPW_MODS_20170429.zip

Changes:

• [CORE 1.36, FOG 1.52] Bushlurker's Island 51 added to region and climate list.
  • [FIREFLIES 1.03] Buzzing houseflies will gradually build up around dead bodies, and will occasionally buzz around the player's ears. Mosquitos will sporadically hum around the player on still nights.
  • [SOAP 1.12] Adjusted volume of ambient house noise. Fixed issue where Greek ambience was playing in addition to Mid East Ambience on Mid East maps.

Greetings all. Back with another update, attending further to immersion. This time I've furthered the diegetic aspects of the game by (re) introducing flies and mosquitos as part of TPW FIREFLIES. Buzzing flies will gradually spawn around dead bodies, and can also be observed and heard hanging around bins, dumpsters and rubbish piles. To top it all off, you'll occasionally hear one of the little bastards buzzing around your face. They lay off the face buzzing after dark, but then the mosquitos take over and you'll occasionally hear one whining around your ear in their annoying fashion. Flies and mozzies are only active if it's warmer than 10deg (and will increase in numbers the warmer it gets), and not raining or too windy. They'll disperse if there's nearby gunfire too.  

I realise that like many of my mods this shit will add nothing to the combat, but it does increase immersion a little to hear lots of flies buzzing  and turn around to discover you're next to a rubbish heap.Or to come across a dead animal or person and roughly gauge how long they've been dead by how many flies are hanging around. Or to be lying concealed at night and be annoyed by the hum of an occasional mosquito trying to give you anaemia. Flies and mosquitos are active as long as TPW FIRELIES is active, there is no other configuration. If you find any bugs (groan) etc, please let me know. 

• Like 8