Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Is the game dumbed down?

like making the mortar/spotter team or AT team worth playing in pairs

that would be awesome. it's partly there with the two backpack system but it could be improved and made more interesting. sadly those thoughts are usually drowned by "the camps" fighting eachother and dragging everyone else in.

I don't feel really angry about A3 (more the opposite in fact)...I'm also getting on a bit but I find it hard to rage that hard over a computer game.

same here. i'm usually angry about people who generalize and deliberatly misunderstand or think it's their duty to protect the world from "dayZ kiddies" and blind fire everywhere in the process.

i have already about 1000 hours of modding (and also some playing ;) ) in arma 3. i started right away when the alpha came out. i spend lots of nights inside arma 3 instead of sleeping (probably the reason why i lack patience for the forums) ;). i can't even imagine how it would be if the unused potential would actually be used. it's already addicting as is. it would be simply mind blowing.

VAC is awesome, haven't got it working perfect yet but have had a taste, great option.

what is that sorcery you speak of? i guess you don't mean Valve Anti Cheat since i was talking about arma's action and command menu. what am i missing? sounds interesting.

Edited by Bad Benson

what is that sorcery you speak of? i guess you don't mean Valve Anti Cheat since i was talking about arma's action and command menu. what am i missing? sounds interesting.

Voice activated commands: http://www.dwvac.com/

And thumbs up for you and Das Attorney's on those posts. Is more about gameplay than realistic gameplay and that can be extended to fatigue and carry capacity things.

Voice activated commands: http://www.dwvac.com/

And thumbs up for you and Das Attorney's on those posts. Is more about gameplay than realistic gameplay and that can be extended to fatigue and carry capacity things.

A free alternative is "shoot", worked well in OFP and ArmA when I tried it. Would need small profile adjustments for A3 but it doesn't cost any money :) .

http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

you can even edit with these things :) , get with the programme soldier lol ;)

Paid

Free

*Warning* Only use VAC if you are in a 100% sure relationship. My wife caught me barking orders into my headset once and asked

"Oh, your playing with people?"

"Erhm, no. Im telling my computer guys what to"

"......................" *insert threw up in my mouth a little face here*

*Warning* Only use VAC if you are in a 100% sure relationship. My wife caught me barking orders into my headset once and asked

Lol yeah, moreover it's my Galaxy S3 who is answering when i try to give an order to my comp..."I don't know what 'Come back in formation dammit' means"...what a world.... :lookaround:

hahahaha. oh my.

well i'll pass on this one. it's an interesting concept but i'm more after a well designed more visual hierarchical menu (already started building one for myself) instead of a list of words. i'd personally feel awkward using voice command. i am aware of voice command but not really drawn to it as a solution for arma's outdated user interface. but thanks to everyone for the info.

This is true, im hoping i can do whisper mode? my missus already dubious i spend so much time on the game, i dont think shes too impressed with me barking orders into Mic, could be that piece of straw that breaks something :)

Anyway for anyone curious heres VAC in action (by JojoTheSlayer), i think once you can master all the commands then its the ultimate way to play as squad leader, also as High Commander

Edited by Katipo66
by JojoTheSlayer

VAC is not the answer for bad UI design.

Not answer but great option otherwise.

very nice video katipo. lol at that disobeying medic ;)

Its not mine, this was created by JojoTheSlayer, but its a great demo of how it could/should work :)

Overall Arma3's UI is easily the smoothest UI we've had so far... imo. Commanding has always sucked though.

---------- Post added at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was at 00:24 ----------

Quoting this here, hope Icebreakr doesn't flog me for that, but it's a good summary of A3's state imo.

The picture he used to introduce his blog post (http://www.icebreakr.info/) is all the more funny (and sad at the same time)

-------------

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130923/u7985htr.jpg

Yes this really sucks. Homes are all vacant, card board boxes haha. The other day I was going to add furniture to a home, but we can't even hardly do that because of the severe lack of furniture. I did manage with what we have available, but, there's only so much you can do with what we've been provided.

Edited by Pac Man

I'm one of those people you are talking about. I'm here for zombies lol. But I am mature and won't ruin anyones experience. I can't wait to actually learn to play the regular game correctly.

---------- Post added at 01:12 ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 ----------

This is true, im hoping i can do whisper mode? my missus already dubious i spend so much time on the game, i dont think shes too impressed with me barking orders into Mic, could be that piece of straw that breaks something :)

Anyway for anyone curious heres VAC in action (by JojoTheSlayer), i think once you can master all the commands then its the ultimate way to play as squad leader, also as High Commander

Cool video : )

one thing came to my mind lately. I remember back in alpha, all the vehicles had realistic start up. First when you press forward, the eninge turns on, and after a second or 2, the car accelerates. This was quite realistic, and i wonder, why it has turned in to BF3 a like, where you hop ina car and drive with engine start up sound. I wish BIS would bring it back.

one thing came to my mind lately. I remember back in alpha, all the vehicles had realistic start up. First when you press forward, the eninge turns on, and after a second or 2, the car accelerates. This was quite realistic, and i wonder, why it has turned in to BF3 a like, where you hop ina car and drive with engine start up sound. I wish BIS would bring it back.

Agreed, on the quad bike, you can already drive while the get in animation still plays.

Agreed, on the quad bike, you can already drive while the get in animation still plays.

oh yesm forgot to meantion that. Also when you geting out and pressing forward, it also keeps driving.

One thing I don't like is how much damage a piece of light armor can take from an MBT, as compared to all of the previous titles. In this regard, it reminds me of BF3.