Sign in to follow this  
slatts

Arma 2 Weapons Project

Starting out by porting the FN FAL to learn the tricks of the trade of Arma 3 weapons I began porting more weapons I have permission for. This was mostly done to bring USMC issue weapons over for the 15th MEU unit but thought I'd be nice and share my progress with all who visit here :) here's some screenies

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma32013-08-0623-30-31-29_zps5ba40439.png

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma32013-08-1217-43-51-66_zps40dd2e06.png

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/arma32013-08-0717-41-18-77_zpsbdc99db3.png

Note, the holo on the SMAW was a test to see if optics could be used on AT weapons. And I'm happy to report they can. It takes a good bit of time to do all these weapons due to the textures and RVMATs needing some work but with the help of HM3 Oliver the process has been speed-ed up. Will update the pictures as more are done :) Also trying to get optics and attacments over.

Also can't post this without a huge thanks to the guys at BIS for allowing me permission for this :D

Slatts :cool:

To bad you cant edit the models... Would like to see a FAL with Rail System :3

To bad you cant edit the models... Would like to see a FAL with Rail System :3

Ohhhh yes I can :D

Are you going to see if you can update the textures as well? They look a bit flat compared to Arma 3, but that's just because they're from Arma 2.

Apparently DayZ did it very well.

Hey,

nice idea so far. I think I asked you this before with some other project, but need any sounds for them? :D

LJ

I might slap on some RIS rails to the side of the FAL, something quick and easy. Textures aren't really my thing but I think some of them look great already..apart from the M16 and M4.

@Jarhead, man if you could have proper sounds for these I would love you even more :D

Oh man! That's nice. Which ones are you allowed to port/edit?

I might slap on some RIS rails to the side of the FAL, something quick and easy. Textures aren't really my thing but I think some of them look great already..apart from the M16 and M4.

@Jarhead, man if you could have proper sounds for these I would love you even more :D

Since you port A2 weapons, how about JSRS1.5 sounds, tweaked in stereo? Just let me know on PM and I'll drop you a package ;)

LJ

Very nice project. :)

Any chance that you port the mk16 and mk17 over from OA?

Really looking forward to this mate.

Cheers

Before I was told I had No permissions on my SA-58V and having no one reply to getting said permissions I can toss the rifle off to you if you want; So far its got most of it done, textures need work. It fires full and semi, compatible with all FHQ and default ArmA3 optics and gear, it still uses 6.5 mags though so you'd have to play with its config more than I did.

Very nice project. :)

Any chance that you port the mk16 and mk17 over from OA?

Mk17 is WIP :)

are you going to care about weapon animation too?

Do you mean hand animations? I have brought them over and they work fine :)

@All, this is going to take some time to get everything I have permission for over. Just very time consuming with these textures and magazines etc.

Not exactly, was still working on these but life is getting in the way, I feel that MLODs will be released and others will beat me to it

not exactly, was still working on these but life is getting in the way, i feel that mlods will be released and others will beat me to it

don't you quit on us soldier! YOU CAN DO EEET! How far have you gotten btw?

Edited by ZimZamFlimFlam

Yeah, don´t give up Slatts, I personally love your FN FAL addon, and ArmA3 needs some Scar Mk17 and G36s!!!! (but take your time, buddy) ;D

This little project went by the way side! Well had no where else to post this little WIP video. Hopefully I can fix the non moving scope when I get home :)

This little project went by the way side! Well had no where else to post this little WIP video. Hopefully I can fix the non moving scope when I get home :)

Include the proxy in the moving selection ;)

yes and yes i can't wait for this GL, the MK13 is also planned?