massi

NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

Massi, do you have any plans for an update to the ACE3 optional PBO to fix the issue noted below? 
My unit uses ACE3 and i am testing the USSOCOM uniforms and weapons pack for inclusion, and the ballistics issue is a no-go for us.  I will be working to get them to try the uniforms/vests/etc from the Uni pack though.

Thanks!

I am having what appears to be a weapon/ammo config issue when using Massi weapons with ACE3. The massi weapons wont work with ACE3 M203 rounds like the huntIR and the ammo shows the incorrect caliber and uses the incorrect ballistics. for example the AKMS shows up as a 5.56mm caliber in the upper right of the screen and has the ballistics of the 5.56x45 round.

i am using the Massi ACE3 optionals pbos but they seem to be out of date? Can this get fixed @massi?

I tested the ballistics and such in the Virtual Arsenal using the VR terrain. I had ACE3 and CBA_A3 as well as the Massi SF weapons pack loaded. almost all the AR/AK style rifles and even the M24 had essentially the same ballistics profile and even showed the same caliber being fired.

Any new updates soon? cheers. If you have said it earlier, i am sorry for not noticing it.

Next update will bring back custom sounds, fix AK sights and other small things, it will take some more  weeks to be released.

Regards ;)

massi

• Like 4

Hey dude, I don't suppose there's any chance you could add these with ASDG_JR compatibility by default could you?

It's a little frustrating to have to explain to all the guys why their scopes have disappeared/aren't available every time you update. Plus if I want to publish a mission using your weapon pack (which is awesome by the way, not knocking it at all) having to add instructions for people to copy the files across just makes your average new player just not want to play the mission. 

I mean it's built into CBA now so I'd say it's more common than those who don't use CBA. 

Again, it's an awesome pack and is the only weapon addon I use these days 

*edit Ok now I think I will have to change weapon packs for the mission I'm working on, I'm pretty sure steam keeps seeing a different file and "updating" the pack because just about every time I open ARMA I need to close it and copy those ASDG compatibility files across. There's no point having an awesome weapon pack like this without the ability to use all the amazing optics available.
Honestly if you make that change and give the weapons ASDG compatibility by default I'll be the first to download it, I really really like the pack, but I need those optics. 

• Like 3

Hi Massi,

Great weapon pack and I have a similar question about ACE3, ASDG JR and Blastcore.

Basically, I added the optional ACE3, ASDR JR configs to the main ADDONS folder hoping to have all the correct options.

I also use Fortfox's Edited Blastcore Tracers which has an optional addon for your weapons pack.

It sort of works except for the MK48 which tends to shoot these huge fireballs instead of tracers.

Any idea how to make it all work together? Should I just only add the ACE3 and ASDG JR options to the weapons pack folder, then add the optional Blastcore Tracers PBO to ACE3 only?

Its pretty confusing how to make it all work together. Any idea would be great.

Hey dude, I don't suppose there's any chance you could add these with ASDG_JR compatibility by default could you?

It's a little frustrating to have to explain to all the guys why their scopes have disappeared/aren't available every time you update. Plus if I want to publish a mission using your weapon pack (which is awesome by the way, not knocking it at all) having to add instructions for people to copy the files across just makes your average new player just not want to play the mission. 

I mean it's built into CBA now so I'd say it's more common than those who don't use CBA. 

Again, it's an awesome pack and is the only weapon addon I use these days 

*edit Ok now I think I will have to change weapon packs for the mission I'm working on, I'm pretty sure steam keeps seeing a different file and "updating" the pack because just about every time I open ARMA I need to close it and copy those ASDG compatibility files across. There's no point having an awesome weapon pack like this without the ability to use all the amazing optics available.

Honestly if you make that change and give the weapons ASDG compatibility by default I'll be the first to download it, I really really like the pack, but I need those optics. 

sorry for late reply,

in next version there will be a Steam ASDj rails option available without copy pasting anything.

• Like 3

sorry for late reply,

in next version there will be a Steam ASDj rails option available without copy pasting anything.

Awesome man, thank you very much. Appreciate your work!

Hey Massi, big fan of the mods you've released  :D

But there seems to be a problem with some of the pistol textures in the pack. For example, the M9, Glock 17, and Browning HP have very odd textures whenever i use them.

Wondering if theres a problem with my mods or is it just a problem regarding the latest patch. Either way, hope for an update on your mods soon  :)

header_weapos_new_zpseydq2zpl.jpg

by massi

NATO SF and RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ WEAPONS for A3

Hi all,

Here’s an update of my NATO SF and Spetsnaz weapons pack.

This time I’ve re-added custom sounds, improved AKs iron sights, added PPSH and  updated the ammo flight values, plus other small fixies. Also now on STEAM you’ll find also a  CBA version of the weapons with the optional ASDG Joint Rails optional files already installed, that means the weapons will use any compatible items.

I will keep working on these weapons and on all my other addons in the spare time I’ll have, thanks again for all reports and suggestions ;)

Changelog.

v 1.12  date 02/MAY/2016

- Re-added custom weapons sounds

- Fixed flight values for SD ammo

- Added PPSH

- Improved AKs sights models

- Fixed pistols textures

- Fixed other reported issues

Download Links:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6GnxXzbNVuN0NCU1k1WDBoUXc/view?usp=sharing

STEAM Workshop Standard version

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=500929500

STEAM Workshop CBA Version ASDG Joint Rails

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=677119005

BI Forum thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3

CREDITS.

TIGG: thanks a lot for the great m4, m16, hk416-417, m203, e-mag, stanag magazine, folding sights, akm, akms, ak74m, ak74, aks74, ak74sf, aks74u, ak magazine , wepon boxes , pistol laser and suppressor models and textures.

Tomáš "Tom3dJay" Janošík: HK416-417 handguard and barrel cover models and textures

Mirza Miftahul Fadillah: ARX 160 models and textures.

Shortez : Magpull stock on M4 CQB and AK SF

Arby26: M4 and L119 handguard and barrel cover model and textures

ImBrokeRU: M4 VLTOR model and textures

BrianB233: MP7 models and textures

Revolutionart: Anpeq 15 model and textures

SAM61: P226 model and textures

Drabbad: Grach model and textures

CoD67: HK416/417/M27 model and textures

Somnium125: MP40 model and textures

Triworks: Gas mask model and textures

koala50000: Sten mark II

Austro: Pzf60

Graeme: New logos and graphics.

Vilas: the weapons are mostly Vilas MLODS modified and ported to A3 with his permission, credits for most part of weapons models, like all Zastavas, RPK, AK12, SVD, AK parts, G3s, MG3, USP, Mk23, Browning HP, Makarov, and many other models parts,  go to him thanks a lot because I wouldn't have been able to create realistic weapons for the units without your great models!

BI: for releasing the A1/A2/OA sample models , from which I have taken the rest of the weapons models ported to A3, thanks for the same reason above!

LordJarhead: for all the weapon's sounds and the needed config entries!

Sound Author= LordJarhead

Website= http://www.jsrs-studios.com

Alwarren: thanks a lot for making me able to port Vilas and A1 weapons to A3 , your constant help was essential to have the weapons working ingame!

Thanks a lot for the great ACOG 3d optics models and textures!

Zach Gibsons: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 weapons Tutorial, without your great tutorial I wouldn't have been able to port the weapons ingame.

ToadBall: thanks a lot for making Arma 3 ready M16, that was foundamental to get the weapons ingame!

Kaelies: for PSO reticles textures.

Robalo: thanks a lot for making ASDG joint rails optional config, wich I've updated to fit new version and included as optional config!

Raven DK: thanks a lot for helping with Acog 3D and Aimpoint!

Pepe Hal: thanks a lot for the sound fix until my update!

Toadie: thanks a lot for the great Ak's reload anims!

PPSH41: Luchador

Best Ragards

massi

• Like 2

Great to see the update Massi-these are my go to weapons most days :) Did you add in the grenade launcher animations for your weapons?

I have just a small question, i don't know if it was asked before but what vest is this? 

R2SeE9i.jpg

it's seems to be a really good model :D

i don't think this is from his pack mate :/ all the vests from Spectre Armaments are plain colors, this one is in multicam

Could be VSM as they use one of spectres best for their base and change it to camo
  • Like 1

Could be VSM as they use one of spectres best for their base and change it to camo

Nope mate, i'm sure of it XD it's a model that not belong neither to the VSM or the spectre armaments mod, maybe it's a model made by massi, or someone donate it to him

Nope mate, i'm sure of it XD it's a model that not belong neither to the VSM or the spectre armaments mod, maybe it's a model made by massi, or someone donate it to him

your right.It actually looks quite like a British Osprey Vest

• Like 1

That looks very much like a vest I was "working on" and gave to a couple of people on the condition they used it privately, as it was a personal purchase vest from a 3d site, and I ported it into A3 for personal use, it's a LBT-6094, and if it's the same one, yes it's a very good model.

• Like 1

Hi!  Here are my two cents:

PPSh-41 - rate of fire and sound very far from real prototype(IRL rof is much higher, and the sound much softer with metal clanging)

AK74M SF - buttstocks too short, space between the shoulder and stock looks messy

AKS74 - folding metal stocks also too short and disproportional to other parts of the rifle

AS VAL - standart magazine 20 rounds, not 30

HK-417 - very very thick barrel, dispropotional to real prototype

RPK74 - with opened by default bipod looks ugly. Even in most combat situations (except working from stationary positions) soldiers prefer to keep bipod locked under barrel

RPK74 - standart magazine are platic orange 45 round box-mag; drum mags are very rare and mostly for 7.62mm RPK versions. Also, real drum magazines has no chains

HK-417 polymer magazines used as default for M14 and Mk17 rifles. It is not right, they maybe even incompatible

On some MG-s used small BI bipods for marksman rifles. Disproportional and looking bad

FN FAL and G3  - shot sounds looks weak in comparsion to M14, SCAR-H and AKM

M24 - used cartridge same as M14, SCAR-H, but sound same as Lee-Enfield with more powerful cartridge

Most of sounds, especially new, in comparsion  to default game sounds seems too loud

Thank you for great addon and keep up good work!

Also now on STEAM you’ll find also a  CBA version of the weapons with the optional ASDG Joint Rails optional files already installed, that means the weapons will use any compatible items.

I love you so much right now man, thank you, this will be going on our server tonight!

Hi massi, with the recent update the masks with the tactical glasses has been replaced with the normal sport glasses. I just wanted to let you know as the tactical glasses looked better. 

Also the shemags still has the same colour in each one instead of red, green etc.

Is it also possible to have the first masks you used on these units as an option I just preferred them. They have a clean cut look into them. Please?

Hi Massi, noob question here: if I load NATO_russ_weapons_CBA in the active mod list in the Arma launcher and then any of one of your unit mod(UKSF for instance..) I got a prompt to activate the non CBA weapons mod..is that intended? Thanks and ..Ti stimo!