kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Done

Well, that was about 2 hours work.

Not, 1200? Not 4hrs/day, 7 days/wk for the last 10 months? :icon_twisted:

Seems OP, not gonna do this

Done

Only added the "Explosive Charge" requirement

Done

Cannot reproduce this or know how to fix it. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Seems unneeded/distracting. Not gonna do this

Done

Done

Done

Done

Not gonna do this

Done

Hahaha well get it up :)

Hahaha well get it up :)

Seconding.

Anyone looking for ready and willing co-op buddy PM me.

I get that "endless download" thing from mediafire. Can someone up a mirror?

I haven't tested the latest version of DUWS from Bigshot but is it working on a dedicated server and can it be used on any map just by changing the file name ?

If not, may be the fork should start from the last rlex version that has those features.

The last rlex version is here: http://lex.io/pub/SPMP_DUWS_Modified.altis.pbo

source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160117-SP-Dynamic-Universal-War-System-(DUWS-alpha0-1)/page104

If anybody plans to add unit addon support, I can help as I've already integrated it at least two times in various DUWS version (Aggressors and FSF Ennemies). Please contact me by PM.

I haven't tested the latest version of DUWS from Bigshot but is it working on a dedicated server and can it be used on any map just by changing the file name ?

If not, may be the fork should start from the last rlex version that has those features.

The last rlex version is here: http://lex.io/pub/SPMP_DUWS_Modified.altis.pbo

source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160117-SP-Dynamic-Universal-War-System-(DUWS-alpha0-1)/page104

If anybody plans to add unit addon support, I can help as I've already integrated it at least two times in various DUWS version (Aggressors and FSF Ennemies). Please contact me by PM.

No not available on a dedicated yet. no one seems to be able to master it :(

Anybody tried that ?

// this is the original script, cleaned up a little

if (isServer) then { // SERVER INIT

DUWS_host_start = false;

publicVariable "DUWS_host_start";

waitUntil {time > 0.1};

getsize_script = [player] execVM "mapsize.sqf";

DUWS_host_start = true;

// init High Command

_handle = [] execVM "dialog\hc_init.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone getsize_script};

};

};

if (isServer) then

{

_null = [] execVM "dialog\startup\hq_placement\placement.sqf";

waitUntil {chosen_hq_placement};

// create random HQ

if (!hq_manually_placed && !player_is_choosing_hqpos) then {

hq_create = [20, 0.015] execVM "initHQ\locatorHQ.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone hq_create};

};

};

//These are the changes made to the same section to get dedicated server working.

//script changes here are within the 'IF MP' section of init.sqf

//***********************************

//XORXAND add '//' to the beginning of line 205,217,224,225

// or remove the section above and replace with...

//***********************************

DUWS_host_start = false;

waitUntil {time > 0.1};

getsize_script = [player] execVM "mapsize.sqf";

DUWS_host_start = true;

// init High Command

_handle = [] execVM "dialog\hc_init.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone getsize_script};

}; //<---this is the end of 'IF MP' section

if (!HQ_pos_found_generated) then{ //<-----this question checks to ask the question about HQ placement

_null = [] execVM "dialog\startup\hq_placement\placement.sqf";

waitUntil {chosen_hq_placement};

if (!hq_manually_placed && !player_is_choosing_hqpos) then {

hq_create = [20, 0.015] execVM "initHQ\locatorHQ.sqf";

waitUntil {scriptDone hq_create};

};

};

PRO's:

Dedicated server works

CON's:

- 1 person must log into the game and set up the parameters

- other players are not to join the server until the params are set

- other players are to wait a short while in the water before being tele to HQ (just wait it will happen)

- 1 person must be logged in to keep the game params running.

NOTES: this is but a simple code hack to make this work, please don't ask me to make any additional changes as I am already out of my depth. Do not credit me in any code changes you make here. I am not responsible for you, your game, your computer or the universe and everything contained within it, if this shit goes wrong.

Hope this works for you and hope that a real piece of code gets written to keep running a dedicated server version of this mission. ALL HAIL DUWS!!!

Have been playing DUWS quite a bit lately. Almost donated to the modified version until I realized it was mandatory to receive updates, that's not so much a donation as it is a purchase. Would like to see someone continue this mod, you would have a lot of support. Maybe an RHS version?

Have been playing DUWS quite a bit lately. Almost donated to the modified version until I realized it was mandatory to receive updates, that's not so much a donation as it is a purchase. Would like to see someone continue this mod, you would have a lot of support. Maybe an RHS version?

It was also illegal.

- Fixed: rooftop AA pod on HQ & FOBs no longer falls over.

Cannot reproduce this or know how to fix it. Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Stumbled across this bug yesterday, it was after Kamysh attack on base. AA pod fell and cliped through a roof. I don't belive its fixable - seems like Arma engine issue.

Care to share? :)

Did anyone solve the AI not attacking immediately after zone creation? I check it in MCC, and see that often the enemy only guards the base but does not spawn attack waves and patrols. This is a pretty large thread so it's easy to miss relevant information. Cheers!

How exactly do you enable respawn? Whenever I die I just have to load a save.

Also does someone know how to give extra command points at the beginning? like 600 instead of 60

Also I'm getting that dumb glitch where my squad won't follow me.

Edited by foodstuffs

RHS Escalation DUWS?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360524977

You're welcome.

This is based off of kibot's DUWS which is fairly freely licensed, so it's legal, and does not contain features from BigShot's DUWS Modified.

How supportive would you guys be of a new strain of DUWS Modified, using features and tweaks that I add to Kibot's original (so none of BigShot's work)? I propose this instead of distributing BigShot's mission, which could get me banned from the forums.

I'm willing to make ports to popular mods like the CUP and RHS Escalation if no better ones have already been made.

And I won't ask for a single cent of donations.[/quote

We need a real man to handle this DUWS mission. You should go and make an actual mission of what is left of this blunder. Godspeed.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40862204436716126/1F00D8329AB6A7B295C7E8BDD402C73AEA22FE5E/ (522 kB)

Creating manually placed zones is a much bigger undertaking than I thought, but with the talents of my friend Fury we're coming close to realizing the dream.

As you can see, there's still work to be done, however!

Edit: If anyone wants a CUP version of Kibot's DUWS with more CP added, just post and I'll release it.

Edited by Phil_Accio

[FIRST POST SO NO LINKS LOL]

Creating manually placed zones is a much bigger undertaking than I thought, but with the talents of my friend Fury we're coming close to realizing the dream.

As you can see, there's still work to be done, however!

Basically what we're doing is trying to add in an additional GUI option to place Zones manually(On map click) instead of randomly. But still maintain all the functionality of randomly placed zones. Currently silly things happen like all the Zones having the same name, and we haven't put WARCOM initilization in yet, but we're getting there.

Anything you guys want added? I can't promise miracles because we suck(really badly) at scripting, but we'll at least try it.

Who knows, maybe we can do something with our combined effort.

Unit addon support would be great (yes, I know, I saying the same things for month on this thread...).

How can I contact you to contribute on that (I have a working solution) ?

Another thing: GAIA support. DUWS zones could be MCC zones. That will give the AI more flexibility to answer bluefor attacks. On this item, I had some part working but I need to recheck my code as I haven't done anything on this since summer holydays.

Unit addon support would be great (yes, I know, I saying the same things for month on this thread...).

How can I contact you to contribute on that (I have a working solution) ?

Another thing: GAIA support. DUWS zones could be MCC zones. That will give the AI more flexibility to answer bluefor attacks. On this item, I had some part working but I need to recheck my code as I haven't done anything on this since summer holydays.

Unit addon support...I think I can think of a way to do that fairly easily.

We actually got the script working fully with WARCOM and everything initializing properly the night after I posted. The only thing it needs now is prefabs, which may not even be necessary as the script is mostly to cater to people who like fighting in towns or other already strategic locations they can select. It's pretty fulfilling that it's working as intended now though. I liked doing it.

I'm not sure about GAIA, as in I know little about it.

As for contacting me, you can PM me on the forums and I'll send you some info.

We'll keep playing with the script and slowly but surely add things to it. Next on our We'll-try-but-can't-promise-anything list, Unit addon support.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!

I hope I'm not thought of as lazy by getting right to a post rather than reading through 100+ pages. I would like to support your work by posting a few of my findings.

1) It is stated that no add ons are required but when I tried to start DUWS, I got an error requesting that I start again using CBA.

2) When I got my load out and hopped on a quad I approached my first objective, parked and walked a couple hundred yards to scout my mission. When I went to retrieve my quad, it was gone. I have had this happen more than once and by the same token, I have not tried other vehicles to mimic the issue, (will report back if and when I do).

3) When my friend hosts the mission, I see the AI walking in place, and my fiend says that when I am moving I am laying down and sliding along.

4).....I wish I knew more about how Arma works but, I was doing some mod testing. I had a mission going and decided to halo quite far from my objective just to check something. I was probably 10km away and dropped right in to a bees nest of two tanks and two ifrits buzzing around. Is there a way to limit all of this activity so far from the main objective? I only ask this because of my concern about fps and performance in general.

Thanks for your work!!!

I hope I'm not thought of as lazy by getting right to a post rather than reading through 100+ pages. I would like to support your work by posting a few of my findings.

1) It is stated that no add ons are required but when I tried to start DUWS, I got an error requesting that I start again using CBA.

2) When I got my load out and hopped on a quad I approached my first objective, parked and walked a couple hundred yards to scout my mission. When I went to retrieve my quad, it was gone. I have had this happen more than once and by the same token, I have not tried other vehicles to mimic the issue, (will report back if and when I do).

3) When my friend hosts the mission, I see the AI walking in place, and my fiend says that when I am moving I am laying down and sliding along.

4).....I wish I knew more about how Arma works but, I was doing some mod testing. I had a mission going and decided to halo quite far from my objective just to check something. I was probably 10km away and dropped right in to a bees nest of two tanks and two ifrits buzzing around. Is there a way to limit all of this activity so far from the main objective? I only ask this because of my concern about fps and performance in general.

Thanks for your work!!!

Start reading from page 116 for a little context. Bigshot has been working on DUWS for a while since Kibot no longer works on it.